White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #496  
Old 11-27-2008, 10:20 PM
skobabe8's Avatar
skobabe8 skobabe8 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Crown Point, IN
Posts: 6,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox901 View Post
Wouldn't be nifty if they built a mall or hotel attached to the cell. The mall could be just a one leveler or if they want to make it bigger than the mall of American...just to stick it to Minneapolis or a hotel thats the Official Hotel of the Chicago White Sox, the players could stay there cheap and outta town fans could crash there. Just a thought though
I don't think players pay for their hotel rooms.
__________________



www.twitter.com/jasonrosko
  #497  
Old 11-27-2008, 10:39 PM
whitesox901 whitesox901 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toledo-Metro, Ohio
Posts: 2,286
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by skobabe8 View Post
I don't think players pay for their hotel rooms.
I know they don't, Im just saying how convenient/cool it would be if fans could pay for rooms there and players (home and away) crash there
  #498  
Old 11-27-2008, 10:42 PM
chisoxfanatic's Avatar
chisoxfanatic chisoxfanatic is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Brent Seabrook's guest room
Posts: 25,752
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox901 View Post
Wouldn't be nifty if they built a mall or hotel attached to the cell. The mall could be just a one leveler or if they want to make it bigger than the mall of American...just to stick it to Minneapolis or a hotel thats the Official Hotel of the Chicago White Sox, the players could stay there cheap and outta town fans could crash there. Just a thought though
We actually already do have a mall bigger than the Mall of America. It's called Woodfield Mall. The only thing making MoA look bigger is that roller coaster thing they have there. For actual shopping space, WM is bigger. And, that's all that's really important in a mall.
__________________
2013-2014 Blackhawks Attendance Record: 19-7-5 (Next Game: 9/23 vs. Detroit Red Wings - Preseason Opener)

26 Other Games I have (all season tickets): 10/11 vs. Buffalo (home opener), 10/16 vs. Calgary, 10/21 vs. Philadelphia, 10/28 vs. Anaheim, 11/2 vs. Winnipeg, 11/7 vs. Washington, 11/9 vs. San Jose, 11/16 vs. Dallas, 12/5 vs. Montreal, 12/16 vs. Minnesota, 12/21 vs. Toronto, 12/23 vs. Winnipeg, 1/4 vs. Dallas, 1/6 vs. Colorado, 1/16 vs. Winnipeg, 1/18 vs. Dallas, 1/20 vs. Arizona, 2/9 vs. Arizona, 2/11 vs. Vancouver, 2/20 vs. Colorado, 2/22 vs. Boston, 2/24 vs. Florida, 3/6 vs. Edmonton, 3/17 vs. New York Islanders, 3/27 vs. Columbus, 4/2 vs. Vancouver
  #499  
Old 11-27-2008, 11:20 PM
Lundind1 Lundind1 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago IL, Bridgeport
Posts: 787
Blog Entries: 11
Default

We are headed for a 5 tomato and new thread here. Good deal.

Anyone coming to the area here will have to use something other than 35th from the 28th to the 30th of November. They are taking the top 2 access ramps off of the east gate 5 ramp system and need to block the road for the long weekend. That should be the final phase of demo and construction will begin soon. I will report back when I get more on how much will be done in this phase.
__________________
www.twitter.com/sportsfinance
  #500  
Old 11-27-2008, 11:38 PM
soxfan21 soxfan21 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 15 Miles From The Cell
Posts: 1,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundind1 View Post
We are headed for a 5 tomato and new thread here. Good deal.

Anyone coming to the area here will have to use something other than 35th from the 28th to the 30th of November. They are taking the top 2 access ramps off of the east gate 5 ramp system and need to block the road for the long weekend. That should be the final phase of demo and construction will begin soon. I will report back when I get more on how much will be done in this phase.

I thought 35th would be closed down til 7 am December 1st? That is what I thought it said on whitesox.com it would be cool to see that top section come off though and to see how the construction crew there is going about doing that.
__________________
WEEKEND HOME: Sec. 115 Row 10
NEXT GAME: June 14
2014 Season Attendance Record: 4-6
  #501  
Old 11-28-2008, 12:17 AM
soxrepublican soxrepublican is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisoxfanatic View Post
We actually already do have a mall bigger than the Mall of America. It's called Woodfield Mall. The only thing making MoA look bigger is that roller coaster thing they have there. For actual shopping space, WM is bigger. And, that's all that's really important in a mall.
Accually, whats most important in a mall is having it not really be there! I hate malls. And having one by the ballpark would be stupid too. We're not cub fans. We go to grab a bite, and watch the game. We dont need all this ****. Whats next? 5 million yuppy Bars? Ivy? Nonlistalga? May I dare to say troughs, and the piss smell that comes with that? US Urnial Field? Lets quit this bull****, and stay simple, Good food and then watch the friggin game. Just my 2 cents.
  #502  
Old 11-28-2008, 12:31 AM
Nellie_Fox's Avatar
Nellie_Fox Nellie_Fox is offline
Official Professor
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: North Mankato, MN
Posts: 16,285
Default



And with that, a new thread must be opened. Continue here.
__________________

"Nellie Fox, that little son of a gun, was always on base and was a great hit-and-run man. He sprayed hits all over."
Yogi Berra in the New York Sunday News (July 12, 1970)
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.