White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 04:58 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant View Post
The only thing I wish they'd do is take down the billboards.
Vote for sko! My plan would eliminate 3...count 'em 3 billboards and STILL maintain ad space!!!

www.twitter.com/jasonrosko
Old 04-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skobabe8 View Post
Vote for sko! My plan would eliminate 3...count 'em 3 billboards and STILL maintain ad space!!!

It would look better opened up. The view is cool from the UD. Ads are fine but as long as they're part of something functional. Why do we need a wall of billboards? It's just tacky.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:08 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
It would look better opened up. The view is cool from the UD. Ads are fine but as long as they're part of something functional. Why do we need a wall of billboards? It's just tacky.
I agree. By knocking down those billboards, you can widen the scoreboard and even re-introduce the classic shape....

...except it would be completely LED. Plenty of room for ads along the sides and all of the info you need in the middle. Plus, a nice clock on top!
Old 04-15-2008, 05:13 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyPretzel View Post
I don't understand why the board on the fan deck doesn't have player stats on it anymore.
Actually I was wondering that myself.

Since they had 2007 stats on the big board when players are announced, maybe they're waiting on posting 2008 stats until a bit later in the season.

It also may be a player/coach/GM request after last season. Who wants to see that they're hitting .215 right in front of their face while hitting...
Old 04-15-2008, 05:15 PM
WSI Regular

A clock would fit great where the McDonald's ad is at the top of the board, especially since right field can't see the current clock due to the fan deck
Old 04-15-2008, 05:15 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
The way the Sox did the Fundamentals Deck is a great way to do that. They still can have the adspace and not have it be overwhelming. Maybe they can do a DC-like "Red loft" in either the rightfield stands or in the place of where the giant adboards are now...

The McDonalds logo instead of a clock has been a long-standing gripe of mine. I wonder if the Sox have a contract for that? Time to e-mail Brooks??
Old 04-15-2008, 05:18 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
The way the Sox did the Fundamentals Deck is a great way to do that. They still can have the adspace and not have it be overwhelming.

The McDonalds logo instead of a clock has been a long-standing gripe of mine. I wonder if the Sox have a contract for that? Time to e-mail Brooks??
I remember last time this came up that there is a contract and McDonalds had no interest in changing it.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:24 PM
WSI Church Elder

I think a giant triple jumbo tron scoreboard should replace the entire thing. It would be nice having a screen that can be combined and split into different things. I think the park has one of the ugliest scoreboards.

"It is easy to be smart, but a struggle to be wise"
Old 04-15-2008, 05:27 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skobabe8 View Post
I agree. By knocking down those billboards, you can widen the scoreboard and even re-introduce the classic shape....

...except it would be completely LED. Plenty of room for ads along the sides and all of the info you need in the middle. Plus, a nice clock on top!
Why couldn't the current scoreboards be replaced with LED and HD technology. You could reserve a portion of the screens for ads that changed from inning to inning. It would free up the clutter the current ads appear to create. I odn't know why anyone hasn't tried that yet.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:26 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by grv1974 View Post
The big windows on the outside of the stadium.
Gotcha, I misunderstood. I've seen stores that have done the "we want tinted windows without paying for them so we used film" and always, always, always the following happens.

Four year olds who find that one edge and start pulling.

Breast Cancer Awareness doesn't end on Oct. 31st. Folks, get educated on it and get involved. Ladies, please get tested. For more info, visit www.komen.org.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:29 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontman View Post
Gotcha, I misunderstood. I've seen stores that have done the "we want tinted windows without paying for them so we used film" and always, always, always the following happens.

Four year olds who find that one edge and start pulling.

Ah, okay. Yeah, I don't really care about windows inside the stadium like on the shops and such.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:31 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontman View Post
I finally see the scoreboard as a disappointment, as I noticed this last time at the park, there is a TON of dead space up there that could be used. When that board was built, it probably was state of the art, but all these newer parks can use the Hi-def technology to make their boards stand out.

I wouldn't mind the board being updated.
Stop being lazy and just bring your laptop to the games.

They should bring back auto polo! Roger Bossard has too much free time.

Vernam
Old 04-15-2008, 07:33 PM
WSI Personality

If i had my way, they would completely redo the inside of the bullpen sports bar. Everytime i'm in there, i feel like I'm drinking in some guys garage. Maybe put some more lighting in there, or re-do the floors.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:55 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernam View Post
Stop being lazy and just bring your laptop to the games.

They should bring back auto polo! Roger Bossard has too much free time.

Vernam
It's America's NEWEST CRAZE!
Old 04-15-2008, 08:06 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourStarsTwoBars View Post
A clock would fit great where the McDonald's ad is at the top of the board, especially since right field can't see the current clock due to the fan deck
I agree with you on that. I do not think I have seen the clock since they built the fandeck.
Closed Thread