White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 10:25 AM
Banned

I don't think i'd change the scoreboard. It's a simple one, becuase there's a lot of things in that area to keep your attention, between the billboards and the other scoreboards in the area. At a park like the Cell, the scoreboard shouldn't be the main and only focus. If we changed it we'd turn into every other baseball stadium that has a central scoreboard in LF and nothing else. US Cellular Field is the most unique looking stadium in baseball, i'd like to keep it like that.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:29 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentywontowin View Post
I think a home run porch identical looking to Fundamentals out in right field would look awesome. Put some premium seats or a bar/restaurant up there.
That would be awesome!

I know there were rumors that there were plans for something like that, some pictures even leaked out showing a rendition of it. Too bad it didnt happen.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:48 PM
WSI Church Elder

Ivy on the outfield walls.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:30 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadPaleHoser View Post
I want those blue table tops out of the BPSB replaced. That's the last vestige of Dodger blue (besides two plastic seats, of course ) and they should make them either green or black.
Yeah, I actually emailed Brooks on those BPSB tables (and those weird blue folding chairs behing home plate), but he said they weren't planning on changing them.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:54 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
Ivy on the outfield walls.
We don't want any weeds on the outfield walls, that looks crappy
Old 04-15-2008, 02:27 PM
WSI High Priest

I finally see the scoreboard as a disappointment, as I noticed this last time at the park, there is a TON of dead space up there that could be used. When that board was built, it probably was state of the art, but all these newer parks can use the Hi-def technology to make their boards stand out.

I wouldn't mind the board being updated.

As far as the "Home Run" porch, they've already considered it and rejected it. The construction and having to re-do that whole side of the park is cost prohibitive. Considering that only a handful of homeruns have ever reached the Fundamentals deck, a right field "home run" porch would have to come down over the current concourse seats to ever have a chance at some upper deck home runs.

As far as making the windows green by just filming them; you do realize that folks will just pick and peel at it until it looks crappy, right?

Breast Cancer Awareness doesn't end on Oct. 31st. Folks, get educated on it and get involved. Ladies, please get tested. For more info, visit www.komen.org.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:38 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontman View Post
As far as making the windows green by just filming them; you do realize that folks will just pick and peel at it until it looks crappy, right?
The windows are up a little high to be doing that. Are you planning on bringing a ladder to the games?
Old 04-15-2008, 03:00 PM
WSI Regular

When a saw a photo of old Comiskey on the upper deck collage last weekend I noticed the renovation of the upper deck looks alot like old comiskey did.

Has anyone noticed this before, I haven't seen that pointed out yet (even with a extensive forum search) or am I just seeing things?

I'm fine with the stadium as it is right now, nothing other than small aesthetic changes needed.

Last edited by FourStarsTwoBars; 04-15-2008 at 06:47 PM. Reason: better photo size
Old 04-15-2008, 03:04 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourStarsTwoBars View Post
When a saw a photo of old Comiskey on the upper deck collage last weekend I noticed the renovation of the upper deck looks alot like old comiskey did.

Has anyone noticed this before, I haven't seen that pointed out yet (even with a extensive forum search) or am I just seeing things?

I'm fine with the stadium as it is right now, nothing other than small aesthetic changes needed.
Holy Crap! You're right! It'd be funny if this were just a coincidence.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:26 PM
WSI Church Elder

That was definitely part of the thinking.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:38 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by grv1974 View Post
The windows are up a little high to be doing that. Are you planning on bringing a ladder to the games?
So just the upper windows, not windows like in the Majestic T-shirt shop, BPSP, etc?

If that's what you're talking about, maybe it would be cool.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:46 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
So just the upper windows, not windows like in the Majestic T-shirt shop, BPSP, etc?

The windows on the outside inside the arches, I believe.

I think the deck in RF would be cool if it was somethin akin to the fundamentals deck, but it would be just a viewing point maybe with a specialty food area. It would not actually increase seating and would not be a 'hr porch'.

Id also knock out the 2 billboards closest to the scoreboard, update/expand the scoreboard, and place the ads that were on those billboards prominently on the new scoreboard.

www.twitter.com/jasonrosko
Old 04-15-2008, 03:48 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default KC scoreboard

The new Royals scoreboard is amazing. HD and there's so much info up there it took a while to find everything.

Granted I had a few pops and some some licorice whip, but the HD screen of replays looked better than real life.

The also have a video board on the LF fence like Toronto -- which I thought was a bit of overkill.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:52 PM
Banned

The only thing I wish they'd do is take down the billboards.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:57 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:

The big windows on the outside of the stadium.
Closed Thread