White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2007, 07:30 PM
WSI Regular

Default Guardado

So I'm one of the people that thinks the Linebrink deal is actually a good thing consdering what we witnessed last year but I dont think he is enough. I was just checking out the free agent list on MLB.com and came across Eddie Guardado. I dont follow the National League much but based on his prior numbers and the comments they made about him, maybe we can get him fairly cheap. Sort of risk / reward type deal.

Thoughts??

Link to the entire page of FA's...

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...2007&fext=.jsp
Old 11-23-2007, 07:36 PM
WSI Prelate

My standard reply is that I'm not against adding any player who might be able to get hitters out. If he's willing to sign an incentive-based deal, I'd do it.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:39 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
My standard reply is that I'm not against adding any player who might be able to get hitters out. If he's willing to sign an incentive-based deal, I'd do it.
I agree and should have clarified. One of the reasons he looked appealing to me was because he may come fairly inexpensive if the Reds turned down the option they had on him.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:14 PM
WSI Church Elder

Did he ever get that torn rotator cuff repaired?
Old 11-23-2007, 11:29 PM
WSI Regular

Default Shoulder

He missed a lot of the last two years w/ shoulder issues. He would be a nice Dustin Hermanson-esque pipe dream.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:29 AM
WSI High Priest

If he is healthy maybe, but we have 2 lefties already in Boone and Thornton. Matt is a lock, and Boone has filthy stuff and is pretty tough on lefties. At only 23 years old I like Logan's future with us.