White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2007, 06:21 PM
Banned

Default Jacob Rasner

What's the status on this guy? Is he still in Class A? On the Sox? I thought the main "prize" in the Brandon McCarthy deal was not Danks, but this guy Rasner.

Can anybody give me some info? Thanks.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisoxmike View Post
What's the status on this guy? Is he still in Class A? On the Sox? I thought the main "prize" in the Brandon McCarthy deal was not Danks, but this guy Rasner.

LOL no. rasner was a throw in, a wildcard if you will. Danks and Masset were definitely the main focuses.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:26 PM
The Grand Wazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisoxmike View Post

They won't release minor league rosters until after spring training, he was drafted in 05 or 06, and has not been traded or released, so he is still the property of the White Sox. Jacob has the highest ceiling of the three the Sox got from the McCarthy trade, but only time will tell.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daver View Post
They won't release minor league rosters until after spring training, he was drafted in 05 or 06, and has not been traded or released, so he is still the property of the White Sox. Jacob has the highest ceiling of the three the Sox got from the McCarthy trade, but only time will tell.
Alright, thanks.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:42 PM
The Grand Wazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperdeckusc View Post
LOL no. rasner was a throw in, a wildcard if you will. Danks and Masset were definitely the main focuses.
He was a top ten prospect last year in the Rangers system, definitely not a throw in. Why reply when you don't know what you're talking about?
Old 11-15-2007, 06:47 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
He was a top ten prospect last year in the Rangers system, definitely not a throw in. Why reply when you don't know what you're talking about?
Baseball America had him rated the Rangers #30 prospect at the time of the trade.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
Baseball America had him rated the Rangers #30 prospect at the time of the trade.
Ah yes, but last year he was top 10 in the Rangers system.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:03 PM
WSI High Priest

He was def. a throw in.

Quote:
RHP Jacob Rasner was traded from the Rangers to the White Sox in a five-player deal.
Rasner, a 2005 seventh-round pick, went 6-16 with a 5.41 ERA, 154 H and 117/52 K/BB in 144 2/3 IP for low Single-A Clinton last season. He's a real long shot to ever reach the majors.
And he was in Kanny (A ball) last season and was brutal. 6.85 ERA, 1.79 WHIP, 185 H, in 139.2 IP.

Last edited by Sockinchisox; 11-15-2007 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:15 PM
The Grand Wazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockinchisox View Post
He was def. a throw in.

And he was is in Kanny (A ball) last season and was brutal. 6.85 ERA, 1.79 WHIP, 185 H, in 139.2 IP.
He was drafted out of high school.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:29 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockinchisox View Post
He was def. a throw in.

And he was in Kanny (A ball) last season and was brutal. 6.85 ERA, 1.79 WHIP, 185 H, in 139.2 IP.
In rookie ball in 2005 he was 1-5 with an 8.37 ERA and a WHIP of 1.99. So he has improved. He still is only 20, but he's a project at best. I don't think Texas would have held up a trade they liked by refusing to give him up.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
so daver, do myself, sockinchisox, and dickallen ALL not know what we're talking about?? *****. he was a throw in. he wasn't the guy the deal was based around. i dont care if he was drafted out of high school. KW wanted danks and masset. he figured he'd take a shot with rasner as well ala john lujan, and TEX said sure, have him, just throw in another player on your side, and we did, that young OF.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
to add proof that i "know what i'm talking about" daver, here's a link to their top 10 before the 2006 season:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...s/rangers.html

rasner is mentioned way at the bottom, under promising high schoolers (oOoOoOo!).

and to their top 10 the winter before the 2007 season:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...es/262987.html

rasner's name isn't mentioned anywhere on there.

so, daver, do i know what i'm talking about now?
Old 11-15-2007, 07:52 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperdeckusc View Post
so daver, do myself, sockinchisox, and dickallen ALL not know what we're talking about?? *****. he was a throw in. he wasn't the guy the deal was based around. i dont care if he was drafted out of high school. KW wanted danks and masset. he figured he'd take a shot with rasner as well ala john lujan, and TEX said sure, have him, just throw in another player on your side, and we did, that young OF.
This should be good. Three against one. But the one is Daver. The questions are, what are the three packing, and how quickly can Daver re-load the elephant gun?

The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
This should be good. Three against one. But the one is Daver. The questions are, what are the three packing, and how quickly can Daver re-load the elephant gun?

LOL the proof is right above. he loves to ACT like he knows everything about everything, but on this, he's wrong. instead of saying "i believe he was in the top 10 last year, but i'm not sure," he comes out with "why reply if you don't know what you're talking about?"

comical, i tell ya.....
Old 11-15-2007, 08:00 PM
WSI High Priest

I don't want to start an argument, mike asked where he/how he was doing was so I gave him an answer.