White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-11-2007, 12:48 AM
rdivaldi rdivaldi is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Chicago - South Loop
Posts: 2,877
Default De los Santos promoted to Adv A

That snuck past me, looks like he made his first start tonight.

5 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6 K and the all important W.
__________________
<a href=http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3256 target=_blank>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...achmentid=3256</a>

March 16, 2005 - Another happy Sox fan joins the party!
July 6, 2012 - 7 years later he's still part of it...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-11-2007, 01:06 AM
Sockinchisox Sockinchisox is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Darien, IL
Posts: 6,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdivaldi View Post
That snuck past me, looks like he made his first start tonight.

5 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6 K and the all important W.
Yay Fautino!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-11-2007, 01:41 AM
jabrch jabrch is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Highland Park, IL
Posts: 15,202
Default

He certainly deserved it.
__________________
Ha Ha Ha!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-11-2007, 01:59 AM
35th and Shields 35th and Shields is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago, Il
Posts: 548
Post

its good to see hes making progress
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-11-2007, 09:12 AM
KyWhiSoxFan KyWhiSoxFan is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,998
Default

Nice to see him move up a rung and still be as effective.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-11-2007, 09:21 AM
hose's Avatar
hose hose is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 4,832
Default

De los Santos-----Of the Saints

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-11-2007, 09:50 AM
jabrch jabrch is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Highland Park, IL
Posts: 15,202
Default

Rdiv - 09 September callup? Or do you think we see him sooner?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Mr. White Sox Mr. White Sox is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 3,273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrch View Post
Rdiv - 09 September callup? Or do you think we see him sooner?
I'm clearly not rdiv, but I think an 09 September callup would be the upper-bound expectations on DLS. I'd like to see him get a full year in AA first.

RE: UDUSC:
Of course, but this is all hoping that DLS puts up a solid enough year in AA to warrant a AAA promotion the next year, and a solid enough year there to warrant a callup. It would require a meteoric rise in skill level, but DLS certainly has a shot.

Last edited by Mr. White Sox; 08-11-2007 at 02:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-11-2007, 02:25 PM
upperdeckusc upperdeckusc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: northside chicago
Posts: 384
Default

......which will hopefully come next yr in '08. than AAA in '09 just in time for a comeup. him egbert gio and danks is a very refreshing future of arms that will hopefully be donning a sox uni
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-11-2007, 04:11 PM
A. Cavatica A. Cavatica is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,795
Default

Is he Fautino or Faustino?

The Kanny website had him as Fautino, and the press had him as Fautino for the Futures Game, but IIRC he was Faustino in most of the things I read before that. And I've heard of the name Faustino before, but Fautino...?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-11-2007, 05:16 PM
upperdeckusc upperdeckusc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: northside chicago
Posts: 384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White Sox View Post
I'm clearly not rdiv, but I think an 09 September callup would be the upper-bound expectations on DLS. I'd like to see him get a full year in AA first.

RE: UDUSC:
Of course, but this is all hoping that DLS puts up a solid enough year in AA to warrant a AAA promotion the next year, and a solid enough year there to warrant a callup. It would require a meteoric rise in skill level, but DLS certainly has a shot.
right. i guess i should have said that that would be our "best case scenario" if he keeps pitching like he is.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-12-2007, 12:40 AM
California Sox California Sox is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Cavatica View Post
Is he Fautino or Faustino?

The Kanny website had him as Fautino, and the press had him as Fautino for the Futures Game, but IIRC he was Faustino in most of the things I read before that. And I've heard of the name Faustino before, but Fautino...?
His name is Fautino. The Sally league office had it wrong at the start of the season and all his stats were attributed to "Faustino", who I believe played Bud on "Married With Children."
__________________
Witness to the agony ('76 Sox season tix) and the ecstasy (2005 World Champions!)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-12-2007, 04:26 PM
rdivaldi rdivaldi is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Chicago - South Loop
Posts: 2,877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrch View Post
Rdiv - 09 September callup? Or do you think we see him sooner?
Absolutely within the realm of possiblity if he pitches well at AA next year, which is where he is going to start. The thing is, the rotation should be pretty full next year, so I'd think he'll get his first big league taste as a reliever ala Buehrle.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-12-2007, 04:53 PM
santo=dorf santo=dorf is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 6,465
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Sox View Post
His name is Fautino. The Sally league office had it wrong at the start of the season and all his stats were attributed to "Faustino", who I believe played Bud on "Married With Children."
I figured people were so used to spelling Nancy's last name, they kept with DLS (go marching in.)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-12-2007, 07:50 PM
UserNameBlank UserNameBlank is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdivaldi View Post
Absolutely within the realm of possiblity if he pitches well at AA next year, which is where he is going to start. The thing is, the rotation should be pretty full next year, so I'd think he'll get his first big league taste as a reliever ala Buehrle.
I wish we could see how his change is coming along. I believe he has a fastball and a slurve that he mainly uses, but if he could get that change he could really be something.

I think you're right about starting in Double A next year. Normally he would start at W-S, but I just see him coming into ST- because you know he's going to get an invite to Major League camp after this year - and making a name for himself like Adam Russell did this year and McCarthy did in 2005.

You also could be right about breaking in as a reliever but I certainly hope that doesn't happen, not with his ceiling. He needs to pitch regularly and develop his secondary pitches before breaking into the pen. Besides, right we have Jenks, Thornton, MacDougal, and Logan all as pretty much locks to make the pen next year. Additionally, as of right now we have Floyd who has to be on the ML team next year, Wassermann, Bukvich, Aardsma, Sisco (does he have any options left?), Day, Perez, Vasquez, Phillips, Haeger, Russell, Gio, Broadway etc. among others and not even including any new additions who could be fighting for only 3 pen spots depending on if a starter is dealt.

I just hope we don't see him until 2009 at the earliest, and when we do see him, he's a starter with confidence in 3 pitches.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.