White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2007, 09:13 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default Mike North suggests White Sox trade Jenks and Dye to the Cubs.

For Ryan Theriot and Sean Marshall. ***? Jenks and Dye would get more then two players. I'd take Theriot for Dye but no way does that involve Jenks for Marshall. He is on sports page tonight.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:17 PM
WSI Regular

Stop paying attention to a man, who's previous qualifications for a job was open steamer, put dogs in steamer, cook until dogs sweat, apply condiments, take money from customer, push cart and ring bell.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:19 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by southsideirish71 View Post
Stop paying attention to a man, who's previous qualifications for a job was open steamer, put dogs in steamer, cook until dogs sweat, apply condiments, take money from customer, push cart and ring bell.
Kind of hard not to pay attention to him when he shows up for a show I normally watch.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:19 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Time View Post
For Ryan Theriot and Sean Marshall. ***? Jenks and Dye would get more then two players. I'd take Theriot for Dye but no way does that involve Jenks for Marshall. He is on sports page tonight.
**** Theriot and his career month. I want a real SS. He'll be 28 next year, so it's not like he's some young-gun, tons of potential player. He had a good start to the season, big deal.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:21 PM
WSI Prelate

Is North going on "World Tours" again? That is the only way I can fathom him coming up with something like that.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:23 PM
WSI Guru

"All the Sox needed to do was win ONE GAME the final week to take the pennant in 67" -- Mike North on Chicago Tribune Live!

I wouldn't be concerned about anything Mike North says regarding anything. Using the word imbecile to describe him denigrates imbecile's everywhere.

Lip
Old 07-29-2007, 09:29 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeo View Post
**** Theriot and his career month. I want a real SS. He'll be 28 next year, so it's not like he's some young-gun, tons of potential player. He had a good start to the season, big deal.
He's a good player. The guy is a "grinder" and from what I have seen of him, isn't scared to get a big hit. I would give Dye up for him in a second.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:32 PM
WSI 2013 NFL Pick'em Contest Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by southsideirish71 View Post
Do that job and tell me how easy it really is. I did for 6 years it is a little more difficult than that. Deal with the low-lifes and scum of the earth 8 hours a day. Sure running a hotdog stand may not qualify you to have a radio show however it doesn't qualify as picking roses either Junior.

Joe Flacco Super Bowl 47 Champion and MVP
Joe Flacco First Rookie QB to win 2 games in his first playoff.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:34 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by getonbckthr View Post
Deal with the low-lifes and scum of the earth 8 hours a day.
So, people who go to hot dog stands are the scum of the earth.?
Old 07-29-2007, 09:40 PM
Chief Skeptic and 2015 Preseason Predictions Contest Winner

Theriot is 27, having his career year, and guess what? It's a lot worse than Uribe's career year. No thanks.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Time View Post
So, people who go to hot dog stands are the scum of the earth.?
If you see some of the customers that go into fast food joints you would know what i'm talking about. Constantly having people trying to pull fast ones on you, trying to rip you off. Yes they, in my eyes, are considered scum of the earth.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:43 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Do that job and tell me how easy it really is. .... Deal with the low-lifes and scum of the earth 8 hours a day.
Did you run a hotdog stand in prison?
Old 07-29-2007, 09:46 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
If you see some of the customers that go into fast food joints you would know what i'm talking about. Constantly having people trying to pull fast ones on you, trying to rip you off. Yes they, in my eyes, are considered scum of the earth.
If only Grimace and Mayor McCheese were equipped with taser guns and handcuffs, the world would be a better place.

Old 07-29-2007, 10:05 PM
WSI Prelate

If Mike North had to work for a living, I imagine his incompetence would inspire his employer to petition for a waiver on minimum wage requirements. As foul and crude as he is, I doubt he could be hired for a real job, though. Posts at WSI present a strong argument that Mr. North knows nothing about baseball.

Rather than explain why this is a stupid assertion, I would just suggest that if a New-at-WSI poster had posted such a trade suggestion, he could well be banned as a suspected troll.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDog View Post
If Mike North had to work for a living, I imagine his incompetence would inspire his employer to petition for a waiver on minimum wage requirements. As foul and crude as he is, I doubt he could be hired for a real job, though. Posts at WSI present a strong argument that Mr. North knows nothing about baseball.

Rather than explain why this is a stupid assertion, I would just suggest that if a New-at-WSI poster had posted such a trade suggestion, he could well be banned as a suspected troll.
Thats fine the guy is an idiot but the whole "he's a former hotdog stand owner so he's an idiot and useless human being" bull **** is rediculous, uncalled for and disrespectful to the people who bust their asses in that particular line of work.