White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-29-2007, 09:13 PM
It's Time It's Time is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,493
Default Mike North suggests White Sox trade Jenks and Dye to the Cubs.

For Ryan Theriot and Sean Marshall. ***? Jenks and Dye would get more then two players. I'd take Theriot for Dye but no way does that involve Jenks for Marshall. He is on sports page tonight.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-29-2007, 09:17 PM
southsideirish71 southsideirish71 is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 491
Default

Stop paying attention to a man, who's previous qualifications for a job was open steamer, put dogs in steamer, cook until dogs sweat, apply condiments, take money from customer, push cart and ring bell.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-29-2007, 09:19 PM
It's Time It's Time is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by southsideirish71 View Post
Stop paying attention to a man, who's previous qualifications for a job was open steamer, put dogs in steamer, cook until dogs sweat, apply condiments, take money from customer, push cart and ring bell.
Kind of hard not to pay attention to him when he shows up for a show I normally watch.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-29-2007, 09:19 PM
oeo oeo is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 16,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Time View Post
For Ryan Theriot and Sean Marshall. ***? Jenks and Dye would get more then two players. I'd take Theriot for Dye but no way does that involve Jenks for Marshall. He is on sports page tonight.
**** Theriot and his career month. I want a real SS. He'll be 28 next year, so it's not like he's some young-gun, tons of potential player. He had a good start to the season, big deal.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-29-2007, 09:21 PM
Viva Medias B's Viva Medias B's is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Palos Park, IL
Posts: 12,913
Default

Is North going on "World Tours" again? That is the only way I can fathom him coming up with something like that.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-29-2007, 09:23 PM
Lip Man 1 Lip Man 1 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chubbuck, Idaho
Posts: 32,949
Default

"All the Sox needed to do was win ONE GAME the final week to take the pennant in 67" -- Mike North on Chicago Tribune Live!



I wouldn't be concerned about anything Mike North says regarding anything. Using the word imbecile to describe him denigrates imbecile's everywhere.

Lip
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-29-2007, 09:29 PM
It's Time It's Time is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeo View Post
**** Theriot and his career month. I want a real SS. He'll be 28 next year, so it's not like he's some young-gun, tons of potential player. He had a good start to the season, big deal.
He's a good player. The guy is a "grinder" and from what I have seen of him, isn't scared to get a big hit. I would give Dye up for him in a second.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-29-2007, 09:32 PM
getonbckthr getonbckthr is offline
WSI 2013 NFL Pick'em Contest Winner
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: I can smell TBK from my front porch
Posts: 13,773
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by southsideirish71 View Post
Stop paying attention to a man, who's previous qualifications for a job was open steamer, put dogs in steamer, cook until dogs sweat, apply condiments, take money from customer, push cart and ring bell.
Do that job and tell me how easy it really is. I did for 6 years it is a little more difficult than that. Deal with the low-lifes and scum of the earth 8 hours a day. Sure running a hotdog stand may not qualify you to have a radio show however it doesn't qualify as picking roses either Junior.
__________________

Joe Flacco Super Bowl 47 Champion and MVP
Joe Flacco First Rookie QB to win 2 games in his first playoff.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-29-2007, 09:34 PM
It's Time It's Time is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by getonbckthr View Post
Deal with the low-lifes and scum of the earth 8 hours a day.
So, people who go to hot dog stands are the scum of the earth.?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-29-2007, 09:40 PM
A. Cavatica A. Cavatica is offline
Chief Skeptic and 2015 Preseason Predictions Contest Winner
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 6,495
Default

Theriot is 27, having his career year, and guess what? It's a lot worse than Uribe's career year. No thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-29-2007, 09:42 PM
getonbckthr getonbckthr is offline
WSI 2013 NFL Pick'em Contest Winner
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: I can smell TBK from my front porch
Posts: 13,773
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Time View Post
So, people who go to hot dog stands are the scum of the earth.?
If you see some of the customers that go into fast food joints you would know what i'm talking about. Constantly having people trying to pull fast ones on you, trying to rip you off. Yes they, in my eyes, are considered scum of the earth.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-29-2007, 09:43 PM
Brian26's Avatar
Brian26 Brian26 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Chicago
Posts: 31,614
Blog Entries: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by getonbckthr View Post
Do that job and tell me how easy it really is. .... Deal with the low-lifes and scum of the earth 8 hours a day.
Did you run a hotdog stand in prison?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Brian26's Avatar
Brian26 Brian26 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Chicago
Posts: 31,614
Blog Entries: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by getonbckthr View Post
If you see some of the customers that go into fast food joints you would know what i'm talking about. Constantly having people trying to pull fast ones on you, trying to rip you off. Yes they, in my eyes, are considered scum of the earth.
If only Grimace and Mayor McCheese were equipped with taser guns and handcuffs, the world would be a better place.

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-29-2007, 10:05 PM
TDog TDog is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Modesto, California
Posts: 17,832
Default

If Mike North had to work for a living, I imagine his incompetence would inspire his employer to petition for a waiver on minimum wage requirements. As foul and crude as he is, I doubt he could be hired for a real job, though. Posts at WSI present a strong argument that Mr. North knows nothing about baseball.

Rather than explain why this is a stupid assertion, I would just suggest that if a New-at-WSI poster had posted such a trade suggestion, he could well be banned as a suspected troll.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-29-2007, 10:08 PM
getonbckthr getonbckthr is offline
WSI 2013 NFL Pick'em Contest Winner
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: I can smell TBK from my front porch
Posts: 13,773
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDog View Post
If Mike North had to work for a living, I imagine his incompetence would inspire his employer to petition for a waiver on minimum wage requirements. As foul and crude as he is, I doubt he could be hired for a real job, though. Posts at WSI present a strong argument that Mr. North knows nothing about baseball.

Rather than explain why this is a stupid assertion, I would just suggest that if a New-at-WSI poster had posted such a trade suggestion, he could well be banned as a suspected troll.
Thats fine the guy is an idiot but the whole "he's a former hotdog stand owner so he's an idiot and useless human being" bull **** is rediculous, uncalled for and disrespectful to the people who bust their asses in that particular line of work.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.