White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-14-2007, 02:48 PM
He gone He gone is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NW Ind
Posts: 480
Default BA out for the season????

I just got back from Columbus and I have not seen this posted anywhere. I went to both games and NO BA

I talked to Heath Phillips before last nights game and he told me Brian tore tendons in his wrist and he was done for the season I asked him if he was kidding and he said no, Brian did it before the All-Star Break. I even asked Danny Richar and he said the same.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-14-2007, 02:55 PM
KRS1 KRS1 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 16,886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by He gone View Post
I just got back from Columbus and I have not seen this posted anywhere. I went to both games and NO BA

I talked to Heath Phillips before last nights game and he told me Brian tore tendons in his wrist and he was done for the season I asked him if he was kidding and he said no, Brian did it before the All-Star Break. I even asked Danny Richar and he said the same.
Son of a. It figures that this would happen to Brian just as he was starting to be back to full speed with his shoulder, and right as he was starting to go on a tear. I wonder if it has any relation to the shaving down of the bone, and the plate in his wrist a few years back. Likely not.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-14-2007, 03:16 PM
CLR01's Avatar
CLR01 CLR01 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Schaumburg
Posts: 16,637
Default

Can we sue the nuns and little kids for not having softer heads?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-14-2007, 03:18 PM
lostfan lostfan is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 480
Default

So, is Brian Anderson going to become Crash Davis?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-14-2007, 03:50 PM
California Sox California Sox is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,441
Post

Wow. That is a huge injury for a hitter. Poor guy is absolutely snake bit. Get well soon BA.
__________________
Witness to the agony ('76 Sox season tix) and the ecstasy (2005 World Champions!)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-14-2007, 07:47 PM
JB98's Avatar
JB98 JB98 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Posts: 27,465
Default

BA's wrist will be in a cast for the next three weeks. No word on whether he will return to the Knights' lineup this season.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-15-2007, 10:20 AM
Hitmen77 Hitmen77 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR01 View Post
Can we sue the nuns and little kids for not having softer heads?
I think it was all the purse snatchings that hurt him. You know, some of those little old ladies put up more of a fight to keep their purse than you'd think.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-15-2007, 01:36 PM
Frontman Frontman is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Orland Park, IL
Posts: 6,667
Default

Wow. And here I just thought it was KW and Ozzie hating the kid. He even has fate out to get him.

Here's to a speedy recovery and a full one at that. Wrist and arm injuries for a hitter are absolutely brutal.
__________________
The Frontman Family, including a growing Future Manager of the Chicago White Sox, circa 2045.

Breast Cancer Awareness doesn't end on Oct. 31st. Folks, get educated on it and get involved. Ladies, please get tested. For more info, visit www.komen.org.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-15-2007, 02:45 PM
UserNameBlank UserNameBlank is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR01 View Post
Can we sue the nuns and little kids for not having softer heads?
That's outrageous! Everyone knows that Brian doesn't use his wrist when he attacks innocent children and nuns. Brian uses a closed fist at all times.

It is my assumption that Brian hurt his wrist stealing tires off parked cars.

Anyway, get well soon ***hole.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-15-2007, 08:56 PM
ND_Sox_Fan ND_Sox_Fan is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Manhattan, NY
Posts: 1,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontman View Post
Here's to a speedy recovery and a full one at that. Wrist and arm injuries for a hitter are absolutely brutal.
I didn't know BA was a hitter.

All the best Brian - hope to see you back on the field soon.
__________________
Nate
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-15-2007, 09:32 PM
Frontman Frontman is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Orland Park, IL
Posts: 6,667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNameBlank View Post
That's outrageous! Everyone knows that Brian doesn't use his wrist when he attacks innocent children and nuns. Brian uses a closed fist at all times.

It is my assumption that Brian hurt his wrist stealing tires off parked cars.

Anyway, get well soon ***hole.
I thought closed fist strikes were illegal, but forearm shots were fine.

"That's from my favorite hobby, idiot."


Err, sorry AJ.

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-16-2007, 09:56 AM
Randar68 Randar68 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS1 View Post
I wonder if it has any relation to the shaving down of the bone, and the plate in his wrist a few years back. Likely not.
It's the other wrist, not the one he had issues with in the past.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-16-2007, 09:59 AM
FedEx227 FedEx227 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Downers Grove, IL
Posts: 6,998
Default

Ask Rickie Weeks how wrist problems can damper a career.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-25-2007, 08:18 AM
Jaffar Jaffar is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sycamore
Posts: 1,129
Default

What was the final diagnosis of Andersons injury, is he out for the season?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-28-2007, 09:22 AM
upperdeckusc upperdeckusc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: northside chicago
Posts: 384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffar View Post
What was the final diagnosis of Andersons injury, is he out for the season?
yea, did i miss something? did anyone officially say he IS out for the season, or what?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.