White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2007, 10:05 PM
WSI Prelate

Default Marist Clinches ESCC Baseball Championship

By virtue of its 2-1 win over Marian Catholic this afternoon, the Marist RedHawks (27-5, 16-2 ESCC) have clinched the baseball championship of the East Suburban Catholic Conference. The RedHawks had not been favored to win the ESCC in baseball, IIRC, but Coach Joel Jonas' bunch toppled Benet and the rest of the conference to claim the championship.

Before IHSA play next week, Marist finishes off the regular season this coming Sunday night at 7:00 p.m. by hosting archrival Brother Rice at Hawkinson Ford Field in Crestwood.

M-A-R-I-S-T GO REDHAWKS!

Last edited by Viva Medias B's; 05-16-2007 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:28 PM
WSI 2013 NFL Pick'em Contest Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva Medias B's View Post
By virtue of its 2-1 win over Marian Catholic this afternoon, the Marist RedHawks (27-5, 16-2 ESCC) have clinched the baseball championship of the East Suburban Catholic Conference. The RedHawks had not been favored to win the ESCC in baseball, IIRC, but Coach Joel Jonas' bunch toppled Benet and the rest of the conference to claim the championship.

Before IHSA play next week, Marist finishes off the regular season this coming Sunday night at 7:00 p.m. by hosting archrival Brother Rice at Hawkinson Ford Field in Crestwood.

M-A-R-I-S-T GO REDHAWKS!
Out of curiosity how are my Dons of Notre Dame doing?

Joe Flacco Super Bowl 47 Champion and MVP
Joe Flacco First Rookie QB to win 2 games in his first playoff.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:54 PM
WSI Personality

Marist has a SOLID team. I have seen many Southland High School teams play (including my St. Rita Mustangs vs. LWE today) and Marist is definitely one of the better teams this year.
If Marist can win their sectional (which is brutal with Br. Rice, TF South, Oak Forest, Richards, Sandburg and Stagg amongst the top teams) look for them to make some noise.

I'll never be a lawyer because I can't pass the bar.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:33 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by getonbckthr View Post
As of 5/13, the Dons are 15-14 overall and 8-9 in the ESCC.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:15 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva Medias B's View Post

M-A-R-I-S-T GO REDHAWKS!
Congrats to the RedHawks. They are a fantastic team that really excels with the "little things."

Marist won yesterday's game by virtue of a sixth inning suicide squeeze.

Im gonna check out Sunday night's game, and I'm looking VERY forward to the start of the Class AA state tourney next week.

As mentioned earlier, the sectional Marist is in is one of the best in the state.

I'd look for St. Rita and Mt. Carmel to also advance from their own sectionals to meet in the supersectional at Hawkinson.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvThatDuck View Post
Marist has a SOLID team. I have seen many Southland High School teams play (including my St. Rita Mustangs vs. LWE today) and Marist is definitely one of the better teams this year.
If Marist can win their sectional (which is brutal with Br. Rice, TF South, Oak Forest, Richards, Sandburg and Stagg amongst the top teams) look for them to make some noise.
Why? Are they going to bring noisemakers to the games?
Old 05-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by getonbckthr View Post
did you graduate from ND?? what year? i graduated in '02 and played baseball there all 4 yrs. of course, when i graduate, the next yr in '03 they win state. happy, yet mad