Soxogram: 
And away we go...

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2007, 09:17 PM
WSI Prelate

Default Worst case scenario.

If Thome has to go to the DL who gets called up?

Terrerro? Fields? Sweeney? Owens? Someone else?
Old 04-27-2007, 09:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JermaineDye05 View Post
If Thome has to go to the DL who gets called up?

Terrerro? Fields? Sweeney? Owens? Someone else?
Cal Everett as usual. Or maybe Anderson can be called up?
Old 04-27-2007, 10:09 PM
WSI Church Elder

I'd probably rather it be Everett than Sweeney, Terrero, or Owens.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:10 PM
WSI Regular

I couldn't watch or listen to the game. What happened to Thome? I saw he was pulled in the first, but nothing beyond that.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR01 View Post
Cal Everett as usual.

I said all along you guys needed me and never should have released me last year.

Hey dumbass, I returned to the lineup and we scored seven runs; two of which came after I went yard. Also, who won MVP of the World Series, last time I checked?

You don't say nothin'. Your vocal leadership skills are just as visible as the proof of the dinosaurs' existence in ancient times.

That's because I let my play do the talking for me, ignoramus. Also, if the team wins the division, I'll probably be named MVP for the AL of 2007, which is the ultimate leadership award.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:39 PM
WSI Church Elder

That's really funny.

Seriously, I wonder if a guy like Raul Ibanez is available. Aaron Rowand would look good in a White Sox uniform about now.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:42 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickAllen72 View Post
That's really funny.

Seriously, I wonder if a guy like Raul Ibanez is available. Aaron Rowand would look good in a White Sox uniform about now.
right about now? Aaron has always looked good in the black and white pinstripes.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:43 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JermaineDye05 View Post
right about now? Aaron has always looked good in the black and white pinstripes.
Agreed.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:49 PM
WSI High Priest

Are there any threads on here not involving Aaron Rowand and/or Brian Anderson?
Old 04-27-2007, 10:55 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by delben91 View Post
No.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:58 PM
Winner WSI 2015 NFL Pick'em contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by delben91 View Post
i wish.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:59 PM
WSI Prelate

What about Rogowski?
Old 04-27-2007, 11:00 PM
WSI Church Elder

The Sox are going to be without Pods until late May or beyond, and when he comes back the Sox can't exactly count on him being 100% since he's spent a lot of time on the DL since he got here. Thome wore down a bit last year and has already been kept out a couple games to a nagging injury that resurfaced again tonight. Plus how long can Erstad keep hitting everything hard? Add that in with Crede's late season recurring back troubles, and it seems pretty clear that KW needs to get a bat.

Preferrably I'd like to see an OF with some power who can DH at times to give Thome a rest.

My guesses on short term solutions that will probably be available for pretty cheap:

Geoff Jenkins
Kevin Mench, Emil Brown, Reggie Sanders, Jacque Jones, Luis Gonzalez,
Raul Ibanez, and Pat Burrell. I would imagine KW could get either Burrell or Jenkins for next to nothing just by taking on the contract, but I don't know if KW would play that game.

More expensive solutions could be one of the guys from TB, Scott Hairston, or Reed Johnson if the Jays are willing to deal him over Rios for pitching. Griffey is always rumored, but this year the Reds have Hamilton who may be the Rule-5 pick of the century. Adam Dunn is IIRC a free agent after this year, so I think the Reds will look to move one of Griffey/Dunn if they fall out of the race in what is by far the crappiest division in baseball.

More interesting than any of the above for the Sox needs IMO is Corey Patterson who will be a FA after this year. Sure, the O's are off to a good start, but they will come back to earth like every other year. Corey could play CF or LF and steal bases, which has to make Ozzie's mouth water. Plus he actually has power.

Anyway, the Sox have a lot of pitching in the minors right now and IMO they need to sell some of these guys high to fill a need. Would there be any pitcher in the Sox minors who is untouchable besides Gio?
Old 04-27-2007, 11:09 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNameBlank View Post

Anyway, the Sox have a lot of pitching in the minors right now and IMO they need to sell some of these guys high to fill a need. Would there be any pitcher in the Sox minors who is untouchable besides Gio?
Probably not, and I'm not sure Gio is that untouchable either. But using top talent for stop-gap measures always makes me cringe. Let's do a real deal for a player who will last - our young pitcher(s) for their young outfielder.
I don't know how much Milwaukee will be interested in dumping Mench/Jenkins, now that they are leading the division.
As for Jock Jones - he's not a good hitter.

But we could use another hitter.

I think our best trade bait - and it would be risky for us - would be one of the bullpen guys. Teams will overpay for one of them.

Can Rogowski play outfield? We just took him off the 40 man, I think, so would we call him up?
Old 04-27-2007, 11:19 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
Probably not, and I'm not sure Gio is that untouchable either. But using top talent for stop-gap measures always makes me cringe. Let's do a real deal for a player who will last - our young pitcher(s) for their young outfielder.
I don't know how much Milwaukee will be interested in dumping Mench/Jenkins, now that they are leading the division.
As for Jock Jones - he's not a good hitter.

But we could use another hitter.

I think our best trade bait - and it would be risky for us - would be one of the bullpen guys. Teams will overpay for one of them.

Can Rogowski play outfield? We just took him off the 40 man, I think, so would we call him up?
Dewon Day could make one of the pen guys available, but I'd rather see the Sox leave him in Double A, let him rack up some more K's, then deal him at his highest value (which should be pretty freaking high at the rate he's going).

Jock isn't exactly a great hitter, but he is clutch and he does hit bombs. I'd play him over an injured Pods, Erstad, or any of our bench players in LF. Edit: especially against righties. A platoon with Ozuna could actually be pretty darn productive.

The BrewCrew I think would definitely move one of those guys since they were trying to since the offseason. The difference with them leading the division though is that now they will want someone to help them now, like a pen guy probably. Maybe they would want Mack since they have Graffy and Counsell playing 3B? I don't think either of those guys would cost much though, especially Jenkins who is off to a good start.