White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2007, 01:13 PM
Banned

Default C.C Sabathia injured

CC was hit by a line drive on the hand.. I'm not to sure how bad it is

hopefully the Sox wont have to face him on opening day
Old 03-28-2007, 01:13 PM
WSI Prelate

Default Sabathia hit by a line drive.

This does suck for him and the Indians, hopefully it's not too serious. Although I wouldn't mind not seeing C.C. on opening day.

Link
Old 03-28-2007, 01:15 PM
Banned

That man has been riddled by injuries the past two seasons, last year it was the pulled "muscle" in the abdominal region and this year it's this. Tough break for him right now.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:18 PM
WSI Church Elder

Keith Foulke retires before even throwing a pitch, Cliff Lee goes down, now CC. Combine that with probably Ramon Ortiz and Sidney Ponson making up 2/5 of Minnesota's rotation, the Sox should be able to get out to a running start. Hopefully they do, because Detroit probably will.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:19 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianWhiteSox View Post
That man has been riddled by injuries the past two seasons, last year it was the pulled "muscle" in the abdominal region and this year it's this. Tough break for him right now.
Yeah, he also didn't get too much support from the bullpen last year. If he can stay healthy for a season and have a good enough bullpen backing him up he could win 17-20 games easily. Santana's the only pitcher I hate facing more than Sabathia.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNameBlank View Post
Keith Foulke retires before even throwing a pitch, Cliff Lee goes down, now CC. Combine that with probably Ramon Ortiz and Sidney Ponson making up 2/5 of Minnesota's rotation, the Sox should be able to get out to a running start. Hopefully they do, because Detroit probably will.
If the Sox can't get off to a running start and put the Indians and Tigers away in the early part of this season, then there will definitely be some issues in the off-season of winter 2007.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JermaineDye05 View Post
This does suck for him and the Indians, hopefully it's not too serious. Although I wouldn't mind not seeing C.C. on opening day.

Link
Nice WSI robot voice there.

Keep up the good work people.

I, on the other hand, while don't wish injury on players even if they are rivals, can't say I would be upset if he were to miss a few weeks or a month. But, I'd rather down a team when they're fully loaded and healthy.

I'm sure no Indians fans were hoping for the best over Toby going down for the rest of the season...

Last edited by chisoxmike; 03-28-2007 at 02:10 PM.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:33 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisoxmike View Post
Nice WSI robot voice there.

Keep up the good work people.

I, on the other hand, while don't wish injury on players even if they are rivals, can't say I would be upset if he were to miss a few weeks or a month. But, I'd rather down a team when they're fully loaded and healthy.

I'm sure no Indians fans were hoping for the best over Toby going down for the rest of the season...
Here, here! Injuries are part of the game. Not really my concern if CC Sabathia or Fransisco Liriano get hurt. Part of being a winning team is having depth and playing over injuries.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:36 PM
Banned

The Twins show that hot starts are overrated. We were hot early last year too. If i had to pick I would rather not fizzle out towards the end as we seem to regularly do
Old 03-28-2007, 02:40 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNameBlank View Post
I don't think either Ponson or Ortiz are going to be in the Twins rotation.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MincHiaPettito View Post
The Twins show that hot starts are overrated. We were hot early last year too. If i had to pick I would rather not fizzle out towards the end as we seem to regularly do
That is a good point. But at the same time, when everything falls apart during the all-star break and you still have a chance at the post-season towards the end that really says something. The fact is, the White Sox screwed up more than the Tigers and Twins actually won that race. If the Sox limit the mistakes on the field and in the dugout, then there is no reason not to believe that a good start can be defended.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:46 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
That one kinda goes both ways because the Twins were about as hot as it gets going into the playoffs and then went 'splat' in 3 games. While the Tigers went in as cold as it got and made the world series, consequently going 'splat' in the world series. If I had to pick a period, it would be July and August.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:46 PM
Banned

I never like to see a player injured, even if he plays for the Yankee$ or Tokyo Giants. That being said, injuries are part of the game and having the best trainer in baseball, and the Sox do in Herm Schneider, certainly pays dividends. That actually is not just my opinion, but that of my sister who is a rehabilitation physician department head at a U. of Chicago network hospital.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:47 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Why? The thing about getting off to a slow start like the Twins, is you have to play unbelievable baseball the rest of the way. Often times, that's not even enough because you've dug yourself too big of a hole. Or, like the Twins last year, you cool off at the wrong time; they were playing so good for so long, by the end of the year/playoffs, they couldn't do it anymore. Another example is the Indians of 2005. If anything, 'fizzling out' towards to the end has shown to be the better of the two. The Sox 'fizzled out' in 2005, and went on to a World Championship, the Tigers did the same in 2006 and won a pennant, and the Cardinals were fizzling for months and won a championship.

Get off to a fast start and put the pressure on the rest of your division foes.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:50 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
2005 for the Sox blows that theory.