White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-22-2007, 08:51 PM
California Sox California Sox is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,441
Post BA makes some adjustments

Interesting article on Sox website tonight about Anderson.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news...=.jsp&c_id=cws

Apparently Walker knew of BA's swing flaws in the spring but was hoping athleticism would overcome them. Also, Andersson has made some adjustments under the tutelage of Walker and Paulie. Konerko has certainly been helpful to Crede, so who knows?

I'm dubious but holding out hope. Still, does it make anyone else wonder why you'd trade Rowand and CYoung if you knew the replacement's swing was loaded with holes?
__________________
Witness to the agony ('76 Sox season tix) and the ecstasy (2005 World Champions!)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-22-2007, 08:58 PM
AJ Hellraiser AJ Hellraiser is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 379
Default

When will some of you people finally get it? You trade Rowand because you get Thome in return... Rowand was not a good hitter, he was a fine defensive player but Anderson is better....

I'm sure KW figure Young and Anderson were basically a push at the time, so he was willing to part with whichever Arizona wanted for Vazquez...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-22-2007, 08:58 PM
oeo oeo is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 16,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Sox View Post
Interesting article on Sox website tonight about Anderson.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news...=.jsp&c_id=cws

Apparently Walker knew of BA's swing flaws in the spring but was hoping athleticism would overcome them. Also, Andersson has made some adjustments under the tutelage of Walker and Paulie. Konerko has certainly been helpful to Crede, so who knows?

I'm dubious but holding out hope. Still, does it make anyone else wonder why you'd trade Rowand and CYoung if you knew the replacement's swing was loaded with holes?
When we got Jim Thome? No.

And what has Chris Young done at the big league level? Oh yeah, nada.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-22-2007, 09:11 PM
ondafarm ondafarm is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Wood Dale, IL
Posts: 6,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Sox View Post
Interesting article on Sox website tonight about Anderson.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news...=.jsp&c_id=cws

Apparently Walker knew of BA's swing flaws in the spring but was hoping athleticism would overcome them. Also, Andersson has made some adjustments under the tutelage of Walker and Paulie. Konerko has certainly been helpful to Crede, so who knows?

I'm dubious but holding out hope. Still, does it make anyone else wonder why you'd trade Rowand and CYoung if you knew the replacement's swing was loaded with holes?
I think BA did make a lot of improvement during last season and he shouldn't be getting the rookie calls this year.

ST is the time to work on swing flaws and Walker should be working hard with him this ST. I assume he'll hit ~270 this year, especially if he learns to bunt for a hit.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-22-2007, 09:26 PM
rdivaldi rdivaldi is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Chicago - Mayfair
Posts: 4,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Hellraiser View Post
When will some of you people finally get it? You trade Rowand because you get Thome in return... Rowand was not a good hitter, he was a fine defensive player but Anderson is better....

I'm sure KW figure Young and Anderson were basically a push at the time, so he was willing to part with whichever Arizona wanted for Vazquez...
Young and Anderson a "push"? In terms of what? Definitely not talent, everyone knew that at the time they were traded Young's upside was a lot higher than Anderson's. Yes maybe Chris will be a flop at the big league level, but I don't see BA ever becoming much more than a 4th outfielder. If Walker can correct the myriad of flaws in his swing and his approach at the plate, G-d bless him.
__________________
<a href=http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3256 target=_blank>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...achmentid=3256</a>

March 16, 2005 - Another happy Sox fan joins the party!
July 6, 2012 - 7 years later he's still part of it...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-22-2007, 09:35 PM
drewcifer drewcifer is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,859
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeo View Post
When we got Jim Thome? No.

And what has Chris Young done at the big league level? Oh yeah, nada.
Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-22-2007, 09:45 PM
WhiteSox5187 WhiteSox5187 is offline
Winner 2016 WSI Preseason Prediction Contest
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southside
Posts: 15,749
Default

Well...hopefully the adjustment works. Hope he hits about .270
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-22-2007, 09:46 PM
IndianWhiteSox IndianWhiteSox is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: INDIA
Posts: 1,470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Sox View Post
Interesting article on Sox website tonight about Anderson.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news...=.jsp&c_id=cws

Apparently Walker knew of BA's swing flaws in the spring but was hoping athleticism would overcome them. Also, Andersson has made some adjustments under the tutelage of Walker and Paulie. Konerko has certainly been helpful to Crede, so who knows?

I'm dubious but holding out hope. Still, does it make anyone else wonder why you'd trade Rowand and CYoung if you knew the replacement's swing was loaded with holes?

Walker knew of his swing flaw's but he didn't try to get them corrected?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-22-2007, 09:54 PM
CLR01's Avatar
CLR01 CLR01 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Schaumburg
Posts: 16,714
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianWhiteSox View Post
Walker knew of his swing flaw's but he didn't try to get them corrected?

Anderson needed to make better corrections before Ozzie would let Walker make the corrections.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-22-2007, 09:55 PM
drewcifer drewcifer is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,859
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianWhiteSox View Post
Walker knew of his swing flaw's but he didn't try to get them corrected?
Don't get upset... I'd take that with a grain of salt.

Watching him last year, he just got flat out "worked" most of the time; I wouldn't call it swing flaw, but then again, I'm not a hitting coach.

He'll get it, and I think the comment was directed more so at his ability to recover from surprises in pitch selection and being able to adjust to keep himself at the plate.

Did you catch him at all last year? He basically hit whenever it didn't matter or it was super early in the count or favored him, failed otherwise.... He'll come around.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-22-2007, 10:00 PM
EMachine10 EMachine10 is offline
Winner WSI 2015 NFL Pick'em contest
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,799
Default

rowand hijacks another thread....

and i still can't believe people write anderson off as an "at best 4th outfielder" after his rookie year.

give me a break.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-22-2007, 11:35 PM
schmitty9800 schmitty9800 is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Riverside IL
Posts: 279
Default

BA improved and hit .257 in the second half. And he's a rookie. He should be fine, and if he struggles we've got the depth to make an adjustment.
__________________
AJ - "Do I feel lucky? No. Did they feel lucky last night [after winning Game 1]? No."
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-22-2007, 11:40 PM
balke balke is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,894
Default

Anderson was drafted to be our future starting CF, which he is. One season isn't what you judge him on. If anything he was thrown in early because the organization is so high on his upside. I think the thing with Brian is they know he's someone who's going to give his all, and at the very least is a solid defenseman out in CF. I think he can hit .300 at the major league level, but last season he didn't. I think things will be much different this season. At least .260, 20 Hr, 20 2b.

Friendly reminder, if we fired every rookie who hit like crap Joe Crede would be in Seattle.

I'm looking forward to what Brian does first, and what Floyd does second. It should all be fun to watch this season.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-22-2007, 11:44 PM
Hitmen77 Hitmen77 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 12,411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdivaldi View Post
Young and Anderson a "push"? In terms of what? Definitely not talent, everyone knew that at the time they were traded Young's upside was a lot higher than Anderson's. Yes maybe Chris will be a flop at the big league level, but I don't see BA ever becoming much more than a 4th outfielder. If Walker can correct the myriad of flaws in his swing and his approach at the plate, G-d bless him.
Wow, listening to some people here, I would start to think that KW should just release BA right now.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-22-2007, 11:55 PM
rdivaldi rdivaldi is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Chicago - Mayfair
Posts: 4,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmen77 View Post
Wow, listening to some people here, I would start to think that KW should just release BA right now.
I've never thought highly, always saw him as the answer to the trivia question, "Who did the White Sox draft ahead of All-Star OFs Ryan Sweeney and Chris Young in 2003?"

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you can't like every prospect/high draft choice. You gotta predict the busts with the gems.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.