White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 09:56 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABRSox View Post
Well, I like getting Gio back. Floyd, either he's bait for another deal (Baldelli?) or Coop's got the biggest reclamation project of his career on his hands.

The guy will only be 24 when the season starts. It's not like he's a 35 year old journeyman.
Banned

From Mark Gonzalez's story:

Quote:
Before the deal was finalized, Sox general manager Ken Williams intimated he might have to make a deal soon because of the rapidly changing free agent market that included the free agent signings of pitchers Jason Schmidt and Ted Lilly.
Odd. I would think the longer he waited, the better.
Happy Meal Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madvora View Post
Freddy ended the year with getting close to throwing two perfect games. We couldn't do better than this???
Maybe teams remember all those starts in July and August when he was giving up 12 hits in 5 innings.
Banned

Reminds me of when we traded Lee. People had no idea, then we got AJ and Duque and it all made sense. Patience people... this will be flipped to another team.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:57 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjav829 View Post
Well going with the Baldelli theory, if that is Kenny's intention, the Phils wouldn't really have as much interest in Baldelli. They need the starting pitching more.
And Tampa, by most but not all accounts, wants young pitching, not expensive Garcia-type pitching. But I'll believe we're trading with TB when I see it.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:57 PM
WSI High Priest

I'm gonna hurl.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:58 PM
Banned

Rowand adds chemisty , if anyone listens to espn in the mornings the rumor was going around again that we are talking about getting Rowand.
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesoxfan View Post
Why did we do this???
Well, it is Wednesday.
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagansoxfan View Post
i think we coulda done better than a prospect and a guy who was 4-3 with a 7.29 era. horrible trade!
There HAS to be another deal about to be made, though it is not clear to me what it could be. As is, this is the worst deal made since Lee Smith was traded by the Cubs to Boston for Al Nipper and Calvin Schiraldi. Did Kenny stop taking his medicine, or something?
Old 12-06-2006, 09:59 PM
WSI High Priest

From rotoworld:

Quote:
ESPN's Jayson Stark says the Phillies have acquired Freddy Garcia from the White Sox for Gio Gonzalez and Gavin Floyd.

No Aaron Rowand? Gonzalez was a White Sox prospect until a year ago, when he was sent to the Phillies in the Jim Thome deal. Gonzalez is probably one of the 30-35 best pitching prospects in baseball, but Floyd doesn't have a lot of value at the moment and we're stunned that this is the best the White Sox could do for Garcia. Dec. 6 - 10:32 pm et
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Naharodny View Post
Salary dump. No matter what you may think about the market for pitchers, you'd have to say that -- despite everything the franchise has accomplished during the past 2 years -- we're still in the land of salary dump. And that's pretty disappointing.

Unless, of course, something else is planned.
He's GOTTA have something else in mind - this is an obvious salary dump - it opens up $10 million. So they must have something else in mind.

I'm still hoping for a Michael Young deal, or maybe Vernon Wells or Baldelli.

I'm not unhappy that they didn't get Rowand.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyTrain View Post
Rowand adds chemisty , if anyone listens to espn in the mornings the rumor was going around again that we are talking about getting Rowand.
Rowand is not in the deal.
WSI Personality

I'm going to reserve judgment on this trade until later. Kenny has proven that he knows what he's doing, and I think he deserves some slack. I mean, free agent signings this off season are out of this world. I just heard a bunch of morons on the North Side of Chicago paid Ted Lilly 40 Million dollars.
More has to come, I think.
And that is the reason I hanker and long for those who doubled to left, and tripled to right.
The old-fashioned batter, The eagle-eyed batter,
The thinking-mans batter,Who tripled to right.
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
All you bandwagoners, this is YOUR EXIT
questioning a move doesnt mean you hate a team. It just means that you do not agree with a move. It is just an opinion and i hope everyone has one or the world would be a very bland place.
WSI High Priest

I'm going to take the opposing view here--I think this trade could work out very well in the longterm. KW is loading up on pitching the organization did not have. Gio is a very talented lefty and only 21 next season. He has time to develop. Floyd could be another Thornton project. I'm keeping an open mind about this. I'm waiting to judge this team until pitchers and catchers report.
Closed Thread