White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-18-2006, 03:28 PM
Fenway Fenway is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Home of the Stanley Cup - BOSTON
Posts: 31,348
Default White Sox HD should be a lot better next year

Was working in the new HD truck that TrioVideo has bought ( so new it isn't painted yet ) Today was the first game it has been used (Harvard-Yale) and the HD was perfect. They plan to use this truck next summer at USCF and it will be a major upgrade from 2006.

now I just hope my check from Tribune Broadcasting doesn't bounce
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-18-2006, 03:38 PM
lakeviewsoxfan lakeviewsoxfan is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tinley Park
Posts: 1,036
Default

I luv HD
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-18-2006, 04:10 PM
DaveIsHere DaveIsHere is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Joliet,IL
Posts: 3,886
Default

Will this be for all of their HD broadcasts at home? Comcast, WGN, and WCIU?

WCIU pisses me off that there is not a cable channel to get the signal, you have to buy and antenna, I am not going to spend $80 for a hanful of HD Sox games a year.
__________________

Sig professionally designed by WSI's own Michelle
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-18-2006, 04:17 PM
lakeviewsoxfan lakeviewsoxfan is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tinley Park
Posts: 1,036
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveIsHere View Post
Will this be for all of their HD broadcasts at home? Comcast, WGN, and WCIU?

WCIU pisses me off that there is not a cable channel to get the signal, you have to buy and antenna, I am not going to spend $80 for a hanful of HD Sox games a year.
The thing that pisses me off with WCIU broadcasts in HD is that they are presented by Comcast yet there is no outlet for WCIU in HD on Comcast.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-18-2006, 04:46 PM
twentywontowin twentywontowin is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Oak Lawn
Posts: 3,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveIsHere View Post
Will this be for all of their HD broadcasts at home? Comcast, WGN, and WCIU?

WCIU pisses me off that there is not a cable channel to get the signal, you have to buy and antenna, I am not going to spend $80 for a hanful of HD Sox games a year.
You actually don't need an "HD Antenna" that costs $80-100 to get over-the-air signals. The old rabbit ears antenna will pull down a HD signal.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-18-2006, 05:22 PM
DaveIsHere DaveIsHere is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Joliet,IL
Posts: 3,886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentywontowin View Post
You actually don't need an "HD Antenna" that costs $80-100 to get over-the-air signals. The old rabbit ears antenna will pull down a HD signal.
It is still pretty stupid looking to have a nice HD setup and then have rabbit ears to pull down the signal, dont ya think???

I believe the year is 2006, ya hear me WCIU!?!?!?!?

*But I may try that this year *
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-18-2006, 05:23 PM
twentywontowin twentywontowin is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Oak Lawn
Posts: 3,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveIsHere View Post
It is still pretty stupid looking to have a nice HD setup and then have rabbit ears to pull down the signal, dont ya think???

I believe the year is 2006, ya hear me WCIU!?!?!?!?

*But I may try that this year *
It does look stupid, but if you can hide them somewhere out of sight, and don't want to spend $80-100 because of a marketing gimmick in HD antennae, the rabbit ears are the way to go.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-18-2006, 07:13 PM
BeeBeeRichard BeeBeeRichard is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentywontowin View Post
It does look stupid, but if you can hide them somewhere out of sight, and don't want to spend $80-100 because of a marketing gimmick in HD antennae, the rabbit ears are the way to go.
Plus, the picture quality of the over-the-air HD signal is superior to the cable version because the signal isn't compressed to fit Comcast's bandwidth. So you end up using the rabbit ears for all the games on WGN, plus Bears games and of course the playoffs in October 2007 on Fox, too. And all your other network HD shows (well, except WBBM -- to get that you do need a $100+ antenna unless you're so close you can reach out your window and touch the tower. WBBM's HD signal blows.)
__________________
"Baby, it wasn't the C^bs' fault when that douch^bag grabbed the foul ball, either, but they still don't get a World Series ring. There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards."

-- Ari Gold

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-18-2006, 07:36 PM
I want Mags back I want Mags back is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Bloomington, IN via Flossmoor
Posts: 4,326
Default

if only i had HD tv and could share are of your happiness
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-18-2006, 08:35 PM
BanditJimmy BanditJimmy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 460
Default

"the bunny ears" anttena ... you can hook one of those up directly to the TV, correct?

Then do you just operate your TV on channel 2,5,7,9, etc to catch the HD?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-18-2006, 08:38 PM
Realist's Avatar
Realist Realist is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,483
Default

HD makes my nana dance.
__________________
Then a gentle rain began to rain.
It fell down from the sky and washed my wings,
Washed away the blood of noble heroes,
And I could fly above beyond the forest
And join all the eagles, join my swift companions.


******* Epic Poems

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-18-2006, 08:52 PM
Cuck the Fubs Cuck the Fubs is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Norridge, IL
Posts: 3,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBeeRichard View Post
Plus, the picture quality of the over-the-air HD signal is superior to the cable version because the signal isn't compressed to fit Comcast's bandwidth. So you end up using the rabbit ears for all the games on WGN, plus Bears games and of course the playoffs in October 2007 on Fox, too. And all your other network HD shows (well, except WBBM -- to get that you do need a $100+ antenna unless you're so close you can reach out your window and touch the tower. WBBM's HD signal blows.)
You can solve the WBBM problem with an attenuator from radio shack, if you can believe it the signal is too strong and if you tone it down it makes a world of difference!

I pulled my hair out for months figuring this out!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-18-2006, 09:19 PM
roylestillman roylestillman is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Morgan Park
Posts: 2,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditJimmy View Post
"the bunny ears" anttena ... you can hook one of those up directly to the TV, correct?

Then do you just operate your TV on channel 2,5,7,9, etc to catch the HD?
Plus the wonders on the other channels like 5.2 and 7.2 (weather) and 9.2 The Tube that runs all music videos all day. Plus two extra Channel 11 stations which seem to run cooking and travel shows all day Channel 38 has 5 channels that of nothing. And if a car goes by I lose them all. Its reminds me of the early days of UHF.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-20-2006, 07:09 AM
itsnotrequired itsnotrequired is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: new mexico!
Posts: 18,160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBeeRichard View Post
Plus, the picture quality of the over-the-air HD signal is superior to the cable version because the signal isn't compressed to fit Comcast's bandwidth.
Is this true? I recently got a HD TV set and am looking to get the HD "upgrade" from Comcast (an extra $5 a month). Do they really compress the signal?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-20-2006, 08:29 AM
DaveIsHere DaveIsHere is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Joliet,IL
Posts: 3,886
Default

But do you need an interanl HD tuner on your TV for the Bunny ears to work?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.