White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Alright, time to see what all these changes will bring... GO SOX!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2006, 09:33 AM
WSI Personality

Default Fan Appreciation Day

I'm going to the game on Sunday for Fan Appreciation Day and wondering if they have anything planned to genuinely show appreciation for the fan support this year. With the highest attendance ever to pass through the gates for the White Sox, you'd think they'd do something special, besides the team posters for the first 20,000 fans. The fans have put a major dent in their wallets, fought the Dan Ryan nightmare, and put up with horrific play in the 2nd half.. yet I'll still stand and show my appreciation for a fun year.. despite my high blood pressure.. . Hopefully they show their appreciation to the fans.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:03 AM
WSI Personality

i, for one haven't appreciated the play on the field for the better part of the year, and there is plenty of blame to go around. i will not be in attendance, because i do not appreciate this organization collecting interest on 21500 season ticket holders, my $2700 included. if you wanna get mad for a minute, sit down and do the math, on how much money the will accrue in interest. mind boggling. then they give us the screwgie about sox fest.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:07 AM
WSI Church Elder

Every year in the past they have given away prizes based on seat location. I don't know if they are doing that this year but I am guessing they are. I don't know what they giving away either. One year I know a guy who won a really nice watch. Either way I will be there to mourn the Sox and the the offical start of winter in my book (the last home baseball game).
Old 09-23-2006, 11:53 AM
WSI Church Elder

I seem to recall them giving out United tickets to a lot - maybe 100 - of random seats around the park last year.

Of course, those of us in the upper deck weren't so happy when it came time for the Scout Seaters to win...

On a related note: does anyone know what the "Fan Appreciation Packs" are that are available on Ticketmaster?
"Two innings later, Paul Konerko will win it for us with a game-winning monster blast that's got every guy on this 7-12 team convinced we're ready to turn our season around. We lose seven of our next eight." - David Wells

andrew reilly | pics
Old 09-23-2006, 01:28 PM
WSI Church Elder

Maybe they should have a free bullpen dunk tank. Pick your pitcher and get him wet.

I'd be the wettest.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:06 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
Maybe they should have a free bullpen dunk tank. Pick your pitcher and get him wet.

I'd be the wettest.

I'll be first in line for the plunking! I don't want to see Neal Cotts pitch again this year - please - Ozzie - please!
October26 - Twenty-SEVEN years ago, I married my husband on October 26. Since that day, we have been blessed with a wonderful family. Then, on October 26, 2005, when the baseball gods bestowed their good fortunes upon us, we saw the White Sox win the World Series. An incredibly talented team of grinders made every Sox fan's dream come true. My family and I celebrated with reckless abandon. And now, we look forward to that day when our White Sox will once again be World Series Champions!
Old 09-23-2006, 06:12 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by areilly View Post

On a related note does anyone know what the "Fan Appreciation Packs" are that are available on Ticketmaster?
I believe they are $15 upper reserved tickets that include a hot dog value meal.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:38 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOXandILLINI View Post
i, for one haven't appreciated the play on the field for the better part of the year, and there is plenty of blame to go around. i will not be in attendance, because i do not appreciate this organization collecting interest on 21500 season ticket holders, my $2700 included. if you wanna get mad for a minute, sit down and do the math, on how much money the will accrue in interest. mind boggling. then they give us the screwgie about sox fest.
This is an ignorant statement on many levels. First of all, name one other team that *doesn't* require playoff or season ticket invoices to be paid well in advance of the games actually being played. You can ask people to do the math, but you haven't done your homework. Secondly, do some quick number crunching on what kind of interest the Sox would make on the playoff tickets. It might pay for two months of Ross Gload's contract next season (and that's a stretch). Get a grip.

2013 Attendance Record: 7-9, .438
Old 09-23-2006, 07:16 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
This is an ignorant statement on many levels. First of all, name one other team that *doesn't* require playoff or season ticket invoices to be paid well in advance of the games actually being played. You can ask people to do the math, but you haven't done your homework. Secondly, do some quick number crunching on what kind of interest the Sox would make on the playoff tickets. It might pay for two months of Ross Gload's contract next season (and that's a stretch). Get a grip.

Thanks for some reasoning here. I'm for supporting the team!

I'm gonna be there with my siblings and my wife. Personally, any contest or giveaway is cool, as I want to see our Sox keep on fighting until the very end.

Front
Old 09-23-2006, 07:29 PM
WSI Church Elder

I'll be there tomorrow. Heck, I'm still holding out for a miracle. Make it two in a row tomorrow!! Fans have waited 88 years to see a World Series winner. Sunday, unfortunately, might be the last oppurtunity to see them at home. Last season's victory will age like a fine wine. GO SOX!!! IT AIN'T OVER JUST YET!! Hey pessimists, optimism is free.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:39 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastchicagosoxfa View Post
Last season's victory will age like a fine wine.
I have a feeling people will start appreciating it a little bit more each season we're removed from it. Not to say that it won't happen again soon, but if we go two or three years without making the playoffs, it's going to smack people in the face.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:48 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
I have a feeling people will start appreciating it a little bit more each season we're removed from it. Not to say that it won't happen again soon, but if we go two or three years without making the playoffs, it's going to smack people in the face.
Or....two out of three ain't bad
Old 09-23-2006, 08:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by areilly View Post
I seem to recall them giving out United tickets to a lot - maybe 100 - of random seats around the park last year.

Of course, those of us in the upper deck weren't so happy when it came time for the Scout Seaters to win...

On a related note: does anyone know what the "Fan Appreciation Packs" are that are available on Ticketmaster?
4 upper deck tickets and 4 hot dog meals for 60 bucks
Old 09-23-2006, 08:57 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
It's a business. Yeah, they could return the tickey money; that would cost them a lot in processing and administrative fees. To absorb those costs, they'd probably have pegged the playoff ticket prices even higher than they were.

So they hold it over the winter. It's true, they're making the float on it, which is probably T-Bill rate (which is what, 4.5%?), and doubtless they've built that into their income expectations. Without that, they'd probably raise ticket prices even more for 2007.

Ticket buyers can get their money back, but they will then lose their seat locations. So keeping your seat location is what you get instead of interest on your money. It's not really that bad a deal.

If it bothers someone that much, they shouldn't do business with the club. Some of us are looking to improve our seat locations this winter!
Old 09-23-2006, 09:00 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by southside rocks View Post
It's a business. Yeah, they could return the tickey money; that would cost them a lot in processing and administrative fees. To absorb those costs, they'd probably have pegged the playoff ticket prices even higher than they were.

So they hold it over the winter. It's true, they're making the float on it, which is probably T-Bill rate (which is what, 4.5%?), and doubtless they've built that into their income expectations. Without that, they'd probably raise ticket prices even more for 2007.

Ticket buyers can get their money back, but they will then lose their seat locations. So keeping your seat location is what you get instead of interest on your money. It's not really that bad a deal.

If it bothers someone that much, they shouldn't do business with the club. Some of us are looking to improve our seat locations this winter!
Sox do not set playoff ticket prices MLB does.