Soxogram: 
And away we go...

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2006, 11:04 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Parking

Thats the number of dollars it costs to drive your car and park at a Sox game. If you go alone and sit in the upper deck, you'll pay more to park than to see certain games.

Who does that $18 go to? Do the White Sox own that land and thus reep the benefit or someone else(Illinois Sports Facilities, whatever that group is called, city of Chicago, etc...)

I almost never park at official Sox parking but this past Saturday was forced to do so. Long story short, the whole operation is run ABYSMALLY. If the White Sox are not making the money from parking, I propose a WSI-wide boycott of parking at U.S. Cellular Field(unless you are tailgating, of course). If the money does go to the Sox, I think we need to bombard our ticket-reps with demands and suggestions about making the experience better.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:08 PM
WSI Church Elder

i agree that 18 bucks it nuts but i'm not "in the know" on all the other methods of transportations (red/green/ w/e line) therefore I only drive to games because i live in elmhurst. But i would gladly take the el down there if i knew about it.

Proud to be a WSIer
Old 05-08-2006, 11:15 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRDSR
Thats the number of dollars it costs to drive your car and park at a Sox game. If you go alone and sit in the upper deck, you'll pay more to park than to see certain games.

Who does that $18 go to? Do the White Sox own that land and thus reep the benefit or someone else(Illinois Sports Facilities, whatever that group is called, city of Chicago, etc...)

I almost never park at official Sox parking but this past Saturday was forced to do so. Long story short, the whole operation is run ABYSMALLY. If the White Sox are not making the money from parking, I propose a WSI-wide boycott of parking at U.S. Cellular Field(unless you are tailgating, of course). If the money does go to the Sox, I think we need to bombard our ticket-reps with demands and suggestions about making the experience better.
I totally agree with your assessment of the pricing of parking is RIDICULOUS. However, I don't think anything is going to be done about it. It is on par with parking at the UC, AllState Arena, Soldier Field and is cheaper then parking around the Urinal.

I believe that a couple bucks goes to taxes, I wanna say $3. And the rest I would assume goes to the Illinois Sports Facilities because they do own the Cell, and I would assume the land surrounding it. Whoever owns it makes craploads of money though for just plain concrete.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:15 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:

I totally agree with your assessment of the pricing of parking is RIDICULOUS. However, I don't think anything is going to be done about it. It is on par with parking at the UC, AllState Arena, Soldier Field and is cheaper then parking around the Urinal.

I believe that a couple bucks goes to taxes, I wanna say $3. And the rest I would assume goes to the Illinois Sports Facilities because they do own the Cell, and I would assume the land surrounding it. Whoever owns it makes craploads of money though for just plain concrete.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:17 PM
WSI Regular

Sure it costs a lot of money if you are not patient and do not want to walk. Try west of Halstead, along 31st Street and you can park for free. Problem is, people are way too impulsive.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:20 PM
WSI Church Elder

Red Parking Pass $14- $11.50 for parking,$.75 City Tax, $1.75 County Tax
Green Parking Pass $18-$14.75 for parking, $1.00 City Tax, $2.25 County Tax
Old 05-08-2006, 11:21 PM
WSI High Priest

I thought that this guy owned most of the parking lots around the Cell, or am I mistaken?

Old 05-08-2006, 11:25 PM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Quote:
Long story short, the whole operation is run ABYSMALLY.
How so? I park in Lot F and it is run beautifully. It never takes more than one minute to get out of the lot, even when I'm parked at the furthest end from the exit and the game just ended. I never have trouble getting in, either.

Of course, they failed to rotate my tires, change my oil and wax my car during last Thursday's day game and that disappointed me deeply.

As fas as where the money goes, after the taxes are paid, it goes to the White Sox. The lots are owned by the Illinois Sports Facility Authority and leased to the Sox. The lease gives the Sox exclusive control over the stadium and the parking lots. I know this because I know the lawyer who reviewed the lease for the city to determine if the Sox could allow tailgating in the lots. Since the lots are controlled by the Sox, they have the sole sayso if there can be open alcoholic containers in the lots.

Last edited by DumpJerry; 05-09-2006 at 07:48 AM.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:33 PM
Banned

i think that any land the team owned BEFORE they moved to the cell is still the team's land(like lot g, the site of the old park, ect)

The rest must be ISFA's.
They do contract out the work to standard parking.
Gene
Old 05-08-2006, 11:51 PM
WSI Church Elder

Park just east of the Dan Ryan in front of LaSalle High School. Very heavily patrolled (across from CPD HQ) and on a well-lit and busy 35th street. Or park in IIT. It's free, and a shorter walk than across Halsted.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:56 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry
I park in Lot F and it is run beautifully. It never takes more than one minute to get out of the lot, even when I'm parked at the furthest end from the exit and the game just ended. I never have trouble getting in, either.
I agree. We park in Lot F and had no problems - I thought it was way more organized and far improved since the last few years.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:02 AM
WSI High Priest

I'm more than happy to pay $18-$20 to park my car there if they take a large chunk of that and field another World Series Winner.

Old 05-09-2006, 12:25 AM
WSI Church Elder

Taking the train is pretty cheap if you don't mind spending a bit more time in transit.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:46 AM
Banned

I only park at the stadium for games I tailgate. Otherwise I park near Union Park and take the Green Line down from Ashland/Lake.

Has anyone here gotten an early-bird parking rate? I spoke with my ticket rep before the season started and was told the special would no longer be offered, but I'm wondering if that is really the case.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:18 AM
Banned

i take the train from my house in san diego