White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-07-2006, 10:10 PM
rookieroy rookieroy is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Carol Stream, IL.
Posts: 195
Default Internet Rumor: Contreras hurt?

I took my family to the game today and my kids wanted to get in line for Contreras, Cotts and Cooper. Well, we did that and as were waiting, some of the players are playing catch on the field. Some around us said it appeared that Jose may have hurt himself in doing so. I didn't actually see it, but, I did see him limping to the dugout pretty bad. Of course he didn't come out to sign autographs and neither did Cooper until 20 minutes later. Did anyone else see this? I've looked online and can't find any mention of it anywhere. Let's hope he's o.k.!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Brian26's Avatar
Brian26 Brian26 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Chicago
Posts: 31,659
Blog Entries: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookieroy
I took my family to the game today and my kids wanted to get in line for Contreras, Cotts and Cooper. Well, we did that and as were waiting, some of the players are playing catch on the field. Some around us said it appeared that Jose may have hurt himself in doing so. I didn't actually see it, but, I did see him limping to the dugout pretty bad. Of course he didn't come out to sign autographs and neither did Cooper until 20 minutes later. Did anyone else see this? I've looked online and can't find any mention of it anywhere. Let's hope he's o.k.!
He hurt his leg by playing pregame soft-toss on a totally dry field? Hmmm.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-07-2006, 11:42 PM
rookieroy rookieroy is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Carol Stream, IL.
Posts: 195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26
He hurt his leg by playing pregame soft-toss on a totally dry field? Hmmm.
They were playing long toss. They start short and keep moving back. It was well over 60 feet. I noticed Thorton and McCarthy were doing the same. The guy in front of me said that it looked like Jose jumped to catch one over his head. It was weird. I've never really noticed a bunch of pitchers playing long toss before a game like that. We knew right away that Jose wouldn't come out to sign for the kids seeing the way he was limping to the dugout. Cooper did say that Jose wasn't coming out to sign autographs but didn't say why. We saw why. Let's just hope it's nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-08-2006, 12:08 AM
MERPER MERPER is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wheeling, Il... Columbia, Mo
Posts: 261
Default

I feel as though someone would have already reported this if there was a legit problem.... maybe he stubbed a toe or something, but with the way he's been pitching, if he were seriously injured I feel like it would be all over the news by now!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-08-2006, 12:10 AM
chisoxfanatic's Avatar
chisoxfanatic chisoxfanatic is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Body is in Chicago. Mind is in Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 27,019
Blog Entries: 1
Default

That, and he isn't scheduled to pitch again until Wednesday, giving him ample time to rest.
__________________
2018-2019 Blackhawks Attendance Record: 1-0-1
Next Game: October 18 vs. Arizona Coyotes


States Visited: 49
Last Up: Hawaii in January
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-08-2006, 12:22 AM
SkeetSkeetAmit SkeetSkeetAmit is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Iowa City
Posts: 90
Default

I thought I saw him in the dugout at some point during the game being his old happy self sitting around. Maybe when Crede went into the dugout after the fake homerun. I could be wrong though.
__________________
We like sports and we don't care who knows.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-08-2006, 12:35 AM
JohnBasedowYoda's Avatar
JohnBasedowYoda JohnBasedowYoda is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Alsip, you jealous fool
Posts: 5,727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERPER
I feel as though someone would have already reported this if there was a legit problem.... maybe he stubbed a toe or something, but with the way he's been pitching, if he were seriously injured I feel like it would be all over the news by now!
If this was true I don't think KW and Oz would hold a pres conference and tell everyone our Ace jazzed himself up while hopping around.

Let's see what this week brings too us though...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Dick Allen Dick Allen is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Arlington Heights
Posts: 3,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERPER
I feel as though someone would have already reported this if there was a legit problem.... maybe he stubbed a toe or something, but with the way he's been pitching, if he were seriously injured I feel like it would be all over the news by now!
We're talking about the Chicago media here. They were too busy fawning over Carrie Wood's low minors appearance to be bothered with JC.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-08-2006, 03:09 PM
MERPER MERPER is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wheeling, Il... Columbia, Mo
Posts: 261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Allen
We're talking about the Chicago media here. They were too busy fawning over Carrie Wood's low minors appearance to be bothered with JC.
Exactly, the Chicago media, mainly the Chicago Tribune... which would crave any story that is bad for the Sox right now... What would be a better story than one about the White Sox best pitcher being hurt?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-08-2006, 05:25 PM
hawkjt hawkjt is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 7,360
Default Contreras to DL?

Came up with a sore hip after Sat. side session. Had an MRI and will go DL. haeger coming up and will start Wed.

This sucks but thankfully the sox have reserve starting pitching.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-08-2006, 05:26 PM
Berkules Berkules is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 137
Default

poo. ive been so looking forward to 6-0 with 1.26
__________________
Frozen White Castles just aren't the same.
But then again, at least we have In n Out.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-08-2006, 05:27 PM
white sox bill white sox bill is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Freeport IL
Posts: 3,824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkjt
Came up with a sore hip after Sat. side session. Had an MRI and will go DL. haeger coming up and will start Wed.

This sucks but thankfully the sox have reserve starting pitching.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-08-2006, 05:27 PM
cbotnyse cbotnyse is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: River North, Chicago
Posts: 6,927
Default

very bad news
__________________

“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it.” - Ansel Adams
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-08-2006, 05:27 PM
ChiSoxRowand ChiSoxRowand is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: DeKalb/Rockford
Posts: 1,731
Default

Hopefully we have somebody who can catch haegar. Why not McCarthy.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-08-2006, 05:28 PM
samram's Avatar
samram samram is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,548
Default

Just heard it on the Score.

Damnit. Well, this is why they have McCarthy.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.