Soxogram: 
And away we go...

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2002, 09:24 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default Worst org.

Rank these 3 organizations from worst to crappy but better than the other two: Detroit, KC, Milwaukee
Old 01-17-2002, 09:33 PM
The Grand Wazoo

Default Re: Worst org.

Quote:
Originally posted by RichH55
Rank these 3 organizations from worst to crappy but better than the other two: Detroit, KC, Milwaukee
Is there a pressing need to rate bottom feeders?
Old 01-17-2002, 09:36 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default Re: Re: Worst org.

Quote:
Originally posted by daver

Hey its just a post...This thought came to my mind so i put it up to get opinions....if you don't want to rate them thats fine....just skip to the next thread...no biggie, no need to break my balls over something trival
Old 01-17-2002, 09:36 PM
WSI High Priest

Default Re: Re: Worst org.

Quote:
Originally posted by daver
I would add the Sox, but that would start a long argument which would prove absolutely nothing.
Old 01-17-2002, 09:39 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default Re: Re: Re: Worst org.

Quote:

no need to break my balls over something trival
Overreact much?
Old 01-17-2002, 09:42 PM
The Grand Wazoo

Default Re: Re: Re: Worst org.

Quote:

Hey its just a post...This thought came to my mind so i put it up to get opinions....if you don't want to rate them thats fine....just skip to the next thread...no biggie, no need to break my balls over something trival
I asked a question,no more and no less,if you have a problem with that,and need to read something more into it then you have your own problems.
Old 01-17-2002, 09:53 PM
WSI Personality

Worst- Detroit
Terrible- Kansas City
Bad- Milwaukee
Old 01-18-2002, 08:38 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally posted by fuzzy_patters
Worst- Detroit
Terrible- Kansas City
Bad- Milwaukee
Was this so hard?
Old 01-18-2002, 08:56 AM
WSI Church Elder

I'd have Baltimore in there. KC seems to develop more young talent than Baltimore. And YES, we gotta be in the Team picture, being in such a large market
Old 01-18-2002, 09:29 AM
WSI Church Elder

All right, I'll take the bait! As much as Reinsdorff has done to p*ss me (and vitually every other Sox fan) off, and as much as KW has frightened me with his bungling, there is no viable grounds for ranking the Sox as one of the worst organizations. They had one of the best records in the '90's (or close to second, if I recall correctly), they have drafted and developed a bunch of quality MLB players over the last decade (e.g. Thomas, McDowell, Ventura, Ordonez, Buehrle, Lee, Durham, Baldwin, Alvarez, Fernandez, Thigpen) and the organization is chock full of promising pitchers and, to a certain extent, position players. They won 2 division titles in 8 years and were in front of the pack when the strike was called in one of those years (and had a legit shot at the wild card in a few others). Now, it's true that they have repeatedly shot themselves in the foot, and with the above string of successes, they should have and could have had more division titles and some playoff success; there's no doubt that they've wasted opportunities, alienated fans and made moves that have come back to haunt them. But as compared to the rest of the MLB organizations, we're at least in the middle of the pack (certainly ahead of the Royals, Tigers, Devil Rays, Brewers, Pirates, Cubs, Angels, Orioles, Padres, Phillies, Reds, Red Sox, Twins, and Rockies, and arguably ahead of several others). Believe me, I'm far from satisfied, but, despite the frustrations, the Sox have done some good things in recent years and there is at least reason to hope for the future -- a lot of organizations can't even give their fans that.
Old 01-18-2002, 09:31 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally posted by hold2dibber
All right, I'll take the bait! As much as Reinsdorff has done to p*ss me (and vitually every other Sox fan) off, and as much as KW has frightened me with his bungling, there is no viable grounds for ranking the Sox as one of the worst organizations. They had one of the best records in the '90's (or close to second, if I recall correctly), they have drafted and developed a bunch of quality MLB players over the last decade (e.g. Thomas, McDowell, Ventura, Ordonez, Buehrle, Lee, Durham, Baldwin, Alvarez, Fernandez, Thigpen) and the organization is chock full of promising pitchers and, to a certain extent, position players. They won 2 division titles in 8 years and were in front of the pack when the strike was called in one of those years (and had a legit shot at the wild card in a few others). Now, it's true that they have repeatedly shot themselves in the foot, and with the above string of successes, they should have and could have had more division titles and some playoff success; there's no doubt that they've wasted opportunities, alienated fans and made moves that have come back to haunt them. But as compared to the rest of the MLB organizations, we're at least in the middle of the pack (certainly ahead of the Royals, Tigers, Devil Rays, Brewers, Pirates, Cubs, Angels, Orioles, Padres, Phillies, Reds, Red Sox, Twins, and Rockies, and arguably ahead of several others). Believe me, I'm far from satisfied, but, despite the frustrations, the Sox have done some good things in recent years and there is at least reason to hope for the future -- a lot of organizations can't even give their fans that.

Very very well said....cheers man
Old 01-18-2002, 09:46 AM
Sanitation Engineer

Quote:
Amen...I agree.
Old 01-18-2002, 09:59 AM
Sanitation Engineer

Default Re: Worst org.

Quote:
1) KC -they're the worst because they let all of their good guys go for nothing (Dye, Damon, etc.)
2) Detroit -close to KC, but they never let anybody good get away because they never have anybody good in the 1st place.
3) Milwaukee -crappy, they could actually be decent if D'Amico was healthy & every hitter on the team didn't strike out 150+ time a season.
Old 01-18-2002, 10:54 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
All right, I'll take the bait! Now, it's true that they have repeatedly shot themselves in the foot, and with the above string of successes, they should have and could have had more division titles and some playoff success; there's no doubt that they've wasted opportunities, alienated fans and made moves that have come back to haunt them. But as compared to the rest of the MLB organizations, we're at least in the middle of the pack (certainly ahead of the Royals, Tigers, Devil Rays, Brewers, Pirates, Cubs, Angels, Orioles, Padres, Phillies, Reds, Red Sox, Twins, and Rockies, and arguably ahead of several others). Believe me, I'm far from satisfied, but, despite the frustrations, the Sox have done some good things in recent years and there is at least reason to hope for the future -- a lot of organizations can't even give their fans that.
I'm looking at it from a World Series stand point. 85 years with out a World Series is just plain brutal. That streak isn't going to end anytime soon either. I agree that the teams above do a horrible job operating a team. They've done good things, yes but winning the division means nothing to me.

That's all I'm going to say, nobody else is going to agree with me so this whole argument proves nothing.
Old 01-18-2002, 11:02 AM
WSI Church Elder

I guess it's a matter of time frame. I'm thinking of the last decade or so under Reinsdorff's ownership. If you want to look at a longer perspective, in terms of the history of the franchise, that's a much more complicated matter; but my initial reaction is you're probably right -- 85 years without a single friggin' title says a lot (how come we're not "beloved" like the Flubs or the Red Sox -- we're just as pathetic as they are!)