White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
And away we go...

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-17-2002, 09:24 PM
RichH55 RichH55 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Willow Springs/Champaign, IL
Posts: 3,415
Default Worst org.

Rank these 3 organizations from worst to crappy but better than the other two: Detroit, KC, Milwaukee
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-17-2002, 09:33 PM
Daver's Avatar
Daver Daver is offline
The Grand Wazoo
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SW Suburbs
Posts: 26,668
Blog Entries: 11
Default Re: Worst org.

Quote:
Originally posted by RichH55
Rank these 3 organizations from worst to crappy but better than the other two: Detroit, KC, Milwaukee
Is there a pressing need to rate bottom feeders?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-17-2002, 09:36 PM
RichH55 RichH55 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Willow Springs/Champaign, IL
Posts: 3,415
Default Re: Re: Worst org.

Quote:
Originally posted by daver


Is there a pressing need to rate bottom feeders?

Hey its just a post...This thought came to my mind so i put it up to get opinions....if you don't want to rate them thats fine....just skip to the next thread...no biggie, no need to break my balls over something trival
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-17-2002, 09:36 PM
Jerry_Manuel Jerry_Manuel is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hanover Park
Posts: 10,078
Default Re: Re: Worst org.

Quote:
Originally posted by daver
Is there a pressing need to rate bottom feeders?
I would add the Sox, but that would start a long argument which would prove absolutely nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-17-2002, 09:39 PM
KempersRS KempersRS is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 2,395
Default Re: Re: Re: Worst org.

Quote:
Originally posted by RichH55


no need to break my balls over something trival
Overreact much?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-17-2002, 09:42 PM
Daver's Avatar
Daver Daver is offline
The Grand Wazoo
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SW Suburbs
Posts: 26,668
Blog Entries: 11
Default Re: Re: Re: Worst org.

Quote:
Originally posted by RichH55



Hey its just a post...This thought came to my mind so i put it up to get opinions....if you don't want to rate them thats fine....just skip to the next thread...no biggie, no need to break my balls over something trival
I asked a question,no more and no less,if you have a problem with that,and need to read something more into it then you have your own problems.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-17-2002, 09:53 PM
fuzzy_patters fuzzy_patters is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 1,181
Default

Worst- Detroit
Terrible- Kansas City
Bad- Milwaukee
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-18-2002, 08:38 AM
RichH55 RichH55 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Willow Springs/Champaign, IL
Posts: 3,415
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by fuzzy_patters
Worst- Detroit
Terrible- Kansas City
Bad- Milwaukee
Was this so hard?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-18-2002, 08:56 AM
duke of dorwood duke of dorwood is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Southwest Subs.
Posts: 4,542
Default

I'd have Baltimore in there. KC seems to develop more young talent than Baltimore. And YES, we gotta be in the Team picture, being in such a large market
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-18-2002, 09:29 AM
hold2dibber hold2dibber is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Western 'burbs (of Chicago)
Posts: 3,888
Default

All right, I'll take the bait! As much as Reinsdorff has done to p*ss me (and vitually every other Sox fan) off, and as much as KW has frightened me with his bungling, there is no viable grounds for ranking the Sox as one of the worst organizations. They had one of the best records in the '90's (or close to second, if I recall correctly), they have drafted and developed a bunch of quality MLB players over the last decade (e.g. Thomas, McDowell, Ventura, Ordonez, Buehrle, Lee, Durham, Baldwin, Alvarez, Fernandez, Thigpen) and the organization is chock full of promising pitchers and, to a certain extent, position players. They won 2 division titles in 8 years and were in front of the pack when the strike was called in one of those years (and had a legit shot at the wild card in a few others). Now, it's true that they have repeatedly shot themselves in the foot, and with the above string of successes, they should have and could have had more division titles and some playoff success; there's no doubt that they've wasted opportunities, alienated fans and made moves that have come back to haunt them. But as compared to the rest of the MLB organizations, we're at least in the middle of the pack (certainly ahead of the Royals, Tigers, Devil Rays, Brewers, Pirates, Cubs, Angels, Orioles, Padres, Phillies, Reds, Red Sox, Twins, and Rockies, and arguably ahead of several others). Believe me, I'm far from satisfied, but, despite the frustrations, the Sox have done some good things in recent years and there is at least reason to hope for the future -- a lot of organizations can't even give their fans that.
__________________
Pitcher Chuck Finley, after ex-wife Tawny Kitaen accused him in divorce court of being a heavy drinker, marijuana smoker and steroid user: "I can't believe she left out the cross-dressing.''
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-18-2002, 09:31 AM
RichH55 RichH55 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Willow Springs/Champaign, IL
Posts: 3,415
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by hold2dibber
All right, I'll take the bait! As much as Reinsdorff has done to p*ss me (and vitually every other Sox fan) off, and as much as KW has frightened me with his bungling, there is no viable grounds for ranking the Sox as one of the worst organizations. They had one of the best records in the '90's (or close to second, if I recall correctly), they have drafted and developed a bunch of quality MLB players over the last decade (e.g. Thomas, McDowell, Ventura, Ordonez, Buehrle, Lee, Durham, Baldwin, Alvarez, Fernandez, Thigpen) and the organization is chock full of promising pitchers and, to a certain extent, position players. They won 2 division titles in 8 years and were in front of the pack when the strike was called in one of those years (and had a legit shot at the wild card in a few others). Now, it's true that they have repeatedly shot themselves in the foot, and with the above string of successes, they should have and could have had more division titles and some playoff success; there's no doubt that they've wasted opportunities, alienated fans and made moves that have come back to haunt them. But as compared to the rest of the MLB organizations, we're at least in the middle of the pack (certainly ahead of the Royals, Tigers, Devil Rays, Brewers, Pirates, Cubs, Angels, Orioles, Padres, Phillies, Reds, Red Sox, Twins, and Rockies, and arguably ahead of several others). Believe me, I'm far from satisfied, but, despite the frustrations, the Sox have done some good things in recent years and there is at least reason to hope for the future -- a lot of organizations can't even give their fans that.


Very very well said....cheers man
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-18-2002, 09:46 AM
WinningUgly!'s Avatar
WinningUgly! WinningUgly! is offline
Sanitation Engineer
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Ottawa, IL
Posts: 5,519
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by hold2dibber
All right, I'll take the bait! As much as Reinsdorff has done to p*ss me (and vitually every other Sox fan) off, and as much as KW has frightened me with his bungling, there is no viable grounds for ranking the Sox as one of the worst organizations. They had one of the best records in the '90's (or close to second, if I recall correctly), they have drafted and developed a bunch of quality MLB players over the last decade (e.g. Thomas, McDowell, Ventura, Ordonez, Buehrle, Lee, Durham, Baldwin, Alvarez, Fernandez, Thigpen) and the organization is chock full of promising pitchers and, to a certain extent, position players. They won 2 division titles in 8 years and were in front of the pack when the strike was called in one of those years (and had a legit shot at the wild card in a few others). Now, it's true that they have repeatedly shot themselves in the foot, and with the above string of successes, they should have and could have had more division titles and some playoff success; there's no doubt that they've wasted opportunities, alienated fans and made moves that have come back to haunt them. But as compared to the rest of the MLB organizations, we're at least in the middle of the pack (certainly ahead of the Royals, Tigers, Devil Rays, Brewers, Pirates, Cubs, Angels, Orioles, Padres, Phillies, Reds, Red Sox, Twins, and Rockies, and arguably ahead of several others). Believe me, I'm far from satisfied, but, despite the frustrations, the Sox have done some good things in recent years and there is at least reason to hope for the future -- a lot of organizations can't even give their fans that.
Amen...I agree.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-18-2002, 09:59 AM
WinningUgly!'s Avatar
WinningUgly! WinningUgly! is offline
Sanitation Engineer
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Ottawa, IL
Posts: 5,519
Default Re: Worst org.

Quote:
Originally posted by RichH55
Rank these 3 organizations from worst to crappy but better than the other two: Detroit, KC, Milwaukee
1) KC -they're the worst because they let all of their good guys go for nothing (Dye, Damon, etc.)
2) Detroit -close to KC, but they never let anybody good get away because they never have anybody good in the 1st place.
3) Milwaukee -crappy, they could actually be decent if D'Amico was healthy & every hitter on the team didn't strike out 150+ time a season.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-18-2002, 10:54 AM
Jerry_Manuel Jerry_Manuel is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hanover Park
Posts: 10,078
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by hold2dibber
All right, I'll take the bait! Now, it's true that they have repeatedly shot themselves in the foot, and with the above string of successes, they should have and could have had more division titles and some playoff success; there's no doubt that they've wasted opportunities, alienated fans and made moves that have come back to haunt them. But as compared to the rest of the MLB organizations, we're at least in the middle of the pack (certainly ahead of the Royals, Tigers, Devil Rays, Brewers, Pirates, Cubs, Angels, Orioles, Padres, Phillies, Reds, Red Sox, Twins, and Rockies, and arguably ahead of several others). Believe me, I'm far from satisfied, but, despite the frustrations, the Sox have done some good things in recent years and there is at least reason to hope for the future -- a lot of organizations can't even give their fans that.
I'm looking at it from a World Series stand point. 85 years with out a World Series is just plain brutal. That streak isn't going to end anytime soon either. I agree that the teams above do a horrible job operating a team. They've done good things, yes but winning the division means nothing to me.

That's all I'm going to say, nobody else is going to agree with me so this whole argument proves nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-18-2002, 11:02 AM
hold2dibber hold2dibber is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Western 'burbs (of Chicago)
Posts: 3,888
Default

I guess it's a matter of time frame. I'm thinking of the last decade or so under Reinsdorff's ownership. If you want to look at a longer perspective, in terms of the history of the franchise, that's a much more complicated matter; but my initial reaction is you're probably right -- 85 years without a single friggin' title says a lot (how come we're not "beloved" like the Flubs or the Red Sox -- we're just as pathetic as they are!)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.