White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2005, 12:53 PM
WSI Church Elder

White Sox Wednesday at it again! Glad you're sticking around Jon!
Old 12-28-2005, 12:54 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fake Chet Lemon
Better sign soon Jose or Kenny may have you pitching in Cincinnati or some other god-awful place this season. Can you say Jose = Ken Griffey Jr?
Where would he play?
Old 12-28-2005, 12:55 PM
Official Physician

I'd like to take this opportunity to issue a public apology to Jon Garland.

Honestly I didn't think there was any way he was going to re-up without testing free agency. I was in favor of trading him away for this very reason. He just proved me wrong.

Great signing by KW. I really hope this doesn't mean the end of Jose Contreras's days here in Chicago, but I'm very happy to have Garland in the fold for another 3 years.

Cheers Jon!
"A lot of people think I'm arrogant because I believe in myself. I'm not going to apologize for that. I don't care if people dislike me. Screw them. I do things my way...I don't ever expect to fail."--Josh Beckett
Old 12-28-2005, 12:57 PM
WSI Church Elder

I might be in the minority here, but I'd like to see us keep Jose for this season even at the expense of not adding to our bullpen. I am completely comfortable with the notion of Brandon toughing it out in the bullpen for a year, which would more than sufficiently replace the Viz. I don't believe we have anyone else in our system that can be a spot fifth starter if necessary due to injury and don't trust in Javier yet. I'd rather keep our depth.

I never would have thought that JG would sign an extension before JC. I wonder if that means the club's offer to Jose is off the table. Whatever the case, this move means we have the best five man rotation in all of baseball for the next two years for a very affordable rate.

-A Tigers fan, just before the Pale Hose defeated the Kitties 9-1.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:05 PM
WSI Personality

Throw some seasoning salt on Fingernails on a blackboard for a season in the BP and start the 5 horses...and Fingernails on a blackboard is excellent insurance if, God Forbid, we have an injury....We got our team, lets play ball!
Old 12-28-2005, 01:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gf2020
I might be in the minority here, but I'd like to see us keep Jose for this season even at the expense of not adding to our bullpen. I am completely comfortable with the notion of Brandon toughing it out in the bullpen for a year, which would more than sufficiently replace the Viz. I don't believe we have anyone else in our system that can be a spot fifth starter if necessary due to injury and don't trust in Javier yet. I'd rather keep our depth.

I never would have thought that JG would sign an extension before JC. I wonder if that means the club's offer to Jose is off the table. Whatever the case, this move means we have the best five man rotation in all of baseball for the next two years for a very affordable rate.
Good god, with a starting five this solid we're really questioning the need for a bullpen. Honestly. We already have the closer and the bridge to. We don't really need a workhorse 5-7th inning guy like Vizcaino because the starters are going to be pushing into the 7th virtually every single day provided all 5 are healthy.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:08 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotrequired
How locked in is this team for the future? It is insane. They now have Buehrle, Garcia, Garland and Vazquez locked in through 2007 (through contract or club options)....
Don't forget McCarthy! That's a solid 5 man rotation (barring injury of course) locked in for the next 2 years)
Old 12-28-2005, 01:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmen77
Don't forget McCarthy! That's a solid 5 man rotation (barring injury of course) locked in for the next 2 years)
I was only including the big guns. Sox also have Jenks, Anderson, Hermanson, etc. locked up.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:11 PM
Webmaster - French Fryer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gf2020
Yep. The Sox just won a world championship. The notion that we still have five healthy arms in the rotation is a bit far-fetched. I'll take my chances with five arms plus one extra one just in case. There are a lot of innings to be pitched in 2006. McCarthy will get his chance. Book it.

I'm guessing Kenny sees it the same way, too.

Old 12-28-2005, 01:12 PM
WSI Personality

We have a very expensive rotation but what a great rotation it is. Let's celebrate
WSI High Priest

Quote:
I was only including the big guns. Sox also have Jenks, Anderson, Hermanson, etc. locked up.
Konerko, AJ, Thome, Iguchi...
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Sounds good.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:16 PM
WSI Church Elder

Awesome. Very reasonable deal for a young pitcher who is going to keep getting better. Once again, KW comes through.

Can't wait to go to What's the Score and read all the new trade angles after the signing..

Old 12-28-2005, 01:21 PM
WSI Prelate

Looks like all this 'real Jon G," crap can stop now, thank you Kdubs and Jon we wont regret this signing one bit.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:23 PM
WSI Regular

I want to start off by saying I'm very happy with the signing of Garland, but does anyone else think a possible sign & trade is in the works? I just have that feeling that this gives KW more barginning power now that he can tell teams that Garland is going to be locked up for them for 3yrs for under 30mil.

Anyone else have that feeling too or am I way off here?