White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2005, 10:33 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default Soriano to the Nats for Wilkerson, Sledge and a ML.

Gammons just reported it. Good deal for the Rangers.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:35 PM
WSI Church Elder

Link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2251887
WSI Prelate

Brad is a great acquisition for their OF, but Termell is terrible from what Ive seen of him. Hopefully the ML is a good pitcher b/c the Dodgers were offering a quality one.
WSI Regular

Crikey, I also think it's a good deal for the Rangers. Got a couple good guys in Sledge and Wilkerson.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:37 PM
WSI Church Elder

Wow, so many deals going down! Bowden sure likes his "toolsy" players. Wonder if Corey Patterson is on his radar now...
"All I wanted was to get to the World Series one time. One time. I didn't care how I got there. I'm here with these guys in body, mind and spirit. People say it's bittersweet. It's not bittersweet. It's only sweet."

-Frank Thomas, 10/15/05
Old 12-07-2005, 10:39 PM
WSI Church Elder

Sledge and Wilkerson are both outfielders right? Who plays 2b for the Rangers now?

The single greatest postgame thread ever conceived on WSI:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...ostgame+Royals
Old 12-07-2005, 10:44 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corlose 15
Sledge and Wilkerson are both outfielders right? Who plays 2b for the Rangers now?

Willie Harris
Old 12-07-2005, 10:45 PM
WSI Regular

I've always thought that the Rangers had plenty of OF's - and that was part of the reason that Mench was on the market..... well, Mench would almost certainly be traded now I guess. Maybe even to the flubs.

I do agree that it is a great deal for TX. Soriano is vastly overrated, and Wilkerson was in a down year after a good start and should bounce back pretty well.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:49 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSkilling
I've always thought that the Rangers had plenty of OF's - and that was part of the reason that Mench was on the market..... well, Mench would almost certainly be traded now I guess. Maybe even to the flubs.

I do agree that it is a great deal for TX. Soriano is vastly overrated, and Wilkerson was in a down year after a good start and should bounce back pretty well.
I still dont think Matthews is a good CF, average at best, does this move Termell to center for the time being? Delucci is also pretty mediocre in the field but is faster than anyone they currently have out there. Oh well who cares I dont like Rangers anywho.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:52 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
With Jose Vidro already entrenched at second base, it's believed that the Nationals would move Soriano to left field.
Man the nationals are just asking for trouble if they are gonna try moving him there. And in RFK stadium his power numbers are gonna drop. I really can't see how this is a good deal for them. Maybe see if Soriano can play SS instead of Christan Guzman?

I gotta think more deals are coming out of this. The rangers now have too many OF and the Nationals now have an incident waiting to happen in the middle infield.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:58 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corlose 15
Soriano has played in that position, but as for actually playing it, no way.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banix12
Man the nationals are just asking for trouble if they are gonna try moving him there. And in RFK stadium his power numbers are gonna drop. I really can't see how this is a good deal for them. Maybe see if Soriano can play SS instead of Christan Guzman?

I gotta think more deals are coming out of this. The rangers now have too many OF and the Nationals now have an incident waiting to happen in the middle infield.
Vidro gets hurt a lot the past two seasons, not playing more than 115 or so games. That's why they made to trade for Spivey last season.

And the Nationals aren't going to play in RFK forever, though it may seem like it.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:31 PM
WSI Guru

Why does everyone see this as a good deal for the Rangers? Sledge sucks, but Soriano is much better than Wilkerson. Also depends on how the pitcher turns out, but the Rangers needed pitching and would've ended up much better if they got someone like Broxton, or any kind of pitching.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:38 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodiggity59

Willie Harris
Willie for Hank Blalock or Michael Young- pull the trigger, Kenny!

"Gogh Gogh White Sox!"
Old 12-07-2005, 11:46 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack
Why does everyone see this as a good deal for the Rangers? Sledge sucks, but Soriano is much better than Wilkerson. Also depends on how the pitcher turns out, but the Rangers needed pitching and would've ended up much better if they got someone like Broxton, or any kind of pitching.
Gotta agree with you here, like you and I both said the Dodgers were offering a damn good prospect in Broxton, and Sledge is quite possibly the suckiest suck that ever sucked. You pretty much said exactly what I said the first time around but I think Brad can be a pretty explosive hitter in Arlington.