White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-06-2005, 03:42 PM
BeeBeeRichard BeeBeeRichard is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 289
Default White Sox Nation vs. Sox Army vs. ...

In considering the tags that have been applied to our loyal fan base, I came across some interesting definitions for one word that apply well to us:

The Sox Pride
(especially as it applies to a group of lions ...since we are now the kings of the jungle)

However, even the other defintions apply:
  1. A sense of one's own proper dignity or value; self-respect. (We're the champs!)
  2. Pleasure or satisfaction taken in an achievement, possession, or association. (Repeat)
  3. Arrogant or disdainful conduct or treatment; haughtiness. (Even Cubs, Indians and Twins fans will understand this after they suffer us for another 10+ months)
    1. A cause or source of pleasure or satisfaction; the best of a group or class (That's us again)
    2. The most successful or thriving condition; prime (Once more time, with gusto. Falstaff, anyone?)
  4. An excessively high opinion of oneself; conceit. (Red Sox and Yankees fans will be on the other side of this one for a change)
  5. Mettle or spirit in horses. (Horses? We've got the horses to repeat)
  6. A company of lions. (Better than Tigers, even if we're picked to finish behind them)
  7. A flamboyant or impressive group (Especially on Elvis and mullet nights)
Now come on KW, trade our big green lefthander for the Slugger from Kansas City.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-06-2005, 03:48 PM
HotelWhiteSox HotelWhiteSox is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,508
Default mainly aimed at the last sentence...

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-06-2005, 03:50 PM
buehrle4cy05 buehrle4cy05 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Oak Park
Posts: 4,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBeeRichard
Now come on KW, trade our big green lefthander for the Slugger from Kansas City.
Wait a minute...maybe I misread this, but it appears you want to trade a lefty (hello...the only lefty in our whole system that is any good now is Buehrle) for a guy who plays a position that we already have 2 people playing?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-06-2005, 03:52 PM
Chisox003 Chisox003 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,845
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by buehrle4cy05
Wait a minute...maybe I misread this, but it appears you want to trade a lefty (hello...the only lefty in our whole system that is any good now is Buehrle) for a guy who plays a position that we already have 2 people playing?
No no no.

He means Marte for Terrence Long

Duh.

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-06-2005, 04:02 PM
BeeBeeRichard BeeBeeRichard is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 289
Default Clarification

The proposed trade is:



S-O-U-T-H-P-A-W

for


S-L-U-G-G-E-R
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-06-2005, 04:07 PM
antitwins13 antitwins13 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Naperville, IL in the summer, Lamoni IA in the school year
Posts: 1,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBeeRichard
The proposed trade is:



S-O-U-T-H-P-A-W

for


S-L-U-G-G-E-R

I personally like our unofficial mascot who wears this.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-06-2005, 04:12 PM
shoelessjoe90 shoelessjoe90 is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Naperville
Posts: 145
Default

I dont really get why we have southpaw as our mascot. Why a green monster?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Iwritecode Iwritecode is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Rockford
Posts: 11,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelessjoe90
I dont really get why we have southpaw as our mascot. Why a green monster?
So he'll blend in with the seats.

What did these guys have anything to do with?

:

:
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Frater Perdurabo Frater Perdurabo is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 20,727
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Should I cell, sorry, sell (this thread)?

Your thoughts?

__________________
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-06-2005, 04:22 PM
MsSoxVixen22 MsSoxVixen22 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Glendale Heights, IL
Posts: 1,636
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode
So he'll blend in with the seats.

What did these guys have anything to do with?

:

:


Yeah....I remember the Fox as the mascot when I was younger. I wish they would have kept him.
__________________
Destiny calls
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-06-2005, 04:25 PM
MarySwiss's Avatar
MarySwiss MarySwiss is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 15,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBeeRichard
In considering the tags that have been applied to our loyal fan base, I came across some interesting definitions for one word that apply well to us:

The Sox Pride
(especially as it applies to a group of lions ...since we are now the kings of the jungle)

However, even the other defintions apply:
  1. A sense of one's own proper dignity or value; self-respect. (We're the champs!)
  2. Pleasure or satisfaction taken in an achievement, possession, or association. (Repeat)
  3. Arrogant or disdainful conduct or treatment; haughtiness. (Even Cubs, Indians and Twins fans will understand this after they suffer us for another 10+ months)
    1. A cause or source of pleasure or satisfaction; the best of a group or class (That's us again)
    2. The most successful or thriving condition; prime (Once more time, with gusto. Falstaff, anyone?)
  4. An excessively high opinion of oneself; conceit. (Red Sox and Yankees fans will be on the other side of this one for a change)
  5. Mettle or spirit in horses. (Horses? We've got the horses to repeat)
  6. A company of lions. (Better than Tigers, even if we're picked to finish behind them)
  7. A flamboyant or impressive group (Especially on Elvis and mullet nights)
Now come on KW, trade our big green lefthander for the Slugger from Kansas City.
Make a habit of reading the dictionary, do you?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-06-2005, 04:29 PM
TheDarkGundam TheDarkGundam is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bubbler Country
Posts: 2,006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antitwins13
I personally like our unofficial mascot who wears this.
Gotta love the M&M guy. He's a bad-***.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Baby Fisk Baby Fisk is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,875
Default


THIS THREAD IS
WILD!
__________________
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8633/tardis4vi9.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-06-2005, 04:46 PM
itsnotrequired itsnotrequired is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: new mexico!
Posts: 18,160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Fisk

THIS THREAD IS
WILD!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-06-2005, 06:03 PM
JohnBasedowYoda's Avatar
JohnBasedowYoda JohnBasedowYoda is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Alsip, you jealous fool
Posts: 5,727
Default

mods there should be a "this thread is confusing" tag
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.