Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2005, 09:57 PM
WSI Regular

Default Sox Pride Dvd Review

The dvd itself was really well done. It showed highlights of the whole season. Some of the interviews in it were the same as the world series dvd. It did spend alot of time on the season as a whole. Great viewing party too. Bonus features I just breezed through them now. The whole player introduction video. Although during the introductions they cut out the song that follows elk hunt, he's a pirate and put some weird song in there probably copyright reasons here but goes all the way through thunderstruck. It has the whole gogo white sox video from the scoreboard, the win or die trying video(with the clinching of the pennant) with the lord of the rings music, parade coverage and the grinder advertising tv campaign commercials. All in all pretty well done its definately a must have. Only drawback is the music being different in the intros.

Last edited by chisoxfan83; 12-05-2005 at 10:02 PM.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:11 PM
Banned

I got the DVD today from Grandstand. I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but I do like the regular season recap. The playoffs and world series were kind of breezed by. Some same footage and interviews used from the World Series Film. Actually, the Sox Pride DVD felt like a extended version of the World Series film.

I have to say, Hawk narration was awful. I love Hawk, but I didn't think this was his finest moment.

The player intros are just as they are in the park, except the Pirates of the Carrabien song isn't used. The player intros go all the way to when Gene Honda says "Sox fans its time to play ball." Only Sox fans would get a kick out of the fact the the player intros are on a DVD.

The parade footage is about 4 mins in length. Looks like it was cut footage from the WS Film. The trailer-like month by month recap used toward the end of the season and playoffs are in the special features too.

Overall, for a regular season recap this is the DVD to get, for the postseason, get the WS Film, hell, get both.

Old 12-05-2005, 10:13 PM
WSI Guru

Location: Body is in Chicago. Mind is in Salt Lake City, Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisoxmike
I got the DVD today from Grandstand.
I don't mean to hijack the thread; but, speaking of Grandstand, has anyone had any luck in getting the World Series patch there lately? I went in to get it put on my Konerko jersey, and they said that they're all sold out and won't be getting in any for a couple of weeks!

What gives?

Bucket List Tracker
States Visited: All 50
Attended an NHL game in 19/31 NHL cities
Attended Mass at 11/32 Archdiocese Cathedrals (Next: Mobile, AL 2/16)

I really love Salt Lake City
Old 12-05-2005, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisoxfanatic
I don't mean to hijack the thread; but, speaking of Grandstand, has anyone had any luck in getting the World Series patch there lately? I went in to get it put on my Konerko jersey, and they said that they're all sold out and won't be getting in any for a couple of weeks!

What gives?
I saw them on the wall in the back. Are you looking for the WS logo that they wore during the WS?
Old 12-05-2005, 10:15 PM
WSI Church Elder

Nice party. Good too see Bobby and Neal... Roper was pretty funny.
Good crowd...

Photo attached.

Last edited by Law11; 07-24-2006 at 08:44 AM.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:16 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
I saw them on the wall in the back. Are you looking for the WS logo that they wore during the WS?
Yep. And the same one that ChiSoxGirl got put on her jacket.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yep. And the same one that ChiSoxGirl got put on her jacket.
I think I saw them there. I went from Comiskey Park to Grandstand so I saw a lot of merchandise in in short time.

PS- The field looks strange with snow covering it and the seats torn out with the lights off.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:19 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
I think I saw them there. I went from Comiskey Park to Grandstand so I saw a lot of merchandise in in short time.

PS- The field looks strange with snow covering it and the seats torn out with the lights off.
What's their hours? And will they allow me to see my season ticket seat for next year?
Old 12-05-2005, 10:19 PM
WSI Regular

Great time tonight... loved the SOX PRIDE DVD... Never Thought I would be taking a pic with the WS Trophy. I wanted to pick it up and hold it over my head...
Old 12-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
What's their hours? And will they allow me to see my season ticket seat for next year?
10-6. Your seat may not be there. But Heather, do you really not know what the view is from your seat?
Old 12-05-2005, 10:21 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
10-6. Your seat may not be there.
Ok, kool! I might have to go on over tomorrow while I am out looking at the WORLD SERIES TROPHY at Navy Pier after work!
Old 12-05-2005, 10:23 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
10-6. Your seat may not be there. But Heather, do you really not know what the view is from your seat?
It's for sentimental reasons.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:24 PM
WSI High Priest

I felt it was a prequel per say of the World Series video. I expected more regular season footage as this was the White Sox season in review. My friend never seen the World Series film, and he wondered why the Uribe catch wasn't on the Sox Pride show. I just wish I get there early enough to get a pic with the trophy. In any case, it was nice to get together to celebrate a championship. I can't wait for next year's premiere.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:36 PM
Banned

At a card show late weekend I saw a bunch of 2005 WS patches. $15 I think. The next show is on Wed. If anybody wants one let me know. I live in the LA/OC area.

I also want to thank whoever mentioned that Buffalo Roam store was having a sale on White Sox WS items. I got the lockerroom shirt and a long sleeve WS champions shirt for the price of one lockerroom shirt.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:59 PM
WSI Regular

Location: Thousand Oaks, CA (originally from South Side of Chicago)

Went to the DVD party tonight - I thought Sox Pride was great! It will be nice to add it to the collection. The party was fun and it was a blast watching the DVD with a lively crowd. Getting our picture with the World Series trophy made the night perfect!