White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2005, 02:08 PM
WSI Regular

Default A CF Possibility

Word out of San Diego is that the Padres are looking for starting pitching and might be willing to trade Mike Cameron since they resign Brian Giles..

I would love to see Mike Cameron back in a Sox uniform..
Old 12-04-2005, 02:21 PM
WSI Prelate

Brian Anderson.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:22 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilsox7
Brian Anderson.
This will not end until BA proves everyone wrong.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:24 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesox4ever
Word out of San Diego is that the Padres are looking for starting pitching and might be willing to trade Mike Cameron since they resign Brian Giles..

I would love to see Mike Cameron back in a Sox uniform..
It's funny, I was just saying to someone the other day, "You know, I really wish we had someone on our team who really had a legitimate shot at striking out 200 times next season."
WSI Regular

Would also love to get Mark Loretta from the Padres to be our super utily guy
Everybody's All-American

Quote:
Brian Anderson.
Thank you. I'm tired of seeing all these threads about who should play CF. We have the talent in the minors. It's time they showed their abilities.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives- Jackie Robinson

www.twitter.com/Spawn_03
Old 12-04-2005, 02:27 PM
WSI Regular

Thome strikes out alot more than Cameron does but I bet you are happy that he is on the Sox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
It's funny, I was just saying to someone the other day, "You know, I really wish we had someone on our team who really had a legitimate shot at striking out 200 times next season."
Old 12-04-2005, 02:29 PM
WSI Regular

Brian Anderson will be a good 4th OF on the Sox next year since we dont have a good 4th OF yet.. So why not upgrade the CF spot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn
Thank you. I'm tired of seeing all these threads about who should play CF. We have the talent in the minors. It's time they showed their abilities.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:31 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Thome strikes out alot more than Cameron does but I bet you are happy that he is on the Sox
This was a really stupid comment. The difference between Mike Cameron and Jim Thome? A few HUNDRED home runs. 35 points in batting average. And 60+ points in OBP. Seriously, you lose credibility with comments like these.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:33 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Do I really need to get into the difference in Offensive production of those two? C'mon, WS4E, you're reaching.

EDIT: Beat me to it, ilsox7.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:35 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
This was a really stupid comment. The difference between Mike Cameron and Jim Thome? A few HUNDRED home runs. 35 points in batting average. And 60+ points in OBP. Seriously, you lose credibility with comments like these.
He's just defending his original stupid comment that suggested replacing Brian Anderson with Mike Cameron.

It's a slippery slope of stupid comments!

BA = CF.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:36 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Brian Anderson will be a good 4th OF on the Sox next year since we dont have a good 4th OF yet.. So why not upgrade the CF spot.
Every player in MLB was a rookie at some point. If the Sox refused to play rookies, where would we be? With McCarthy still in AAA? Bobby Jenks still at Birmingham? Should we get another starting pitcher so we don't run the risk of having a rookie in the rotation? Send Jenks back to the minors for more seasoning?

They have to play sometime if we're ever going to find out if they're any good. Let Anderson play. If the only worry we have is one spot in our lineup (and it's not a worry if he'll be adequate, it's a worry if he'll be good or great) then I'll take my chances.

As ilsox7 said..."Brian Anderson."
Old 12-04-2005, 02:36 PM
WSI Regular

Baseball is not all offense.. Cameron is one of the top defensive outfielders and will give the Sox alot of speed in the lineup..

Did I say anything about Thome being a bad ball player all I mention is that he strikeouts just as much as Cameron does.

Quote:
Old 12-04-2005, 02:38 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Baseball is not all offense.. Cameron is one of the top defensive outfielders and will give the Sox alot of speed in the lineup..

Did I say anything about Thome being a bad ball player all I mention is that he strikeouts just as much as Cameron does.
Have you read any of the scouting reports about BA or seen him play on a consistent basis in the minor leagues? There is one thing that translates to almost a 100% rate from the minor leagues to the major leagues and that is defense. Every report on BA from people who see him play a lot is that he is a "gold glove" caliber outfielder and better than Rowand.

Also, striking out is a LOT more acceptable when you hit 40 HR's, hit .280 and get on base 40% of the time. Mike Cameron does not come close to doing any of these things.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:41 PM
WSI Prelate

Holy ****! Mike Cameron made over $7MM last year. Assuming his contract is consistent or escalates, you seriously want to bring in this guy for over $7MM? When BA will probably be better than him for the league minimum.