White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2005, 05:27 PM
New At WSI

Default The real deal about chris young

I was reading the fourm and some was asking why chris was drafted so low in the draft. Some one said his size ect..... To set the record right he was drafted 16th because of his arm brake in the last game of high school. He would have went higher but everyone was concerned about his arm. I know becuase I know chris and his mother. I have known chris sence he was at least 10. If chris keeps up this pace yes he will go the majors. you guys dont know he is so focussed. I will see chris soon if you have any question fill free to ask.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:40 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngs hommie
I was reading the fourm and some was asking why chris was drafted so low in the draft. Some one said his size ect..... To set the record right he was drafted 16th because of his arm brake in the last game of high school. He would have went higher but everyone was concerned about his arm. I know becuase I know chris and his mother. I have known chris sence he was at least 10. If chris keeps up this pace yes he will go the majors. you guys dont know he is so focussed. I will see chris soon if you have any question fill free to ask.
Would be curious to hear how he felt the end of the season went in Birmingham for him, as he was on fire. Also, what the experience in the Arizona Fall League was like for him. And on last one, where does he see himself on opening day 2006.

Thanks.

Broken arm was part of it, definitely. But he was what, 145 pounds soaking wet coming out of HS?
Old 11-07-2005, 07:01 PM
New At WSI

Chris had to have a plate in his arm that was a very bad brake. and to still get drafted that is good. It takes time to get over that emotionally. They also lost the game after that. they had scouts their. it was a champion ship game. The last game leading to I think state. His step father says its talk about doing something soon with his career. I wont hear form Chris until he comes home for the holidays
Old 11-07-2005, 11:03 PM
WSI Personality

Question: Does Chris feel he's ready for major league pitching? And, how did Chris feel about being talked about in a trade for Ken Griffey Jr? [Tell Chris I'm glad as heck he's still with us!]
Old 11-08-2005, 12:05 AM
WSI Prelate

How does Chris feel about being nominated for the Stenson Award (hopefully he'll have one by the time u ask him)?
Old 11-08-2005, 08:49 AM
New At WSI

knowing how Chris is and his attitude what ever position you put him in, he will adapt. I have not asked him that question about major league pitching. I guess when I talk to Chris I will sound like a sports interviewer. Chris separates personal life from baseball very well. when he is at home he is quite and polite. when he is on the field its all business. I will talk to him this weekend and have some answers