Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2005, 01:48 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbG
"GROUP FOUR!"

Still wish I knew who said, "By the way, I was safe." That was classic.
Pretty sure that was AJ.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:49 PM
WSI Personality

The most unintentionally funny thing I heard was when Hawk was speaking during the rally a lady, with her sister, brother, husband, and mother, and her face painted with the Sox logo and they were sitting out by corner of LaSalle and Wacker since 7am... This lady who was a "Big-time Sox Fan" turned to me and asked who was talking. I replied, "Oh that's Hawk Harrelson." Her followup question was, "Who's that?"

My facial expression must have looked like I was going to hit her or something because she took a step back when I looked at her. I did however calmly respond that Hawk was the television broadcaster the whole season... and the previous 12 or so years.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbG
"Still wish I knew who said, "By the way, I was safe." That was classic.
was that muttered during someones speech?
Old 11-03-2005, 12:14 PM
WSI High Priest

If you watch the highlight packages of the post season....it's pretty funny watching Ozzie trying to control himself (ie. be "managerial") after some of the big homers (Iguchi's in Game 2 of the ALDS, Konerko's in Boston, Konerko's slam, Dye's HR off Clemens, Blum's in the 14th, etc.)...you watch his body language...he wants to go absolutely nuts...but he stuffs his hands in his pockets to control himself.
2005-2016 Record: 56-44
MLB Parks Visited: 25, MiLB Parks Visited: 18
Old 11-03-2005, 12:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBasedowYoda
was that muttered during someones speech?
At the very end, I'm sure it was AJ.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:42 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichFitztightly
The most unintentionally funny thing I heard was when Hawk was speaking during the rally a lady, with her sister, brother, husband, and mother, and her face painted with the Sox logo and they were sitting out by corner of LaSalle and Wacker since 7am... This lady who was a "Big-time Sox Fan" turned to me and asked who was talking. I replied, "Oh that's Hawk Harrelson." Her followup question was, "Who's that?"

My facial expression must have looked like I was going to hit her or something because she took a step back when I looked at her. I did however calmly respond that Hawk was the television broadcaster the whole season... and the previous 12 or so years.
I had a similar experience at the airport after they won the pennant. This really annoying, 50-ish year old woman was standing next to me, making really stupid comments the entire time and cheering her head off for every car that exited. Then after the car was gone she'd turn to me and ask, "Who was that?"
Old 11-03-2005, 11:15 PM
WSI High Priest

Noticed this sign while watching a replay of the rally: "I Want to Go to 3rd Base w/Crede!"...
Old 11-04-2005, 12:57 AM
WSI High Priest

I found this humorous:
At U of I this Halloween, I went dressed up as a "white sox player". Had my cap with the world series logo on the side, and my generic jersey with no name on the back. Anyway, I'm kind of a heavier guy, and about 90% of the people I saw on the street or in parties though I was going as Bobby Jenks. The rest thought Buehrle cause I hadn't shaved in a while. The fact that everyone automatically assumed I was Bobby Jenks was funny to me, but then one guy asked who I was, and I replied either Jenks or Buehlre. He said "be Buehrle because I think Jenks is gay". I told this to some other guys at the party and they wanted me to point him out so they could kick his butt.Very entertaining evening.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:20 PM
New At WSI

One of the funnier things I saw the night the Sox won...

I'm at Idols on Dundee in Palatine waiting for a drink at the bar when an older guy at the bar in front of me hears his phone ring, checks the caller ID and sees "kids" pop up on the screen, and promptly puts the phone back in his pocket, takes a swig from his beer, and returns to watching the game. Talk about dedication.
"Sometimes men come by the name of genius in the same way that certain insects come by the name of centipede. not because they have a hundred feet, but because most people can't count above fourteen."
Old 11-07-2005, 03:00 PM
WSI Regular

I was at The Sports Authority this weekend trying to buy a birthday present for my friend's one-year-old. Of course, I wanted to get him some kind of World Championship gear, but couldn't find any baby stuff. So I went up to the counter and asked the girl if they had any.

"Um, no, I don't think we got any in...." and then she adds, very enthusiastically, "but we do have Cubs baby stuff!"
D'oh!

OK, rivalry aside, how do you work at The Sports Authority and not know that 4th place team gear is NOT an acceptable alternative to World Champion team gear????
Old 11-07-2005, 03:12 PM
WSI Church Elder

Old 11-09-2005, 09:43 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOXintheBURGH
At the very end, I'm sure it was AJ.
Having driven all the way from Dayton, Ohio to see the parade and not getting a good spot, if you watch the replay, which I have Ch. 2, 5, and Fox, you see AJ grab the mics and say it. CLASSIC.

I was at the corner of Waker and Clark where there were about 20 people that climbed a billboard to get a better seat. There weren't any speakers at that end of the street, so we left early.

I'll get a better spot NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!