And away we go...

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2005, 12:49 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by steff
I was LMAO at that also. They were just talking over each other. Near the end of the night it was obvious that Oz was getting irritated.
A couple other great ones were Mark Giangreco (I think) standing next to Joe Crede and waiting for him to get off his cell phone so he could interview him. Mark was staring at him forever and got pissed that he was blown off.

Another was Pierzynski saying that he had to go because he wanted to spend some time with his teammates. Gail Fisher tried to yell out another question and was blown off. I think she was pissed too.

I hate the intrusive media.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:51 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madvora
I hate the intrusive media.
See that's the point. Now they want a piece of the action. Now they want to talk about the team. Now they want to write something cool.

The Sox kept it real like they have all year, did the media thing but made it about what it has been about all year - the team.

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 10-17-2005, 12:53 PM
WSI Guru

The best interview of the night was when KW yelled at Pat Boyle on Comcast for asking about resigning PK. Great stuff.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:54 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26
The best interview of the night was when KW yelled at Pat Boyle on Comcast for asking about resigning PK. Great stuff.
These are some good ones from Oz in print..

On the street value of a World Series ring: "You cannot buy a World Series ring on the streets. Ask Alex Rodriguez, he's got millions of dollars and no rings. That's why I say, 'God bless Derek Jeter. He's got a lot of money and a lot of rings.' "

On his next career: "Oh, I got a lot of jobs. Maybe not analyst on ESPN, because my English is not that good. I would sit next to Jerry [Reinsdorf] and criticize the players. That's an easy job."

On why he would write only a few reports when scouting the minor leagues: "In the minor leagues, you got three good players. Why do I have to send a report on the other 22?"
Old 10-17-2005, 01:04 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzipio
OK Unregistered, you tell me why that's funny. I'm guessing the same reason Lumpyspun's picture is "funny."
Hey chief, take it easy, we just won the pennant, its alright to be happy!

I was at the bar last night and this real drunk dumbass started going crazy when they flashed back to Joe Crede's previous homerun, the whole bar looked at him like he was some kind of dumbass. They were especially on edge because at this point we were losing. Sure enough next pitch Crede killed that hanging curve. Not so much funny, but it made me chuckle at the bar.

Your city blows and nobody gives a ****, get a hint. Its no different than Atlanta, just colder with more obnoxious fans.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:05 PM
WSI Personality

I think Carl on Channel 9 was funny, cause he was already blasted not 30 minutes after the game. You could tell in his eyes and the way he was talking.

Some intentional humor:
I liked when someone came over to tell Ozzie his wife was on the phone and he brought it over. After saying hi he looked at the media and said "Thank you, Mr. Bush."
Old 10-17-2005, 01:05 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madvora
A couple other great ones were Mark Giangreco (I think) standing next to Joe Crede and waiting for him to get off his cell phone so he could interview him. Mark was staring at him forever and got pissed that he was blown off.
Seeing how smug Mark was during the "collapse" in September, and his attitude towards the Sox in general, I don't know why anyone would even bother to talk to him.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:07 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26
"come on now, I'm not going to get into that, it's time to celebrate"

Let me tell you, Howard Sudberry was the king of talking over everyone. He got all the interviews (he had a runner or producer or some intern snatching people up, getting interviews). He kept talking over Corey Mcpherrin, Ryan Baker, Giangreco, Fisher, Boyle. He still got the best looking interviews though. but Levine got the best interviews. Something about following the team gives the interviews some teeth.

Dan Roan was such a wuss. He let everyone walk all over him sticking a mike in other people's interview. Non-intrusive but in a way, I like that. Rich King correcting Jackie Bange was funny too.

At the desk, Mark Schanowski was the best. Mark Malone and Blanzy can't relate. Rob Johnson was the best non sports desk person. He's always correcting his co-anchors (ie. White Sox are the "division champs", then Rob says AL champs.) He's the consumate pro.

I had 3 dvr's going and was flipping through all of them. re-living the moment over and over.

Last edited by spongyfungy; 10-17-2005 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:11 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownhawkfan
Hey chief, take it easy, we just won the pennant, its alright to be happy!

OK, sorry. I'm at work and seriously sleep deprived. I saw it as a slap at Carl and didn't want anybody dissing any of the guys.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:13 PM
WSI Personality

Don't feel sorry for Dan Roan, he made sure he had that WGN9 flag flying high on the Comcast feed, sticking it right in everybody's face and the cameras.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:17 PM
Banned

During the team pictue on the field Crede didn't have a cigar so he snatched one out of the mouth of the person next to him and started puffing away.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:18 PM
WSI Church Elder

I kept cracking up everytime they showed Ozzie's (underaged) kids downing cans of Miller Lite Yeehaa!
Old 10-17-2005, 01:19 PM
Banned

i think it's kind of funny watching podsednik do an interview. invariably he says the same things over and over. "i can't say enough about our pitching staff.." and the "i don't have the words to describe it"
Old 10-17-2005, 01:30 PM
Banned

Default Funniest comment

Came from my 86 yr old mother when she called me after the game. "Why do they have that Everet in there, he just flies out and strikes out. He must be a good fielder, then."

I cracked up. She never really accepted the DH rule.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:44 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzipio
OK, sorry. I'm at work and seriously sleep deprived. I saw it as a slap at Carl and didn't want anybody dissing any of the guys.
No problem man...we're cool