White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 11:40 AM
WSI Regular

This is dedicated to my Grandpa to be able to view a World Series Winner in his lifetime. I thought about you when the last out was recorded. Celebrate Grandpa this one's for you!
Old 11-06-2005, 12:58 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default Chicago Sox fans

Too me, words such as loyalty, respect, and honor have meaning that go beyond their definitions in a dictionary.

With that said, I dedicate this championship season to all Sox fans, past and present, from the great city of Chicago. It was they who stayed loyal and true to a team through the lean, difficult years, and it was their dedication that helped keep the Sox on the south side. Chicagoans who've stayed the course with the Sox will always have my respect and gratitude. It was quite an honor to watch this team from the first pitch in spring training to the final out on October 26th.

Thank you.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:24 PM
Banned

To all the old timer White Sox fans I used to see at Comiskey during the Lopez and Stanky years. They came of age at a time when the Sox struggled as perennial also rans. Many kept meticulous score cards while they cheered on their Sox. In their old age they were rewarded with one pennant and lots of "almost" years. They would have enjoyed this so much, and we Sox fans can never thank them enough for their long term loyalty and devotion to an enterprise that was a cause just as much as their favorite baseball team.

To my father, who despite everything that happened between us is still the one responsible for me becoming a Chicago White Sox fan.

To my wife for being the only person to share this magical October with me in the alien landscape where we now reside.

Most of all, to the 2005 White Sox for not caring about or being intimidated by "history". For paving the way to a new exciting era of team play in the post steroids era. For making us all so relieved, proud and oh so very happy. Go go go 2005 White Sox. Chicago is proud of you.

Last edited by PaulDrake; 11-06-2005 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:37 PM
WSI Regular

Default To My Family

I have thought about this for a while...First to my Dad and two Grandfathers, thank you for the wonderful memories at the old park..My Mom and my Uncle who taught me loyalty thru the bad years and God knows there were plenty of those..They told me stick with them because they are your team...Every April thinking this is the year..Well finally it was our year, it was a great ride and by the way how about a couple more!!!!...
Old 11-06-2005, 07:06 PM
WSI Regular

To every true white sox fan I know or have known, who deserve this one and so many more. We waited our whole lives for this and we all got to see it from one vantage point or another.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:34 PM
WSI Personality

This championship is dedicated to all those years spent watching losing baseball. To Joe Jackson, who was not quite bright enough to figure what he was getting into in 1919, and to Buck Weaver, who probably didn't deserve what he got. Most importantly, this is for Chicago, deprived of a World Series winner for 88 years. To the start of a dynasty not seen since Michael Jordan, this championship is dedicated to Kenny Williams and Ozzie Guillen for making this possible. Those two deserve the most credit out of anybody. Once again, thank you so much, this feels unreal and I will savor it forever.

CHAMPIONS

21 May 2008
Old 11-06-2005, 08:40 PM
WSI Regular

To the City of Chicago, and White Sox fans worldwide.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:08 PM
WSI Regular

Default A long awaited gift

To my Grandmother and Grandfather, Anne and Forbes, orignally from Joliet, who took their young kids to games as children, and persevered through years of losing baseball, never letting their hopes of a World Series winner perish. I only wish they could have been here in 2005 to see this...the Chicago White Sox in all of their glory...

Let's hear it for those 2005 White Sox! This one is just for you, Grandma and Grandpa! I felt you both watching...

Do not dissapoint this man.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:48 PM
WSI Personality

For my "Yonder Father" - a true baseball man through and through. Lived and breathed the sport, but not always in your typical fashion. He loved statistics, and bought Bill James' books religously. Many times as a kid I would catch him deep in those books, hanging on every technical detail.

My most cherished memory of my dad was his constant belittling of Reggie Jackson. Not only did he consider him one of the biggest jerks to ever play the game, but reminded me, on MANY occasions, that yes, he did hit 563 HR in his career, but struckout 2597 times! For those that don't know, this was an AMAZING stat since for years Willie Stargell, second place on the list, only had 1936. Of course, now "Shamming Sammy" was amassed 2194 K's in his "enhanced" career to take over second place - something for me to howl about to my son!

For some reason, although he grew up in East Chicago, he was a loyal Reds fan. So although he passed on in 2003, at least he could enjoy a wire-to-wire title with his team in 1990.

I also dedicate this championship to my son, who thanks to this glorious run has become a RABID Sox fan, and I can't wait to start enjoying many WINNING years of White Sox baseball with him!

In addition, cheers to ALL you Sox fans, young and old, and those who have passed on before us for sticking with the team through some very thin years. Also my heartfelt gratitude to all those great WSI fans I met at Puffer's during those final, wonderful games.

Finally, thanks to the players who brought it home. You have forever rid this generation of living with the stygma of another stat that always astounded my dad - SO many years without any championships for BOTH Chicago teams! Watching you during the playoffs was at times stressful and almost unbearable, but in the end I have nothing but SWEET memories to savor the rest of my days.

GO-GO WHITE SOX - WE ARE ALL PROUD OF YOU!!!
Old 11-07-2005, 07:05 AM
Webmaster - French Fryer

Thank you to everyone who added their dedication. They will be part of the book "This Sox championship is dedicated to..." to be published later this year. More details to follow.

The thread is now closed.
Closed Thread