White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 01:36 AM
WSI High Priest

My grandfather Gilbert who lived in Chicago Heights as a diehard Sox fan listening to games on his transistor radio never getting to see a day like we just witnessed today. I never had the opportunity to meet him but he is the reason my father and Uncle are Sox fans, and thusly they passed it down to me. This championship is for you and my Grandmother.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
Old 10-27-2005, 01:41 AM
Soxfan35

To my Grandpa, Fred. He was the only other member of my family who is a die hard sports fan. My mom keeps telling me about how excited he was in 1959 and how she even at 5 years old remembers Nellie and the rest of the team.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:54 AM
WSI Personality

Congrats to my grandfathers and uncles who made us root for the true Chicago team - the Southside Irish White Sox!! They are resting in peace...and having a few cold ones tonight!

Old 10-27-2005, 02:00 AM
WSI Regular

This one is for my Grandpa who played for the White Sox in their farm system in the 40's; who has waited his whole life for this and finally gets to see it.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:01 AM
WSI Regular

I would like to dedicate this championship to the loyal and die-hard Sox fans in the evening of their lives. You have waited long for this. Enjoy it and be there when the flag is raised on Opening Day to see your dream come true.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:06 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadscout
This World Championship is dedicated to my Grandpa, a life long Sox fan and one of the greatest human beings to ever walk this earth… Unfortunately he died a couple years back to an extremely rare liver disease that only 1 out of 100,000 to get it are male.

My most precious memories of him are watching Sox games with him on TV and going out to the back yard playing catch or hitting… If it wasn’t for him I wouldn’t be a Sox fan, nor love this sport as much as I do. Now I’m heading into my 3rd year as a High School baseball assistant/ pitching coach, although I have Cerebral Palsy.

Though he isn’t here to witness what he waited all his life for, I’m sure he’s up in heaven celebrating like crazy.

All this joy and happiness is dedicated to my Grandpa, I miss him and wish he was here to share this with…

Who do you dedicate this Championship to?
To You
Old 10-27-2005, 02:10 AM
WSI Guru

To my father, he may have passed away this past July but he always imbued me with a love of sports. I learned that from him. He was a die hard sports fan, and although he wasn't a huge fan of either Chicago team, he let me make the decision myself. I chose the Sox, but it was he who brought to my first Sox game, my first Cubs game, my first Cards game; my first playoff games in 1993 and 2000; and obviously oh so much more.

Dad, this one's for you. Too bad you couldn't have lived three more months to see this.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:12 AM
WSI Personality

To my aunt Tonia. She took me to my first Sox game when I was 9 years old.

She would be loving this moment.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:14 AM
Banned

all of us fans who stayed true to our Sox; who NEVER wavered or doubted this team was built for this very moment; to those who stood fearless in the face of the multitudes of Dark Clouds in September and said "Bah! We will be playing when it really counts!" and believed it!

And to all of The Morons and Mediots and Dark Clouds and Wussies: We fart in your general direction!
Old 10-27-2005, 02:17 AM
WSI Church Elder

I've posted it several times before, but this one is for my Dad who passed in January, he was the first thing that came to mind when that final out was made, tears of joy and tears of wishing Dad was here in person, but I know he's celebrating somewhere right now. This is for you Dad, the Sox finally did it.

Last edited by 4th Gen. Sox Fan; 10-29-2005 at 03:37 PM.
Banned

It's in my sig, but I'll repost it here:

October 26th, 2005. 13,774 days have passed since Red Faber went the distance to beat the New York Giants in Game 6 of the 1917 World Series. My grandfather's eyes saw so much history, from the stock market crash to WWII to man's first steps on the moon... but he never saw his favorite team win the World Series. This is for you, grandpa. I'll see you soon at River Hills, with a shot of blackberry brandy... trying to fight the tears back.
WSI Church Elder

My Grandpa, Ken who passed away in 1998. I'll be going down to Mount Greenwood to put a Sox flag on his grave this weekend.

Old 10-27-2005, 02:18 AM
WSI Regular

To my beloved wife. We first met and fall in love in south side Chicago. Attending 3 the White Sox opening days (2000-2002), seeing the excitement of 2000 season together, and watching this year's incredible run together. My memory to White Sox would never be complete without you. I love you, BB.

Last edited by ferdinandshen; 10-28-2005 at 04:07 PM.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:20 AM
WSI 2013 NFL Pick'em Contest Winner

EVERYONE IS DEDICATING THIS TO THEIR GRANDPAS AND DADS IM GONNA GO A STEP FURTHER I DEDICATE THIS TO ANYONE WHO PAID TO SEE THIS FRANCHISE BACK IN 1918 THROUGH TODAY. WHETHER YOUR A GRANDPARENT WITH 50 GRANDCHILDREN OR THE GUY SITTING AT THE CORNER WEARING AN AUTHENTIC RIPPED UP 1990 WSOX SHIRT WITH A SIGN "WILL WORK FOR FOOD." BASICALLY ANYONE WHO GAVE A DAMN ABOUT THE FRANCHISE THAT SUPPOSEDLY HAD NO FANS OR APPEAL. ESPECIALLY FOR THOSE OF YOU OVER SEAS OR KILLED IN ACTION, YOUR THE ONES MAKING THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE SO THESE BALL PLAYERS CAN MAKE YOUR DREAM COME THROUGH. FOR THAT I DEDICATE THIS WIN TO ALL OF US, AND THANK ALL OF YOU, WE MAY HAVE MOMENTS OF DISAGREEMENT OR FIGHTING BUT WE ARE A BIG OLE FAMILY OF BROTHERS AND SISTERS AND I LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE YOU.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:34 AM
WSI Regular

I dedicate this to my dad, who was a life long Sox fan and in the 85 years he lived only saw the Sox in the 59 series. my last memory of him is watching the Sox game together the day before he died this last june. We will be decorating His grave this weekend with World Champion White Sox flags. I know he' hes enjoying tonight in heaven with all the dearly departed White Sox fans. I wish I could have celebratedwith him.
Closed Thread