White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 06:09 PM
WSI Regular

Default TO BE PUBLISHED!!! This championship is dedicated to...

Who do YOU dedicate this Sox championship to?
Post your sentiments here and see them published in a book dedicated to Sox Fans for the holidays!

White Sox Interactive is cooperating with an independent book publisher to make the posts in this thread available as a book to become a lasting and personal keepsake of what made the 2005 Sox world championship so special. You can have your dedication published by merely adding your sentiments to this thread to be published later this fall.

And here is the best part: 100 percent of the revenue generated by White Sox Interactive is being donated to charity. Furthermore the publisher has pledged a portion of his receipts to the same cause, Chicago Baseball Cancer Charities, in conjunction with Children's Memorial Foundation and the Northwestern Memorial Foundation.

WSI is staffed 100 percent by Sox Fan volunteers. Here is your chance to join us in dedicating this extraordinary Sox baseball season to those most important in your life -- along with hundreds of your fellow Sox Fans -- and see the results help the worthy cause of cancer research here in Chicago.

And yes, the book will be available for sale in time for the holidays. No Sox Fan's sock can truly be filled without this book containing your words of dedication inside.

God Bless our Chicago White Sox and Thank You for helping make this dedication an extra special one!

-- George Bova
on behalf of the the volunteer staff of Sox Fans at White Sox Interactive

Be sure to contact all of your Sox Fan friends and acquaintances and invite them to post their dedication too, while this thread is still open!

HURRY! Thread to be closed Sunday, November 6!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is my first post here, and I do not in ANYWAY intend to bring down the excitement of todays celebrations. I just wanted to address all of those Sox fans who aren't with us today. I for one know growing up on the northside I wouldn't be a Sox fan had it not been for my dad. So wherever your at today Dad, I hope you and Grandpa are enjoying this as much as you and I did in 2000, and 1993. I was only a year old in 1983.

Bill Aqua

Last edited by PaleHoseGeorge; 11-01-2005 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:15 PM
WSI Regular

Great Thread! To My Old Man Who Passed away back in February, He is the reason why I am a Sox Fan!

Last edited by PINWHEELS; 09-29-2005 at 06:24 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:18 PM
WSI Church Elder

To my professional mentor who chided me (he was a Clevelander). Boy I wish I could chide him right now. He passed on in March.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:20 PM
Banned

Location: Naperville, IL in the summer, Lamoni IA in the school year

This is for my grandfather who is a Royals fan to whom I cheered against just to spite him which eventually turned me into being a die hard Sox fan.

Last edited by antitwins13; 11-01-2005 at 06:36 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:20 PM
WSI Personality

My uncle, who took me to sox games when i was a kid back in indiana, died last month. He never got to see a sox championship. Hopefully he'll get to see one real soon from somewhere up there.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:21 PM
WSI Prelate

Good thread. I'm sure a lot of us owe our allegiance to our ancestors. My Grandma Boyd has been dead for more than 30 years and my dad for 23, but I have no doubt they're up there right now--probably drinking a Bud with Little Nell and dancing an Irish jig!

Allow me to join you!

Edit: Had to add my brother Bobby Boyd, my partner-in-crime, with whom I spent many years going to Comiskey when we were teenagers, hopping on the El after school. The day after the Sox won the 2005 Series, he e-mailed me that he still wasn't totally convinced we'd win!

THAT's a Sox fan!

Edit again: My dad, Rollo Boyd, would have been 83 on October 28, 2005, the day of the rally. And I'm getting the wobbly chin again, on his behalf.

Last edited by MarySwiss; 10-31-2005 at 06:50 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:22 PM
WSI Personality

To my grandmother who raised my dad a sox fan which was passed on to me. One of my fave parts of visiting chi-town as a younster was knowing that after the 12 hour drive from hell every summer she'd have the game on the TV for me and fill me in on what I'd missed
Old 09-29-2005, 08:46 PM
WSI Church Elder

To my grandfather Larson, who attended game 1 of the 1959 World Series
with my mother. He was 7 years old when the White Sox won the World
Series in 1917, and died in 1969.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:48 PM
WSI High Priest

To my grandpa that started three generations of Sox fandom. He fought in WWII with a Sox pennant in his pack, and he came home to raise my father as a Sox fan. The man passed away in 1990 without ever seeing his boys win a world series. I hope he's got a good seat for what's coming this year.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:01 PM
WSI Regular

You're going to make me cry people.

To the long list of great Sox fans before us...

Please add my Dad, who shared his love of all things Sox with me, until I was 19...

Dad passed away suddenly on 1/27/83. I'm told the last conversation he had was about an offseason Sox trade. I was so torn apart I couldn't bear to watch one pitch in 1983 and missed the entire season.

He would be ECSTATIC today.
WSI Personality

Post The ONLY team

To my Dad who when I was 7 years old, whipped out a newspaper from October 1st 1956 with the news of Don Larsen's no-hitter on the back page. This made me a baseball fan. Then he took out the paper with the headline that stated the Sox had clinched in '59. He also showed me the many ticket stubs he had collected from his going to games that year. This made me a Sox fan. He died one month before new Sox park would open. I love you DAD. And I miss you.
WSI Church Elder

In 1983 we stood in line at Comiskey all night long to get playoff tickets. Rob kept us laughing and around dawn he went for doughnuts. Gone way too young -- may perpetual light shine upon him.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:05 PM
WSI Personality

Post Sox connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbG
You're going to make me cry people ..............I was so torn apart I couldn't bear to watch one pitch in 1983 and missed the entire season. He would be ECSTATIC today.
I feel ya. I didn't watch one game that first season in the new park. And he would be yelling and bragging at my c-- fan mother.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:06 PM
WSI Regular

This is one of the more poignant threads I have seen on WSI. Thanks for starting it.

My grandfather, John, one of the orginal dark clouds is watching this and smiling wide. He taught an entire family to root for the sox and we are carrying on his legacy in style.

My aunt Georgeanna, who was taken way too soon from us is smiling at her daughter who is as big a Sox fan as any one of us and has to do deal with all of the Yankee fans she lives near. I hope this gives her some joy as well.

To all of those Sox fans who are thinking of family and friends departed, drink one tonight in honor of them .

For John and Anna Go Sox.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:07 PM
WSI Personality

To my Grandpa Rocco, who took me to every home game as a kid. He introduced me to the scorecard, the hotdog, and sweet sound of "Harold, Harold!"

Scott Podsednik
"...he could be a nice bench player...he's going to do quite well in helping Minnesota win another AL Central crown."
Freddy Garcia
"Garcia is not a bad pitcher, but he's not much better than an average one."
Jon Garland
"The White Sox take pride in noting that Jon Garland is now their fifth starter, which obscures the fact that he pitches like a fifth starter."
Closed Thread