White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2001, 11:20 AM
Sanitation Engineer

Quote:
Originally posted by Soxboyrob

Appier for Lee seems pretty fair to me. Appier has been excellent for the last couple of seasons. He's under contract for a fair price, he eats innings at a rate of about 200 per season, and by the time Lee learns how to play defense and starts to hit as well as we've hoped he would, he becomes arbitration eligible and then a free agent. Frankly, I don't like the idea of spending lots of money on Carlos Lee. I'll take the wiley veteran pitcher, Appier, any day of the week.
I'd take Appier over Kenny Rogers, but I sure as hell would not give up Carlos Lee for him. Maybe I've seen the Sox bring in too many pitchers with big names & bad numbers over the past few years. Dave Stieb, Doug Drabek, Tim Belcher, David Wells, among others.
Old 12-11-2001, 11:22 AM
WSI Church Elder

Boomer had dinner with Stenbrenner yesterday. He just keeps close to those people.
Old 12-11-2001, 11:31 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

I'd take Appier over Kenny Rogers, but I sure as hell would not give up Carlos Lee for him. Maybe I've seen the Sox bring in too many pitchers with big names & bad numbers over the past few years. Dave Stieb, Doug Drabek, Tim Belcher, David Wells, among others.
I'm not even a big Carlos Lee fan and I would never deal Lee for Appier. The ape is old and on the brink of being washed up. Lee is just entering his prime. BTW, this topic title reminds me of the Seinfeld where the Kenny's chicken place goes out of business and Kramer sits at the window saying "Kenny...Kenny...Kenny".

Ok, just me on this one?
Old 12-11-2001, 12:37 PM
WSI Regular

I think we all know KW is just the type of idiot to pull a trade like this
Old 12-11-2001, 02:24 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally posted by KempersRS

I'm not even a big Carlos Lee fan and I would never deal Lee for Appier. The ape is old and on the brink of being washed up.
The Ape just turned 34 and is going very strong. What's to say he'll not have another 3-5 good years or at least a couple more good years? My point was that what are the chances that the Sox will have Lee for more than a couple more years? He'll be a free agent after about another 3 years. Appier can help us right now more than Lee can. I think Lee might be a stud somewhere on down the line if he ever gets his head screwed on right and repairs the hole in his glove. If I thought that the Sox might have Lee long term and he might actually improve, I might think differently. I'm to where I'm just more interested in seeing us go all the way right now instead of always thinking about how good we'll be in a couple of years when some of our hopefuls pan out. I'm tired of talking about our young talent. It's time to talk about how good our team is NOW. Not how good we're going to be.
Old 12-11-2001, 04:28 PM
The Grand Wazoo

There are 22 million reasons why the Sox don't want to trade for Appier.

But then again what the hell do I know?
Old 12-11-2001, 05:01 PM
Clean-up Crew

Quote:
Originally posted by CLR01

Singleton is not going to get traded. That is strike one. I knew that VBpad would come in habdy some day.
What the hell is a VBpad?

I think Singleton wants to be traded. He sees where this organizaion is going with the OF, and he don't seem to be part of the picture. He also did give some hints of wanting to be traded over the summer when he wasn't playing much.