Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2005, 10:52 AM
WSI Prelate

Exclamation Ozzie Guillen Expresses Pressure of Frustration

Apologies if this has been posted already, but Ozzie Guillen has apparently let the pressure get to him. In a Mike Nadel column for Copley News Service, Guillen is quoted as saying he'd leave the White Sox if we win the World Series. He also complained about the fans booing him.

Link

I will not necessarily take a stand on the context of his or Nadel's comments (yet), but I think the comments Ozzie made were ill-timed.

EDIT: Mike Nadel was just on the Score with Mulligan and Hanley, and Nadel said he went to Kenny Williams and asked KW if he'd be surprised if Ozzie quit in the wake of a White Sox World Series victory. KW said he would not be surprised.

Last edited by Viva Medias B's; 09-22-2005 at 11:21 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:05 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva Medias B's
Apologies if this has been posted already, but Ozzie Guillen has apparently let the pressure get to him. In a Mike Nadel column for Copley News Service, Guillen is quoted as saying he'd leave the White Sox if we win the World Series. He also complained about the fans booing him.

Link

I will not necessarily take a stand on the context of his comments (yet), but I think they were ill-timed.
Oz, What are you thinking? agreed--poor time for this to be coming out...
Old 09-22-2005, 11:07 AM
WSI Church Elder

Geezus. Ozzie is falling apart more than the team. Get it together, man. And please start handling the pitching better.

Why are we pitching McCarthy against Santana?
Old 09-22-2005, 11:08 AM
WSI Personality

Nadel says "The Indians are so much more talented it's ridiculous. Travis Hafner alone is as good as any three White Sox."

Does he REALLY believe this? If so, this guy really does not know what he is talking about and we shouldn't give it any credence.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:12 AM
WSI High Priest

Ozzie blurts things out. Seems like this guy took a couple of offhand remarks and turned them into an overheated expose on The Mind Of Ozzie Guillen. It makes for an interesting story, but I don't believe for a minute that Ozzie plans on leaving the Sox anytime soon.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:14 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Fisk
Ozzie blurts things out. Seems like this guy took a couple of offhand remarks and turned them into an overheated expose on The Mind Of Ozzie Guillen. It makes for an interesting story, but I don't believe for a minute that Ozzie plans on leaving the Sox anytime soon.
You are probably right--maybe Oz was just having a "moment"--who hasn't said stuff they wish they could take back right after it came out of their mouth? I know I have...
Old 09-22-2005, 11:16 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlebar318
You are probably right--maybe Oz was just having a "moment"--who hasn't said stuff they wish they could take back right after it came out of their mouth? I know I have...
This is so true, but I think Ozzie should have known better.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:17 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainesHOF
Why are we pitching McCarthy against Santana?
And the Sox other option is who? El Duque? He who has given up a guaranteed 3+ ER per start for the last month? McCarthy's given up 2 ER or less every start since he was recalled, and twice held opponents scoreless for 7 innings or more. You don't send an unarmed man into a pitching duel....
Cursing tomorrow with sorrow

Gogol Bordello - "Ultimate"
Old 09-22-2005, 11:26 AM
WSI Regular

Well once the nation hears these comments (ESPN) our fans will be marked as the worst in baseball with the best AL record. God this is bad for us.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:31 AM
WSI Guru

Giggles:

Most people and media already think we are the worst fans. Who cares what they think.

Lip
Old 09-22-2005, 11:32 AM
Banned

This is truely sad. I feel bad for OZZIE. He's right. The teams given us 91 wins and yet dumbass fans are still booing him. I will never boo Ozzie again
Old 09-22-2005, 11:35 AM
WSI Church Elder

"I'll make more money signing autographs instead of dealing with this (bleep)."

Say it ain't so Oz
Old 09-22-2005, 11:42 AM
WSI Personality

Ozzie is a human being. He has fellings and emotions just like anyone else. If I were him, I would probably walk away WS or no WS. He has managed his ass of for us. He has made some questionable decisions, but as I've said before, it depends on who's doing the questioning. THERE IS NO ONE WHO COULD HAVE DONE THE JOB HE HAS DONE WITH THIS TEAM. We have more than 90 wins, and we could still win 100 games this year. Did anyone think this was possible in April? I did, but I've been called a pollyanna. The only quote that matters to me in that article- when he asks if this is how he is being treated with 91 wins, what will 71 be like? He is right. As much as I love the White Sox, I would never want his job. I couldn't do it as well as he has. Again, no one else could either.

Our collective respect for Ozzie as a person and a manager is long overdue. Part of me wants him to be the only manager the White Sox have until he is old and his trophy case is full. Part of me hopes he does quit, so all the doubters and second guessers will realize what they had (they would never admit it though, I guess). Ozzie is a very good manager and he is in only his second season. He has potential to be the best to ever lead our beloved PaleHose. Many teams would love to have him, or someone like him, as their manager. We are lucky to have him. So appreciate him while you have the chance.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:43 AM
WSI High Priest

I can't blame him. I feel like that at my job right now.

I was also thinking a few weeks ago about what it must be like to be one of our players. I love the Sox, but some of you ****s make it so miserable for these guys that I don't blame them if they don't want to play here. You guys turn on them at the drop of a dime. Now before someone has diarrhea of the fingers and gives me some diatribe of how we aren't cub fans, read me out.

I'm not saying that you have to absolutely love everything about everyone and look at things through rose colored glasses, but you don't have to be unpredictable bi-polar venomous snakes either. This is nothing new. I got into an argument with a brilliant fan who was booing Frank Thomas in 2002. That seemed to be the norm back then. Forget all that he has done for this organization, I guess.

And *** are we doing booing Ozzie when he walks to the mound, etc? If all you mother ****ers think he can do his job better, send your application here:

Kenny Williams
c/o Chicago White Sox
333 W. 35th Street
Chicago, IL 60616

I don't blame Ozzie one bit. We "fans" are quick to point the finger at JR in regards to why players don't want to come here. What about ourselves? Players for the Sox don't have a short leash, they are on choke collars with the fans. I suppose we should forget that they are human too. Yes, I know that they are pro baseball players, and we don't accept mediocrity, yadda, yadda, yadda, but christ how about a little slack to the team that has the best record in the AL.

Oh wait, I forgot. You're must all be buying into the "collapse" story. That's right. And going to the ballpark and getting on our players when **** isn't going our way is a great way to be supportive.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:44 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1
Giggles:

Most people and media already think we are the worst fans. Who cares what they think.

Lip
The past month or so is making me think that they may be right.