White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-27-2001, 10:06 PM
Viva Magglio Viva Magglio is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 5,568
Default Guess Who's Back

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-27-2001, 10:12 PM
MaggPipes MaggPipes is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 364
Default

i am back.....



"And he is supporting me!!"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-27-2001, 10:13 PM
RedPinStripes's Avatar
RedPinStripes RedPinStripes is offline
Clean-up Crew
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Joliet,Il
Posts: 6,626
Default

I take it he signed a minor leage contract?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-27-2001, 10:14 PM
Jerry_Manuel Jerry_Manuel is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hanover Park
Posts: 10,078
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ComiskeyBum
I take it he signed a minor leage contract?
Yes he did.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-27-2001, 10:15 PM
Daver's Avatar
Daver Daver is offline
The Grand Wazoo
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SW Suburbs
Posts: 26,670
Blog Entries: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ComiskeyBum
I take it he signed a minor leage contract?
He signed a contract with the Sox and was outrighted to Charlotte.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-27-2001, 10:18 PM
duke of dorwood duke of dorwood is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Southwest Subs.
Posts: 4,544
Default

Maybe he should go to single A, if he has the tools Lenny thinks he has, maybe only confidence is missing. Somewhere, sometime he will be back.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-27-2001, 10:22 PM
CLR01's Avatar
CLR01 CLR01 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Schaumburg
Posts: 16,714
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Maybe he should go to single A, if he has the tools Lenny thinks he has, maybe only confidence is missing. Somewhere, sometime he will be back.

As a fan i hope. And not the kind that produces large volumes of flowing air.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-27-2001, 10:23 PM
kermittheefrog kermittheefrog is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Evanston, IL/Appleton, WI
Posts: 2,642
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Maybe he should go to single A, if he has the tools Lenny thinks he has, maybe only confidence is missing. Somewhere, sometime he will be back.
Most guys with his mix of great tools and no performance crash and burn like he did.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-28-2001, 01:05 AM
bringbackrobin bringbackrobin is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: College Station, Texas
Posts: 122
Default

speaking of all tools and no performance, Jose Guillen is now avaliable. We could start a whole collection of these guys.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-29-2001, 07:15 PM
guillen4life13 guillen4life13 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Oak Park
Posts: 3,256
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Maybe he should go to single A, if he has the tools Lenny thinks he has, maybe only confidence is missing. Somewhere, sometime he will be back.

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. Ramirez has a lot of potential. I would say maybe AA would be better, not AAA. He only hit .216 in AAA, which is absolutely abysmal. If he gets enough confidence at AA, he might be able to start truly hitting, and go to AAA and dominate there, or maybe even go straight back to the Majors.

We'll have to see. Remember, Robin Ventura was all hyped up to be a great hitter, but when we finally saw him, he wasn't really much. He gave respectable numbers, but not the numbers we expected of him. Be cautious of Ramirez. This is how I feel with Borchard as well.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-29-2001, 07:30 PM
Daver's Avatar
Daver Daver is offline
The Grand Wazoo
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SW Suburbs
Posts: 26,670
Blog Entries: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by guillen4life13



I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. Ramirez has a lot of potential. I would say maybe AA would be better, not AAA. He only hit .216 in AAA, which is absolutely abysmal. If he gets enough confidence at AA, he might be able to start truly hitting, and go to AAA and dominate there, or maybe even go straight back to the Majors.

We'll have to see. Remember, Robin Ventura was all hyped up to be a great hitter, but when we finally saw him, he wasn't really much. He gave respectable numbers, but not the numbers we expected of him. Be cautious of Ramirez. This is how I feel with Borchard as well.
Julio has had six years in the minors to learn how to hit,and still can't do it.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-29-2001, 07:35 PM
LongDistanceFan LongDistanceFan is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,569
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by daver


Julio has had six years in the minors to learn how to hit,and still can't do it.
6 yrs............ wow, when is he considered a bust?
__________________
http://whitesoxinteractive.com/sellhigh/sigs/bobby.jpg "Never Say Die!"
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-29-2001, 07:38 PM
FarWestChicago's Avatar
FarWestChicago FarWestChicago is offline
Chief Geek - Security Guard
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Posts: 16,173
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
6 yrs............ wow, when is he considered a bust?
I would say sometime around last May.



I've got wheels and an arm!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-29-2001, 08:26 PM
guillen4life13 guillen4life13 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Oak Park
Posts: 3,256
Default

I wasn't aware that he's already had 6 years.

Trade him. It doesn't look like he's going to do what Hawk and D.J. have said about him.

Maybe some other GM's will still believe what they're saying, and at least give us a veteran pitcher for Ramirez, and possible another prospect.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-29-2001, 08:35 PM
czalgosz czalgosz is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 2,266
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by guillen4life13
I wasn't aware that he's already had 6 years.

Trade him. It doesn't look like he's going to do what Hawk and D.J. have said about him.

Maybe some other GM's will still believe what they're saying, and at least give us a veteran pitcher for Ramirez, and possible another prospect.
My guess is if another team still thought he was a hot prospect, he wouldn't have signed a minor-league contract with the Sox. Can you say Chris Snopek?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.