Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2005, 08:59 AM
Banned

Default Pauleeee Reminds DarkClouds what OzzieBall IS

From Suntimes Article
http://www.suntimes.com/output/sport...pt-sox08x.html

Quote:
"It feels like we're back to ourselves,'' said Konerko, who nonetheless was mindful of another game in which the long ball, not small ball, led to victory.

"But I don't think we won because of the home run,'' he said. "We won today because of pitching. When you hold a team to one run, you'll usually win.''
attababy Pauleeeee!!! No matter how many homeruns we hit () it will still boil down to defense - the main component of which is our pitching.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:18 AM
WSI Church Elder

Exclamation

I'm sorry but I had this face when I read Paulie's quote Something other than his usual crap talking? It's about time he started patting his teammmates on the back instead of talking crap! Hopefully, Paulie keeps hitting and we hear more of this positive feedback from him
Old 08-08-2005, 09:33 AM
Banned

Well this thread is only going to get about 5-10 posts...
Old 08-08-2005, 09:47 AM
WSI Regular

Default Quote

DOA! Keep it going PK!
Old 08-08-2005, 10:07 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsSoxVixen22
I'm sorry but I had this face when I read Paulie's quote Something other than his usual crap talking? It's about time he started patting his teammmates on the back instead of talking crap! Hopefully, Paulie keeps hitting and we hear more of this positive feedback from him

"...now if we only had the kind of pitching that Boston or St. Louis has, we might actually win something. Houston too. Those teams have the best pitching in baseball..."
Old 08-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Banned

Sorry PK haters, but Paulie has been running this offense for a few weeks now. With Pods and Tadahito at the top and ARow in the #3 slot (leads the team in hits), Paulie hitting clean up with Dye and AJ to follow ... I really like this offense.

It's a different guy every few days... you can run up and down the schedule and find the guy who led the offense for an extended period of time... all the guys in the lineup. I love it.

Like a lot of posters have said, when Pods gets on base, the Sox win. Small ball will return. I don't see how PK being clutch and knocking out a 2 run shot is NOT "smart ball". When your #1, 2 and 3 hitters get on base and the clean up guy does his job, that's smart ball, too...

Last edited by DaleJRFan; 08-08-2005 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:40 AM
WSI Church Elder

Nice quote Paulie!! I'm so happy Konerko is swinging the bat better, he's been clutch these past few series when we really needed him.
SOX
TV 32
Sponsored by MEISTER BRAU Beer
Old 08-08-2005, 10:54 AM
WSI Church Elder

Thats the kinda stuff we need PK. And I cant even remember the last GIDPK, which is obviously a good thing. Keep up the lumber and positive quotes PK and who knows, maybe you'll find yourself around here next season.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:08 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleJRFan
Sorry PK haters, but Paulie has been running this offense for a few weeks now.
Unfortunately, your cleanup hitter is supposed to be good enough to run the offense the whole season.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:24 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude
Thats the kinda stuff we need PK. And I cant even remember the last GIDPK, which is obviously a good thing. Keep up the lumber and positive quotes PK and who knows, maybe you'll find yourself around here next season.
paul konerko's GIDP totals
2003: 28
2004: 23
so far in 2005: 7
Old 08-08-2005, 11:50 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by patbooyah
paul konerko's GIDP totals
2003: 28
2004: 23
so far in 2005: 7
First Konerko deflects the credit for the win away from himself and towards the pitching and then you go and bring up this stat. This thread is as good as dead.
And I could fly above beyond the forest
And join all the eagles, join my swift companions.

******* Epic Poems

Old 08-08-2005, 12:01 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchman33
Unfortunately, your cleanup hitter is supposed to be good enough to run the offense the whole season.

That's not true - everyone goes through slumps. A team that relies on its cleanup guy to carry it all year long isn't going very far.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:08 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchman33
Look, it would be nice if we had a guy like Manny Ramirez on our team, but we don't. I'd say 27 HRs and 73 RBIs is still pretty damn good, especially considering that Konerko had a horrible slump earlier this season. Paulie has been very solid the last month or so, and he has stepped up the last couple of days with Everett out of the lineup. I still think he's going to end up with a batting average of about .275 by the end of the year.

I realize that we are not as strong in the 3-4-5 spots as some of the other contending teams. But look at our lineup from top to bottom. Crede and Uribe have a combined 99 RBIs. How many teams can say that about their 8-9 hitters? We've got different guys that can step up. We don't have to count on Paulie to do it all, which is good because he isn't that type of hitter.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:18 PM
WSI Prelate

I realize some of you who know me by reputation will fall out of your chairs after reading what I'm about to write. So brace yourselves:

I have to compliment Paulie for his recent streak of late. His home runs with men on base have made the difference between some one-run losses and 1 to 2-run wins. He has helped the Sox admittedly anemic offense capitalize on some strong pitching performances to grab some needed wins against clearly inferior opponents. During the last week (not counting yesterday's win v. Seattle), Paulie has hit .333, with a .448 OBP and a .750 SLG! Those are $10 million+ per year numbers! As a Sox fan, I hope he maintains these numbers (or at least comes close, a 1.198 OPS is incredible!) for the rest of the year and the rest of his career!
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:37 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist
First Konerko deflects the credit for the win away from himself and towards the pitching and then you go and bring up this stat. This thread is as good as dead.
Umm, he brought up a positive stat. Konerko has always grounded into loads of double plays. This year, his GIDPs are way down. That is commendable.