White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2005, 12:55 PM
WSI Regular

Default Red Sox fans are annoying ..

Ever wonder what it would have been like had the Cubs won the Series in '03? (Actually, don't comment on that)

I bet it would have been pretty close to what you're seeing from the Red Sox fans this weekend. I was at last night's game and I just couldn't take it.

Got off the train, there's a guy selling Red Sox beads and hats. Took my seats and there's five girls ("Red Sox fans since Oct. '04!") holding up signs for the entire game. Manny hits the homerun and some 56-year-old woman is shrieking and shrieking and shrieking. Johnny Damon comes to the plate and everyone's screaming, not seeming to mind that he's the ultimate Z-list celebrity.

If I see one more book, HBO special or movie dedicated to these chowderheads, I'm going to puke. Other teams have won the World Series, you know ...

When we win it this season, I hope we don't come off like these goons.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:00 PM
WSI High Priest

A good percentage of them are very likely Cub Sheep, jumping onto that bandwagon in a shameless attempt at rooting for a winner. Im seeing thru
that the last couple of years with the Medias way-too-numerous Cubs vs Red Sox comparisons
" The 2006 White Sox..... simply didn't have the hunger of the Twins or Tigers" - SunTimes columnist and SOX fan Richard Roeper
Old 07-22-2005, 01:03 PM
WSI Church Elder

A good part of those "Red Sox fans" are Cubs fans rooting against the Sox.

"We're rooting for the Red Sox because we're like brothers"
Old 07-22-2005, 01:05 PM
WSI Regular

It was great hearing some of those Red SOX fans last nite complimenting The Cell and saying it was better than Wrigley.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:08 PM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

There will be 3 groups of fans at the rest of this weekend's games: Sox fans, Cub fans with Red Sox hats on, and Yankee fans with Yankee hats on cheering against Boston, but not necessarily for, the White Sox.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:09 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerko
There will be 3 groups of fans at the rest of this weekend's games: Sox fans, Cub fans with Red Sox hats on, and Yankee fans with Yankee hats on cheering against Boston, but not necessarily for, the White Sox.

Let's no get carried away. I go to several road games, and I'm sure there are several "die hard" Red Sox fans who are doing the same here.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:10 PM
WSI Church Elder

While out at college in NY during the series last year, you have no idea how many people jumped on the Blowsawks bandwagon. All of a sudden, everyone who wasn't a Yankmee fan was a lifelong supporter of the Blowsawks. Same thing for the Patriots. If you weren't and Eagles fan, you loved the Pats.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:14 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
It was damn confusing! Last night, there was a guy in a Yankee hat sitting next to a guy in a Cardinals hat near the visitors' dugout. Were they both there to cheer against Boston or for Chicago?
Old 07-22-2005, 01:16 PM
WSI Church Elder

Had this exchange with the annoying Red Sox fan (ARSF) sitting in front of me last night:

ARSF: Without all of us, you wouldn't even be able to fill this place up.

Me: Yeah, having all the bandwagon jumpers here really helps with the attendance.

ARSF: (after 5-10 second pause) ...no, um, there aren't any Yankee fans here.

Dorks.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:21 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over By There
Had this exchange with the annoying Red Sox fan (ARSF) sitting in front of me last night:

Dorks.
That's when I'd say something like "Oh, so how did you like Wednesday's game?"
Old 07-22-2005, 01:39 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Excellent deduction. I think 1/2 of the "redsox fans" that I encountered
last nite, were all in reality disgruntled cub fans. What a bunch of losers.
If I were a Red Sox fan, and some cub fan comes up to me and says he loves my Bosox too and let him aboard the bandwagon so he can try to INTERMINGLE both teams histories, Id kick him him in the pants ....
Old 07-22-2005, 02:10 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over By There

Me: Yeah, having all the bandwagon jumpers here really helps with the attendance.

ARSF: (after 5-10 second pause) ...no, um, there aren't any Yankee fans here.

Dorks.
I had this following exchange back on Monday June 13th. I boarded my flight from SanDiego to Phoenix (in which I bumped into William Hung, told him to start watching SOX games) and on my connecting flight, I saw that it was stopping in Chicago, then on to Providence RI. Well, as I exited the plane at Midway, I saw a TON of people in line to board my plane, ALL with Red Sox hats, jerseys, caps, flags, pennants, signs, pullovers.........and MANY also had Cub souvenirs and memoribilia in their hands. As I walked by them, some noticed my SOX jacket on and I then Replied "hey how did you guys do?" Some in the crowd WHOOPED it up they "had a great time" "wrigleys great" to which I had to remind them
"Thanks for laying down to the Cubs.............and LOSING 2 out of 3 NICE"
that felt good
Old 07-22-2005, 02:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Let's not forget resident Yankee fan, WSI's own Paid Santiago, who was copping 'tude in the game chat last night.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:53 PM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHISOXFAN13
Let's no get carried away. I go to several road games, and I'm sure there are several "die hard" Red Sox fans who are doing the same here.
I lumped them in the Cub fan category.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:18 PM
WSI Church Elder

Red Sox fans are annoying.......man discovers fire.