White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2005, 11:53 AM
WSI Church Elder

Default Troy Pervical done for season, maybe career

MLB.com is reporting that Troy is done for the season and possibly forever after re-injuring his elbow.

Between him and Magglio, that's $21 million well spent this season.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:03 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatK
MLB.com is reporting that Troy is done for the season and possibly forever after re-injuring his elbow.

Between him and Magglio, that's $21 million well spent this season.
And that's why, even with Maggs, the Tiggers won't be a force to be worried about for the next several years.

SMO
Old 07-20-2005, 02:38 PM
Banned

Default I guess some GM's - KW , Hendry etc....

really do know what they are doing. The Tigers obviously don't . Some spend money just to spend it.

Wouldn't it be nice if the Sox could have a little extra dough to gamble with and could afford to be wrong once in a while ?

Anyways, props to the GM's that stayed away from this guy. Sometimes, I think that some of these GM's really know what they are doing.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:13 PM
WSI Personality

I'll bet the Tigers are wishing they had Percival healthy right now - at this very moment - or still had Urbinia.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:28 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennStater98r
I'll bet the Tigers are wishing they had Percival healthy right now - at this very moment - or still had Urbinia.
No freaking way! I figured they'd be happy that Percival was hurt and that they traded away Urbina.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:07 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillMissOzzie
And that's why, even with Maggs, the Tiggers won't be a force to be worried about for the next several years.
As good as some of their young talent is, they also have some guys getting up there in age. Nook Logan, though, is the fastest man on the planet as far as I'm concerned. If he can learn to hit, he'll be a dangerous player someday.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
How long did it take you to come up with this?
Old 07-21-2005, 04:43 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude
No freaking way! I figured they'd be happy that Percival was hurt and that they traded away Urbina.
Perhaps you missed the time of the post, but at the time that I posted it, there was a guy on 1st and 2nd with Farnsworthless getting ready to blow the game for the Kitties. It wasn't my point to state the obvious. It was my point to post something as the Sox were making their come back last night, but then again, I suppose I should have expected to be challenged and berated by the older users. It's a pattern I've noticed for the couple of months that I simply read these forums.

Anyway, that's the crummy thing about posting in forums, had I been sitting in a room with you guys watching the game and said, "I'll be the Tigers are missing Percival and Urbina right now," during the 9th inning yesterday, I doubt you guys would have responded sarcastically. Instead, you probably would have nodded and said something like: "No doubt!"

I made a comment in which you guys missed the context.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:11 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Perhaps you missed the time of the post, but at the time that I posted it, there was a guy on 1st and 2nd with Farnsworthless getting ready to blow the game for the Kitties. It wasn't my point to state the obvious. It was my point to post something as the Sox were making their come back last night, but then again, I suppose I should have expected to be challenged and berated by the older users. It's a pattern I've noticed for the couple of months that I simply read these forums.

Anyway, that's the crummy thing about posting in forums, had I been sitting in a room with you guys watching the game and said, "I'll be the Tigers are missing Percival and Urbina right now," during the 9th inning yesterday, I doubt you guys would have responded sarcastically. Instead, you probably would have nodded and said something like: "No doubt!"

I made a comment in which you guys missed the context.
Gotcha. And to respond to your original post...

No doubt man!
Old 07-22-2005, 12:03 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude
Gotcha. And to respond to your original post...

No doubt man!
Like - right on - man!