White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 02:48 PM
WSI Regular

Keep the votes coming in, we ABSOLUTELY cannot let another Yankee make it to the All- Star game. Keep rocking the vote and let's get Pods over the top. Vote total: in the area between 400-500 (an underestimate) and counting
Old 07-05-2005, 02:49 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxPatF
I've been a snoop on these message boards for the last 2 years or so and never felt compelled to actually create an active account and post until now.

I voted about 200 times yesterday and nearing about 500 today at work. Keep it up everyone, this may be the upset of the decade if we get Pod in over Jeter. If we can beat the entire city of New York... well, it could just be another sign for this year.

I think you'll fit in nicely here
Old 07-05-2005, 02:50 PM
New At WSI

Default ESPN actually behind Scotty?

Just saw this on ESPN.com's Page 2.
>>Where's "Anyone but Jeter" on the All-Star Game "Final Man" ballot?

If ESPN.com fan polling is any indication, "The Face of Baseball" might not even be able to win a popularity contest among All-Star also-rans.

In what should be a close finish, Jeter is running neck-and-neck with Torii Hunter. Please: Anyone but Jeter.

Presuming the Final Man will be a one-play sub at best, why not pick someone who can make the most impact in a pinch? Vote Scott Posednik!>>

I didn't see it posted yet and I thought you guys would like to see at least some support from the mediots.
Also, since the votes on ESPN.com also count, you can vote alot faster if you vote there.
You don't have to enter a validation code or anything else.
Just the votes.
I have voted non stop for the last couple of hours and I think I am getting much better numbers than what other guys are posting.
GO SCOTTY!
Old 07-05-2005, 02:56 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by petekat
Per MLB.com, looks like its a close race between Scotty and Jeter. Seems to be no limit on the # of times one can vote- so vote early/often and pass on the word.

Anyone in touch with Red Sox Nation (SonsofSamHorn, etc.)? We could really use their support, especially now that Mr. Mariah Carey is a finalist.
Fenway, are you a member at SOSH?
Old 07-05-2005, 02:58 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by petekat
has anyone contacted the RedSox message boards (SonsofSamHorn, etc). Sure they have a vested interest in helping Scotty beat out Mr. Mariah carey
yes i contacted talksox.com.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:00 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by milce73

If ESPN.com fan polling is any indication, "The Face of Baseball" might not even be able to win a popularity contest among All-Star also-rans.

In what should be a close finish, Jeter is running neck-and-neck with Torii Hunter. Please: Anyone but Jeter.

Presuming the Final Man will be a one-play sub at best, why not pick someone who can make the most impact in a pinch? Vote Scott Posednik!>>

I didn't see it posted yet and I thought you guys would like to see at least some support from the mediots.
Also, since the votes on ESPN.com also count, you can vote alot faster if you vote there.
Just the votes.
I have voted non stop for the last couple of hours and I think I am getting much better numbers than what other guys are posting.
GO SCOTTY!

I didn't see any voting on espn.com.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:04 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:

Just the votes.
GO SCOTTY!
Since when does votes on ESPN also count?
I dont think that's true.

Can anone confirm this?
Old 07-05-2005, 03:09 PM
Banned

i'm doing my part, he deserves it
Old 07-05-2005, 03:09 PM
New At WSI

Default Voting on ESPN

Here is the link:
http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sport...?event_id=1413
According to this site and also mentioned in the press release about the results so far you can.
>>About four million votes have been cast in the program on MLB.com, the official website of Major League Baseball, its 30 official club sites, and ESPN.com.<<
Old 07-05-2005, 03:10 PM
WSI Personality

I just found the thing on espn.com., it's just a sportsnation poll, I don't think it's for actual voting.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:11 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Here is the link:
http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sport...?event_id=1413
According to this site and also mentioned in the press release about the results so far you can.
>>About four million votes have been cast in the program on MLB.com, the official website of Major League Baseball, its 30 official club sites, and ESPN.com.<<
are the vote results the total number of votes including MLB.com or just ESPN.com's poll?
Old 07-05-2005, 03:12 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Sox Josh
are the vote results the total number of votes including MLB.com or just ESPN.com's poll?
Just espn's poll, MLB has said that there is over 4 million votes in on the mlb.com
Old 07-05-2005, 03:16 PM
WSI Regular

Default ESPN Poll

Its just ESPN's poll. It says at the bottom that 87000+ have voted which means, even if it does count, its less than 1/40th of the entire votes. I think its just quicker to do it on MLB and you're not bothered by the Yankee-S-P-N bias.
Tack on another 100 for the last 20 minutes of work. Hope my boss doesn't find out he's paying me to vote for Scott.

In Pod We Trust
Old 07-05-2005, 03:17 PM
WSI Regular

According to MLB:

Quote:
Are you ready for one final vote?

The rosters for Major League Baseball's 76th All-Star Game are just about set, but it's up to you to take care of the "just about" part.

Since most of the suspense has been eliminated and the starters and reserves for both leagues have been revealed, it's time for the voting public to rev it up one more time with the 2005 Ameriquest All-Star Final Vote, available exclusively at MLB.com and all 30 club sites.

Now in its fourth year, the All-Star Final Vote gives baseball fans around the world the opportunity to select the final player on each All-Star team. Balloting began immediately following Sunday's Major League All-Star Selection Show and continues until 8 p.m. ET Wednesday. The winners will be announced at MLB.com and on ESPN shortly thereafter.
So, voting is only at MLB.com and club sites. Winners will be announced on ESPN, but you can't vote at espn.com.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:18 PM
WSI Regular

brilliant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Sox Josh
yes i contacted talksox.com.
Closed Thread