White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2005, 07:31 PM
WSI Regular

Post PTI's Follies

Today on PTI, there was a toss-up for who should have the All-Star selection: Pods or Jeter. Kornheiser said because "he's not stupid" that Jeter is the man for the job. He then said that he had no idea who Podesednik was, while also mis-pronouncing his name. Who is the idiot now, Mr. "I am a sports columnist and don't know the name of the leadoff hitter for the best team in baseball"? This is getting ridiculous.

Also, last night on Sportscenter, I observed that from the very beginning of the show until the second commercial break, the "analyzers" spoke about the Red Sox and Yankees solely. It was a thirteen minute session; that is about 1/4 of the actual air time, discluding commercials. That is supremely ridiculous with all of the other big things going on other than Schilling's injury and Foulke's woes as the closer. What about Frank Thomas putting up ridiculous power numbers? What about Lance Armstrong? What about the Olympics? I am sick of that network, yet because I am a sports addict, it is the only form of coverage that is not just plain boring.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:37 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).
Old 07-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan123
I am sick of that network, yet because I am a sports addict, it is the only form of coverage that is not just plain boring.
You should watch more Comcast.

I also am really sick of watching the baseball comentary on ESPN, but I still watch the channel for the national coverage. What we need is another sports channel to challenge ESPN. It's too bad that Fox sports sucks.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:51 PM
WSI Regular

I watch CSN shows whenever I can, but I still look to ESPN after I've seen the entire Sports Rise. People post "Who Cares?" and "This Thread Sucks" but what else can I do at 9am, Price Is Right isn't on for another hour.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan123
Today on PTI, there was a toss-up for who should have the All-Star selection: Pods or Jeter. Kornheiser said because "he's not stupid" that Jeter is the man for the job. He then said that he had no idea who Podesednik was, while also mis-pronouncing his name. Who is the idiot now, Mr. "I am a sports columnist and don't know the name of the leadoff hitter for the best team in baseball"? This is getting ridiculous.

Also, last night on Sportscenter, I observed that from the very beginning of the show until the second commercial break, the "analyzers" spoke about the Red Sox and Yankees solely. It was a thirteen minute session; that is about 1/4 of the actual air time, discluding commercials. That is supremely ridiculous with all of the other big things going on other than Schilling's injury and Foulke's woes as the closer. What about Frank Thomas putting up ridiculous power numbers? What about Lance Armstrong? What about the Olympics? I am sick of that network, yet because I am a sports addict, it is the only form of coverage that is not just plain boring.
Frank is also way under average and all he has goin for him right now is power, people were complainin with PK this season about the same thing.

ESPN is garnered to the nation and jeter is a national figure over podsednik. Its a given that he would be disrespected in our eyes, carl crawford prob recieves the same treatment and he's in the same boat as pods
Old 07-06-2005, 09:52 PM
WSI Church Elder

"The Network" favoring the Yankmees and Blowsawks? Who knew!
Old 07-06-2005, 10:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockdaleForVeep
Frank is also way under average and all he has goin for him right now is power, people were complainin with PK this season about the same thing.

ESPN is garnered to the nation and jeter is a national figure over podsednik. Its a given that he would be disrespected in our eyes, carl crawford prob recieves the same treatment and he's in the same boat as pods
Frank doesn't have 100 ABs yet. Wait till hes at 130-150 then talk about average. PK was around .200 after 100 ABs and had stopped hitting homers. That's when people complained.