White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2005, 05:18 PM
WSI Regular

Default Two Sox in Future Stars game

Bobby Jenks and Chris Young.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/a...mc=_futures_05
Old 06-22-2005, 05:46 PM
WSI Church Elder

Razor Shines (B'ham manager) is also one of the coaches for the U.S team. Does anyone know if this game is on TV?
Old 06-22-2005, 06:25 PM
WSI Prelate

It is usually on ESPN as part of the All Star stuff. During the day of the HR derby.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:15 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackParkman
Has anyone actually seen Jenks? I keep hearing good things about him, and his numbers certainly look impressive. Has he finally chased the demons from his head?

19 seasons, 9232 AB, 216 SO
Old 06-22-2005, 09:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' No. 2
Has anyone actually seen Jenks? I keep hearing good things about him, and his numbers certainly look impressive. Has he finally chased the demons from his head?
I saw the report on him that was on ESPN a few years back, and hopefully, all the problems they listed in that report have been fixed. Nice pickup by the White Sox to sign him.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:11 PM
WSI Personality

Bobby is looking like a STUD he the closer of the future for the sox check out his stats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' No. 2
Old 06-23-2005, 03:55 PM
WSI High Priest

Jenks...in 35.2 innings pitched in 31 games has 40 K's, 18 walks, only 1 homer...11 ER out of 15 R given up. He has 16 saves already. Could see him next season in Triple-A and a possible call-up next year. I'd like to see him have a dominant season in AA this year by keeping up the great work...that could give him some solid confidence. He's on the 40 man roster, so maybe he'll have a good shot at making the team next year should he keep improving.

With Shingo being 36 and making $2.5 million...he better start improving to show us he's worth that money. Cotts is a steal right now at $330,000...I don't know when that is scheduled to bump up...but he seems to be worth resigning. Marte and Viz are at around $1.5 mil each. Politte is darn worth it at a mil. Hermie is also worth his $2 mil. Now, after looking at how much they're each making. I have to think Shingo or Viz could be the casualty depending how long they are under contract for. Should they start pitching better, that could easily change. I def. think we have a good nucleus of a bullpen. Our guys are experienced, and except for Shingo, nobody is closing in on 40. The average age of the pen is about 29 or 30, so they should be around for a while.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:25 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by soltrain21
It is usually on ESPN as part of the All Star stuff. During the day of the HR derby.
IIRC, it is the the day before the HR derby. They usually have that celebrity all star game after the Futures Game. At least that is the way it was in 2003.

Robert M. Knight
Old 06-26-2005, 03:27 AM
WSI Personality

The game will be on ESPN and I think its a day before the all star game, but it could be two.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:51 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisoxfn
The game will be on ESPN and I think its a day before the all star game, but it could be two.
It is usually on the Sunday before the all star game.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:33 PM
New At WSI

Default Chris Young

Chris has killed the ball on this road trip 5 Homers in 5 games and 8-13 on the trip. Chance to be a special player.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:00 AM
WSI Personality

Young is mega-streaky (like Uribe crossed with Ray Durham), is there any indication of what he needs to do to get a little more consistent or is that something the team is just going to have to live with?
Old 06-27-2005, 09:41 PM
WSI Personality

Young stays hot as Birmingham leads 13-1. He has 2 more doubles tonight to give him 45 extra base hits on the season to go along with 14 SB, a .257 avg. and 80 strikeouts. He's mixed bag, but if he ever completely puts it together, watch out! Anderson is also 2-3 with a walk tonight to raise his average to .287. It'll be interesting to see who the centerfielder of the future for the Sox is.

(Additionally Anthony Webster has been on a tear for Texas' hi-A team while Reed has been playing a sparkling centerfield for Seattle. Man, we've developed a lot of CF in the last few years.)