White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2005, 11:59 AM
WSI Regular

Default McCarthy not liked????

WOW!!! I just got off the phone with a source in Charlotte and it appears that BMac is not liked at ALL.

Sox Brass have been saying that he has been working on pitching outside the box and so forth and the clubhouse is saying that he has been getting lit in Charlotte just as bad as he got lit last night.....and they were happy to see him get lit.

I guess it stems from personal issues that are going on in that clubhouse........which is a shame since that energy should be devoted to the ball field so they can win a few games instead of being the laughing stock of the league.

I think I saw a thread that said that BMac still thought he was in Chicago while in Charlotte. How true......
Old 06-21-2005, 12:02 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondkings29
they were happy to see him get lit.
Anybody in the Sox organization who is happy to see a Sox pitcher give up runs should be fired immediately. Shades of Wally Backman.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:07 PM
WSI Regular

Agreed Maurice......anytime personal issues get that bad it appears to show in their play....as it has.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:41 PM
New At WSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice
Anybody in the Sox organization who is happy to see a Sox pitcher give up runs should be fired immediately. Shades of Wally Backman.
Even Wally didn't go that far against his own players, I agree maurice this person should be fired immediately. No excuse to have an instructor to root against his own players makes me sick

Old 06-21-2005, 02:44 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAMBARONS
Even Wally didn't go that far against his own players, I agree maurice this person should be fired immediately. No excuse to have an instructor to root against his own players makes me sick

I don't think anyone said anything about the "source" being coaches or staff of any kind. It could very easily be other players...
Old 06-21-2005, 02:52 PM
WSI Regular

I wont state who was the source, but it was 100% NOT A COACH OR MEMBER OF THE OFFICE STAFF........Randar your warm......
Old 06-21-2005, 03:06 PM
WSI High Priest

This seems like it's headed directly to What's The Score at best.
Maybe the Roadhouse.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:09 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
I wont state who was the source, but it was 100% NOT A COACH OR MEMBER OF THE OFFICE STAFF........Randar your warm......
This is a joke...right?

Take your 'source' and shove it.

Ozzie manages, you watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarWestChicago View Post
Yeah, they won is spite of Greg Walker, Ozzie, KW, JR and everybody else associated with that team. It's either a friggin' miracle or they knew more about what they were doing than posters here. I guess I have to go with "friggin' miracle" since the posters here obviously make any professional baseball person look like a moron.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:10 PM
WSI High Priest

Was it Brent Tomko?
Old 06-21-2005, 03:10 PM
New At WSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar68
I don't think anyone said anything about the "source" being coaches or staff of any kind. It could very easily be other players...

That's my bad I Misread the post
Old 06-21-2005, 03:29 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar68
...or just as easily one individual with an axe to grind...
Old 06-21-2005, 03:33 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Fisk
...or just as easily one individual with an axe to grind...
Possible as always. It doesn't matter who it is. The personal issues and clubhouse chemistry in the minor leagues is, more often than not, not something you can post a source on or should be willing to, so it is also something that is most often best left unsaid or restricted to private messages. There are those around this board and others close enough to the situation to have valuable insight and hear a lot of "things", but I think personal issues and "like/dislike" is not something that should be a focus of threads on these boards...

JMHO.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:45 PM
WSI Regular

Sorry if it was not the place to state what I stated earlier. Everyone disregards the minors as they do not matter. The guys on the team don't like to go out there day in and day out and get their teeth kicked in. They are just as competitive if not more because they want to get their cup of coffee.

However it appears that when he felt a big fish in AAA and then went to Chicago and then sent back down, he made teammates in the clubhouse feel very 'unworthy'

And the source is very valid, whether they should be considered one or not is not the question.....

It is sad that losing seasons always generate this behavior.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:49 PM
WSI Church Elder

Who knows if any of this is true, but keep in mind that there could be a certain amount of professional jealousy involved. McCarthy is a guy fairly new to the minors, yet he is rocketing through the system and has already been to "the show." The coaches with the White Sox are high on him, and his minor league teammates probably read the stories about him on the internet and in the papers just like we do. These guys are professional athletes and competitive by nature.

McCarthy also strikes me as a pretty serious guy who focuses on the job at hand. It has been said that he is very mature and composed for his age. Perhaps this is mistaken for aloofness or arrogance.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:49 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
It is sad that losing seasons always generate this behavior.
Like they say, it's easy to be agreeable and get along when everything is going well.

There are a lot of minor league vets who haven't been able to stick in the majors who I'd imagine would be pretty upset if a kid who had yet to prove anything started acting "big time"