White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 11:33 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Patrick
Not blue. Teal.
As mostly males here there should be like 9 colors in our vocabulary. black, white, brown, green, red, orange, blue, purple, yellow. Your basic six color chart, added black white and brown.

screw mauve and pumpkin.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:35 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sxy Mofo
I've already conceded that I'm going to fit in and overreact to everything. what more do you want from me?
Huh? no one's saying to dump Konerko, no one's saying to cut Konerko. What people are saying is that he's not this immensely valuable tema player that needs to be resigned at a similar or greater salary. This is where knowing some of the history involved would come in handy as this is pretty much a continuation of past discussions that apparently you are not familiar with.

And railing at mods about their overreactions is not a great way to start off.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:38 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
As mostly males here there should be like 9 colors in our vocabulary. black, white, brown, green, red, orange, blue, purple, yellow. Your basic six color chart, added black white and brown.

screw mauve and pumpkin.
right...

anyway, does Paulie really not want to come back with the Sox next year or what? I'm hating this guy's attitude more and more each day. How can some of you say that Clayton is better then Uribe? There's no comparison. Royce was terrible when he was here and he's been terrible ever since. Why can't Paulie stick up for our guys at all?? He's definitely becoming the least favorite player on the Sox more and more each day.

Here's one for you Paulie, get some wheels and learn how to run before you say that one of the worst hitting SS's in a long time is a "great" SS.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:40 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight #24
Huh? no one's saying to dump Konerko, no one's saying to cut Konerko. What people are saying is that he's not this immensely valuable tema player that needs to be resigned at a similar or greater salary. This is where knowing some of the history involved would come in handy as this is pretty much a continuation of past discussions that apparently you are not familiar with.

And railing at mods about their overreactions is not a great way to start off.

I didn't say anything bad to any mods, and if i did it was in a joking fashion, and I apologize.

And I totally agree about not paying PK more than he is making now.. he slumps too often. It's just that some posters here would have us believe that he may, in fact, be the worst baseball player ever, which is just not the case. Which is why i get a little frustrated at the overreactions.

It's like a football game. Your team makes the last second field goal, everything is good, they did just enough to win, they're playing solid. They miss that last second field goal, that team sucks, they're no good, blah blah blah. When in reality all it was was one kicker making or missing a field goal that changes the whole perception of a team. I've seen it a million times. mostly because i've been chatting on sports sites with chicago fanatics for years.

Last edited by Sxy Mofo; 06-17-2005 at 11:45 AM.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:48 AM
WSI Regular

And now back to your regularly scheduled "PK Lambasting" thread...

Would the owner of a dark grey Chevy Avalanche license plate "GIDP4U" please report to guest services, your dome light is continually OFF.

"DOH!"

My Left Coast Sox Record: 0-4
Old 06-17-2005, 11:49 AM
WSI Church Elder

Paulie is showing more and more how little his worth is to this team.

Bad sometimes defeatist attitude, poor defense, no wheels, huge slumps, dead pull hitter, consistently fooled by offspeed pitches..... the only thing he does is hit fastballs to left field. Is that an $8.5M player?

By the way, another stat on Paulie: for a supposed power hitter, he only has 6 doubles so far this season. 6! David Ortiz, who's no speed burner either, has 19 doubles for comparison.
"All I wanted was to get to the World Series one time. One time. I didn't care how I got there. I'm here with these guys in body, mind and spirit. People say it's bittersweet. It's not bittersweet. It's only sweet."

-Frank Thomas, 10/15/05
Old 06-17-2005, 11:56 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Do you guys really need blue to see sarcasm. That's all I do is sarcasm. Maybe i'll put a footnote in my signature.
No, we need teal. That is a universal rule on this board.

It's just text on a screen, so we can't detect the pitch of your voice or the manner in which you speak, in order to detect sarcasm. That is why the teal rule exists here. If you don't use it, expect everything you type to be taken for face value, and expect your posts to spawn numerous pointless arguments about what you were trying to say.

If you don't like it, then leave. Big Loss.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:03 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frater Perdurabo
Wow. This makes me think it's even more likely there are pro-Frank factions in the Sox clubhouse, and that Konerko doesn't like it one bit. What better way to get in a dig at Frank than to call out the guy who takes hitting tips from him (Uribe) and then say one of his positional predecessors - the one who fooled around with Frank's ex-wife - is his choice at shortstop? Hmmm.

Again, Konerko =
From an episode of Seinfeld where George hides a tape recorder in his briefcase to hear what members of the Foundation set up in his late fiance, Susan's honor...

JERRY: Just give me some idea of what you think it could be.

GEORGE: I don't know if you're ready for it.

JERRY: Please.

GEORGE: I believe that I am about to become the target of a systematic process of intimidation and manipulation, the likes of which you have never -

JERRY: Hold it, hold it! You're right, I'm not ready for this

I think some of you are really reaching here. Maybe if we record his comments and then play them backwards, we'll find out some other hidden message or scandal.

Konerko is the same guy who said last year that Justin Miller had the best slider he had ever seen (which I'm sure was a under-handed slap in the face to the entire White Sox pitching staff). The guy makes stupid comments occasionally. Really, nothing more, nothing less.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwj
Like you?
how about PHG, you moron, someone whose knowledge i'll trust 18fold over paul "footmouth *******" konerko.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fungo
From an episode of Seinfeld where George hides a tape recorder in his briefcase to hear what members of the Foundation set up in his late fiance, Susan's honor...

JERRY: Just give me some idea of what you think it could be.

GEORGE: I don't know if you're ready for it.

JERRY: Please.

GEORGE: I believe that I am about to become the target of a systematic process of intimidation and manipulation, the likes of which you have never -

JERRY: Hold it, hold it! You're right, I'm not ready for this

I think some of you are really reaching here. Maybe if we record his comments and then play them backwards, we'll find out some other hidden message or scandal.

Konerko is the same guy who said last year that Justin Miller had the best slider he had ever seen (which I'm sure was a under-handed slap in the face to the entire White Sox pitching staff). The guy makes stupid comments occasionally. Really, nothing more, nothing less.
And yet, George was right. The foundation did think he killed Susan.

It's not whether Paul has a vendetta against Uribe or not. I doubt he does. He's just being a stupid ******* who thinks this team's about him.

Or maybe he's upset because he knows it's not.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Banned

Location: Gambling, fireworks, lifetime gun permits, cheap smokes, snipers, it's Indiana!

Geez, am I late on this thread.

Good riddance to PK whenever he finally goes.

He swings for the fence most of the time.
He rarely hits the opposite way.
He is an 'average at best' 1st baseman.
He couldn't win a foot race in a nursing home.
He doesn't know when to shut the hell up.

Screw you Konerko.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:10 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadguy
No, we need teal. That is a universal rule on this board.

It's just text on a screen, so we can't detect the pitch of your voice or the manner in which you speak, in order to detect sarcasm. That is why the teal rule exists here. If you don't use it, expect everything you type to be taken for face value, and expect your posts to spawn numerous pointless arguments about what you were trying to say.

If you don't like it, then leave. Big Loss.

I never knew teal could sting so much.

See? more sarcasm.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:12 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fquaye149
how about PHG, you moron, someone whose knowledge i'll trust 18fold over paul "footmouth *******" konerko.
Nothing says I'm not very bright like swearing and name calling.

You can have your little man-crush on PaleHoseGeorge if you like - but I'll give the benefit of the doubt to Paulie or most other pros for that matter. It was a fairly innocent comment.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:15 PM
Banned

I never thought that we would have such a good team and record going that we would feel the need to take so much time bashing Konerko for a dumb comment. That being said, I'm glad that this is the worst we have. If a guy like PK is the most hated on a team, we're doing something right. GO SOX!! lets hope for a 1 hr 30 minute game tonight by Mark.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:18 PM
WSI Guru

Frater:

No offense taken. I regret the way the situation in the media in many places has deteriorated to the point where 'reporters' are now the story. I also regret and get angry that so many reporters work for multiple stations and in multiple positions.

What they aren't getting paid enough in Chicago to just do one job? I could see Pocatello, or Cedar Rapids or Monroe, but Chicago?

There's an old saying...I'm paraphrasing. "One can not serve two masters..." true statement...sooner or later there is bound to be a conflict of intrest on information. When it happens who do you give it to? and how do you make that decision?? (i.e. does the newspaper get the info or does say the radio station...)

Also there are many deserving sports people out there in the business who will never get the chance because so many of these folks are working for a radio station and doing a column for a newspaper and moonlighting at a TV station...it's garbage.

What ever happened to the days when say Johnny Morris worked strickly for WBBM-TV (a CBS affiliate) and for CBS doing color on the Bears games? Or Jack Brickhouse worked strickly for the WGN company? Or nationally when Curt Gowdry worked solely for NBC-TV. (He was forced to give up his job as Red Sox announcer...) or Howard Cosell for ABC?

Now one doesn't know who works for whom and more importantly what there loyalties are.

Sigh...

Lip
Closed Thread