White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2005, 02:16 AM
WSI Church Elder

Default Leo Daigle

What the heck is up with that guy. He hit for the cycle last night and now has 22 HR, 73 RBI, a .424 OBP and a .367 average. I assume he will be promoted to Birmingham soon. Is he just a late bloomer? He's 25 years old.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:56 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by elrod
What the heck is up with that guy. He hit for the cycle last night and now has 22 HR, 73 RBI, a .424 OBP and a .367 average. I assume he will be promoted to Birmingham soon. Is he just a late bloomer? He's 25 years old.
Nah, he's a career minor leaguer. He's just playing a level or two below where he should be. He'll come back to Earth when he gets to AA or AAA.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:04 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by elrod
This would be his 6th full-season of A ball and he has an addition full year in AA.
Old 06-16-2005, 03:33 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdivaldi
Nah, he's a career minor leaguer. He's just playing a level or two below where he should be. He'll come back to Earth when he gets to AA or AAA.
Is 25 really that old? I don't know much about Daigle except what I've seen in the paper, but is it possible that it just took awhile for the light to turn on with this kid? Just wondering...
Old 06-16-2005, 03:35 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Chappas
Is 25 really that old? I don't know much about Daigle except what I've seen in the paper, but is it possible that it just took awhile for the light to turn on with this kid? Just wondering...
He'll be 26 in 2-3 months in addition to the previous post I made about how many freakin seasons this guy has played in the low minors already...
Old 06-16-2005, 04:08 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
I guess it's possible, but it's just highly unlikely. Like Randar said, he's repeating A ball for something like the 5th or 6th time. Repeating levels more than twice is not the hallmark of a real prospect.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:13 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Is 25 really that old?
For A-ball? Yes, it's quite old. He has teammates who are 20. Most are 20-22.

There are about 7 guys on our AAA team who are younger than Daigle.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:30 PM
WSI Church Elder

Well, it'd be interesting to see how he'd do in Birmingham or even Charlotte. He's obviously good enough to graduate from A ball.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:12 PM
WSI Regular

The White Sox send us guys like Leo for "leadership" roles. So far I'd say he's doing a fine job.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:26 PM
New At WSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_sox_fan
The White Sox send us guys like Leo for "leadership" roles. So far I'd say he's doing a fine job.

Right now the Barons need a guy who is a leader. No leadership on this team what so ever that includes the coaching staff
Old 06-21-2005, 10:43 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_sox_fan
So what is this, a real life "Bull Durham" movie?
Old 06-21-2005, 03:07 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAMBARONS
Right now the Barons need a guy who is a leader. No leadership on this team what so ever that includes the coaching staff
I just learned that Rich Dotson came up (class-wise, or down, directionally speaking) from Great Falls to be the pitching coach for Birmingham. No good?

SMO
Old 06-21-2005, 03:13 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillMissOzzie
I just learned that Rich Dotson came up (class-wise, or down, directionally speaking) from Great Falls to be the pitching coach for Birmingham. No good?
Dotson has been the pitching coach in Birmingham all year unless I missed something.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:33 PM
New At WSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillMissOzzie

SMO

I wasn't talking about the pitching staff, I assumed the box scores would have shown what trouble we having getting held to 6 runs in 4 game set against the worst pitching staff in the SL in awful. Pitching hasn't been a weakness all year long the hitting and mainly at the Met has been awful to say it nicely. I would like to see some team ball where a power hitter isn't scared to draw a walk or hit an opposite field single, I don't see it I see hitters with the team down by 3 taking homerun swings like they are going to hit a 3-run bomb with no one on base. I have seen no adjustments made in the swings in 2 months. That is why I believe there needs to be a change
Old 06-21-2005, 03:36 PM
New At WSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar68
Dotson has been the pitching coach in Birmingham all year unless I missed something.
He has and he is doing a great job done a great Job with Jenks so far this season.