White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the Sporting News ROTY award, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2005, 11:37 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palpidious
guess someone is in denial

You are the one calling for the season by this one game.

The Twins only scored one run today on Scott Earlton, do you think they are flipping out?
Old 05-23-2005, 11:39 PM
Chief Geek - Security Guard

Quote:
guess someone is in denial
Denial? You are completely psychotic. Have you checked the standings lately?
Old 05-23-2005, 11:40 PM
Parking Lot Attendant

We were flat out dominated tonight. Ervin Santana looked like Johan Santana against us. Orlando Cabrera looked like Miguel Cabrera against us. Darin Erstad looked like, well, he looked like someone who can actually hit. Horrible game. Just another in the long list of horrible west coast games.

Garland wasn't great, but really, this could have been a 0-0 game going into the 9th. Crede's misplay was huge out there. It's a simple catch and tag and two runs don't score. That said, Garland does have to make the pitches to get out of the jam.

We talked about this in the chat, but does anyone else think that if Rowand is in center, those runs don't score? Frankly, as I said, I think Rowand catches both the Kennedy double and the Molina single. For that matter, Pods might catch those balls. I have no idea why Timo was in center. It should have been Pods in center with Rowand resting. That's a poor decision by Ozzie. It's becoming clearer that Timo is gone when Gload and Frank return.

Just a crappy game. Before someone points it out - and I realize that by the time I've typed this all up and clicked submit, someone probably will have - Santana had a 13 ERA coming into the game. Let's not get too worked up over that though. It was one bad outing in his major league debut. He's a good young pitcher with talent. It's still embarrassing to get shutout by a rookie making only his second major league start. I would hope the Sox are embarrassed by that.
Banned

Corpseball is not one outing, it is a series of games where the bats are dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUsoxfan
Can I make a suggestion to eliminate this tag? It seems to only promote inappropriate overuse
Good idea.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:41 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUsoxfan
Can I make a suggestion to eliminate this tag? It seems to only promote inappropriate overuse
Plus, we have to see the faces of Brian Daubach and Rick White. I'm still trying to pretend that those guys never existed.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:42 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarWestChicago
Denial? You are completely psychotic. Have you checked the standings lately?
you're in denial if you don't think this was their worst and most pathetic attempt at playing the game today. looks like they got a little bit too relaxed and decided not to give jon some run support. it was pathetic. the season's not over but i won't keep my head in the sand either.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:42 PM
dcb33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva Medias B's
The loss does not bother me that much considering:
  • Minnesota lost.
  • We were playing at Anaheim.
The only thing that will make my butt sting will be mediots and moronic Cub fans saying that the Cubs are going to rise in the NL Central and overtake the Cardinals while we'll be overtaken by Minnesota. They'll point to Sunday's loss as the turning point.
How could this loss not bother you? The Sox may have to go to Anaheim if they make the playoffs, and they sure won't last long playing the way they did tonight. Someone really needs to kick this team in the butt becuase their fear of playing out west has gone way over the top and they need to stop it now if they want to be considered legitimate AL contenders.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:43 PM
WSI Personality

Default Garland Got Rocked Tonight

I was there tonight...he was hit hard to the gaps 4 times tonight...it was like Double-Fest...not sure why, but they had his number. JG just didn't have it goin on.

We hit the ball pretty hard tonight too, but right at them...lots of line drives...

Oh well...3 more against the Angels and I'll be at all 3!

GO SOX!

WSI Regular

Sorry FarWest; i didn't mean to start an argument: I just thought that tonight's performance, by comparison to what they've done all season was pretty dead and uninspired. If I misused the tag, then I apologize once again.
WSI Church Elder

vizz the fizz needs to be run out of town... ozzie should just give him bus fare and leave him out in LA....... if ozzie doesn't stop falling in love with vizz the fizz and cotts, bringing them in first, then he may be given a bus ticket himself.

2014: 1-1
Banned

Quote:
you're in denial if you don't think this was their worst and most pathetic attempt at playing the game today. looks like they got a little bit too relaxed and decided not to give jon some run support. it was pathetic. the season's not over but i won't keep my head in the sand either.

There are two shift keys provided on every keyboard.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:44 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:

Apparently your head has been in the sand all year. It was one damn game.

Quote:
You're right, the Sox didn't try to hit or score. Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound? You are completely embarrassing yourself. Do yourself a favor, back away from the keyboard and return tomorrow when you have regained some composure.
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjav829
We were flat out dominated tonight... I would hope the Sox are embarrassed by that.
I seriously hope they take this butt kicking and use it to show they're the best team in baseball tomorrow night. We've bounced back before, not always the very next game, but it would show some character as well as set the tone for the rest of the series and road trip.