White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2005, 05:51 PM
WSI High Priest

Default 5/11 games

B'ham lost 8-5. Tracey got roughed up. Pollok and Meaux held them for 5.2 IP, but then Lamura completely lost it in the 11th (1 IP, 3 ER, 2 H, 3 BB, 0 K). Young walked and singeld to keep his hitting streak alive. With Owens still on the sidelines, Gonzo lead off and reached 3 times. Sweeney: 2-5, 2B, R, OF assist. Fields: 0-3, BB, E. Rogo: 1-4, RBI.

Kanny won both ends of a double-header. Egbert was outstanding (7 IP, 0 R, 4 H, 0 BB, 6 K, pickoff). He's now 2-1 with a 1.62 ERA. Grant Hansen was shaky in his start, but managed to keep Lakewood in check in a short stint (4 IP, 1 R, 0 ER, 2 H, 6 BB!, 4 K). Perez and Zaleski followed with 3 shutout innings. Josh Hansen was the hitting star (3-4, BB, 2B, 2 RBI). Delossantos went 1-3 twice. Kelly's finally showing signs of life with another HR and a 2B. Cook also homered.

Later today, Diaz will make his season debut for the Knights, and Flores will take the mound for the 'Hogs.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:50 PM
WSI Personality

I was at the game so I will update this.

Diaz looked shaky at first (solo hr and control issues) but settled down and pitched decently for the rest of the game. 5IP 2ER (pretty sure both were earned forgot to mark it on the scorecard).

Anderson was 0-4
Burke was 1-3 with a BB
Borchard actually showed up to play and went 2-4 with 2 doubles.
Lopez went 1-3 with a 2R HR and a BB

Dave Sanders gave up an inside the park HR due to 2 throwing errors (this was on a comebacker to the pitcher to arguably the slowest guy on the team).

But they did win the game 6-3
Old 05-12-2005, 12:11 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by krohnjw

Diaz looked shaky at first (solo hr and control issues) but settled down and pitched decently for the rest of the game. 5IP 2ER (pretty sure both were earned forgot to mark it on the scorecard).

Anderson was 0-4
Burke was 1-3 with a BB
Borchard actually showed up to play and went 2-4 with 2 doubles.
Lopez went 1-3 with a 2R HR and a BB

Dave Sanders gave up an inside the park HR due to 2 throwing errors (this was on a comebacker to the pitcher to arguably the slowest guy on the team).

But they did win the game 6-3
I'm hoping that Joe Borchard heats up so that he can contribute to the Sox either by playing on the Sox or having value in a trade.

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello
Old 05-12-2005, 12:57 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by krohnjw
Thanks. Diaz final line was 5 IP, 1 R, 1 ER, 4 H, 1 BB, 1 K. According to the box score, Sanders gave up the other 2 runs. Smith and Baj closed it out with 2 shutout innings. Baj's ERA is now down to 0.61. Rosie Brown was 3-3, 2 2B, BB. Gutierrez started at 3B and went 2-2 with a BB, SB, and E.

The 'Hogs lost 4-3. Flores went 5.1 IP, 2 ER, 5 H, 1 BB, 4 K. Hinton doubled twice and walked. Amador played CF, and was 1-4 with a 2B and RBI. Nanita: 0-3, HBP, SB. Collaro: 1-3, R, RBI, E.