White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2005, 07:51 PM
WSI Regular

Default Whisler and Lumsden

What is wrong with Whisler, he's missed a few starts? Also, where is Tyler Lumsden at?
Old 04-25-2005, 11:46 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tom
What is wrong with Whisler, he's missed a few starts? Also, where is Tyler Lumsden at?
Lummy had elbow surgery. Some bone chips removed, IIRC, was all it was. Whould be fine, but the Sox are going to take it slow with him, ease him back into the rotation (at W-S, likely) the second half of the season is the hope.

Haven't gotten word yet on Whisler, someone else asked last week, but haven't been able to get an official statement on it.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:58 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tom
Whisler has been out after tweaking his shoulder in his first start of the year. They don't think it's anything serious (sorry I don't have more detail than that at this point), but they expect him to start throwing again in the next day or 2. They consider him day-to-day right now.

After a couple side sessions, they should know more. I'll check back again with W-S if he still hasn't starting in the next couple weeks.