White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-20-2005, 10:53 AM
southpaw40 southpaw40 is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southwest Virginia
Posts: 117
Default Bobby Jenks

In reading the game summaries, it appears that Bobby Jenks has recovered from a not-too-good start as closer in Birmingham, and is now pitching well (throwing in the mid to high nineties according to some reports). Since he is a prototypical type closer,do you think the Sox might consider him for a second half promotion to the major league bullpen, if he continues to pitch well?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-20-2005, 10:40 PM
rdivaldi rdivaldi is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Chicago - South Loop
Posts: 2,812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw40
In reading the game summaries, it appears that Bobby Jenks has recovered from a not-too-good start as closer in Birmingham, and is now pitching well (throwing in the mid to high nineties according to some reports). Since he is a prototypical type closer,do you think the Sox might consider him for a second half promotion to the major league bullpen, if he continues to pitch well?
I doubt it. Not because Jenks isn't talented, but who would he replace?

Maybe he'll be a late season call-up after the rosters expand and we've clinched the division...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-21-2005, 08:25 AM
gosox41 gosox41 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdivaldi
I doubt it. Not because Jenks isn't talented, but who would he replace?

Maybe he'll be a late season call-up after the rosters expand and we've clinched the division...
If the rivalry with Minnesota continues to grow, I'd like to give him a special call up to face Hunter.



Bob
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Chicago83 Chicago83 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdivaldi
I doubt it. Not because Jenks isn't talented, but who would he replace?
Umm... Neal Cotts! I know he is a lefty but he is the weak link. We already have Marte and it's not like Cotts is all that good at getting lefties out.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-21-2005, 10:51 PM
jordan23ventura jordan23ventura is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Joliet, IL
Posts: 622
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago83
Umm... Neal Cotts! I know he is a lefty but he is the weak link. We already have Marte and it's not like Cotts is all that good at getting lefties out.
I'd rather stick with Cotts. There is something about Bobby Jenks that scares the crap out of me, and to me he's nothing more than trade bait if he has a good season. Plus, I've also heard that when he's on he is amazing, but when he's off he is just tons of garbage. I've heard he's off a lot more than he's on too. I've never seen him pitch though, so I could be wrong.
__________________
http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...cs/guiness.jpg
Here's to the 2005 AL Central Division Championship!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-22-2005, 04:55 PM
PAPChiSox729 PAPChiSox729 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan23ventura
I'd rather stick with Cotts. There is something about Bobby Jenks that scares the crap out of me, and to me he's nothing more than trade bait if he has a good season. Plus, I've also heard that when he's on he is amazing, but when he's off he is just tons of garbage. I've heard he's off a lot more than he's on too. I've never seen him pitch though, so I could be wrong.
He scares me too. He seems like a guy that would have a great minor league career but then collapse once he reaches the bigs. If we were going to try to improve our bullpen, I would go after proven lefty rather than an unproven, headcase righthander.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.