White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-11-2005, 05:51 PM
Hangar18 Hangar18 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: South Side, Pilsen, CHICAGO
Posts: 11,041
Default Bruce Levineline Furious Over Carlos Lee Slide

He was on the radio this morning with Reinsdorf Antogonists Carmen & Silvy,
and he was furious with Carlos Lee. He said Lee didnt have any baseball
sense and that was a big reason he was let go by the SOX. His anger
seemed to be more cubbie-anger influenced and not really that of a paid
unbiased reporter. Anyone else hear this clown?
__________________
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...&postid=343998
" The problem with someone printing Lies all the time, is eventually, people are going to start Believing it, if you don't rebut it " - Hawk Harrelson on what happens when you Ignore The Media
" Ignoring the Issues doesn't make them go away " - Score host Jason Goff
" The 2006 White Sox..... simply didn't have the hunger of the Twins or Tigers" - SunTimes columnist and SOX fan Richard Roeper
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-11-2005, 05:58 PM
soltrain21 soltrain21 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 14,452
Default

We were all pretty pissed at Hunter last year, weren't we? Lee was playing hard, and it was unfortunate that Walker got drilled by him....but that is hard nosed baseball. If Carlos is sending a message to the Cubs that they will be around all year, I think the message was received.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-11-2005, 06:07 PM
brewcrew/chisox brewcrew/chisox is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: The Ukraine is not weak!
Posts: 459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangar18
He was on the radio this morning with Reinsdorf Antogonists Carmen & Silvy,
and he was furious with Carlos Lee. He said Lee didnt have any baseball
sense and that was a big reason he was let go by the SOX. His anger
seemed to be more cubbie-anger influenced and not really that of a paid
unbiased reporter. Anyone else hear this clown?
That slide was clean, and Levine is just plain wrong for saying otherwise. It was unfortunate that Walker got hurt, but Lee did his job and that was to break up a double play late in the game.

As far as Lee's 'baseball sense?", I really don't think this is the reason the sox traded Lee. The Sox were able to fill a lot of holes with Lee's 11 million dollar salary. I really think that trade will help both teams; Lee is just the kind of right side power that the Brewers need, Visciano shores up the Sox bullpen, and SPods brings speed and stolen bases.

One last thing, I really think the Chicago media has grossly exagerated the comments by Konerko and Rowand. They never said Lee and Ordonez were selfish ballplayers. They just said the current team was unselfish. I think to infer the connection here is a huge.......




"Stretch"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-11-2005, 06:20 PM
brewcrew/chisox brewcrew/chisox is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: The Ukraine is not weak!
Posts: 459
Default

Walker was just on Mac Yurko and Harry saying that he thought that the slide was 'uncoordinated' but not malicious.

hmmm Regardless, who here gives odds that Lee gets plunked the next time the Flubs come to Miller Park?



I say, "Bring it on".
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-11-2005, 06:25 PM
MeanFish MeanFish is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mt. Pleasant, SC
Posts: 682
Default

Say what you will about Carlos Lee's tenure as a White Sock, but the vast majority of the time when he had an opportunity to slide at the 2nd basemen to break up a DP, he did just that.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-11-2005, 06:25 PM
Rocklive99 Rocklive99 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,262
Default

Sliding right into the base, Walker jumped too late, and a big trip up. This is what baseball is about, the refs already treat NBA as if it is the WNBA, let's not let this happen with baseball too.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-11-2005, 06:58 PM
Erik The Red Erik The Red is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Charles, IL
Posts: 1,976
Default

Just out of curiosity, what were Levineline's thoughts on the Hunter/Burke collision?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-11-2005, 07:06 PM
hawkjt hawkjt is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 7,360
Default

There is no doubt in my mind that Hunters play was dirty; he went out of his way to hammer Burkie.

Carlos was dead on the bag. Did not got out of line at all. Levine is full of it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-11-2005, 07:06 PM
hose's Avatar
hose hose is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 4,832
Default

Carlos Lee's slide was good hard nose baseball. It's part of the game you see less and less of now days.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-11-2005, 07:46 PM
Mohoney Mohoney is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Palos Hills, IL
Posts: 8,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew/chisox
hmmm Regardless, who here gives odds that Lee gets plunked the next time the Flubs come to Miller Park?



I say, "Bring it on".
If it happens, he should just charge the mound immediately.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsemaster Fred
This is the major leagues so get it how you live and letís fight tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-11-2005, 07:58 PM
Kogs35 Kogs35 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoney
If it happens, he should just charge the mound immediately.
he probely will, he did against marte and ill take lee over any cub player in a fight.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-11-2005, 08:17 PM
faneidde's Avatar
faneidde faneidde is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,192
Default

As a subheading under Hangar's thread title, I think WSI Patrons furious Over Bruce Levine's Horrible Journalism would be great.
__________________
make me
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-11-2005, 08:52 PM
Lip Man 1 Lip Man 1 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chubbuck, Idaho
Posts: 32,169
Default

According to the Tribune game recap they said Walker held his ground rather then not try to get the DP. If Walker bailed, his legs wouldn't have been locked and he wouldn't have gotten hurt.

Just one of those things. As for Levine F' him.

Lip
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-11-2005, 09:02 PM
Palehose13 Palehose13 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In Milwaukee, hey!
Posts: 10,440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew/chisox
That slide was clean, and Levine is just plain wrong for saying otherwise. It was unfortunate that Walker got hurt, but Lee did his job and that was to break up a double play late in the game.

As far as Lee's 'baseball sense?", I really don't think this is the reason the sox traded Lee. The Sox were able to fill a lot of holes with Lee's 11 million dollar salary. I really think that trade will help both teams; Lee is just the kind of right side power that the Brewers need, Visciano shores up the Sox bullpen, and SPods brings speed and stolen bases.

One last thing, I really think the Chicago media has grossly exagerated the comments by Konerko and Rowand. They never said Lee and Ordonez were selfish ballplayers. They just said the current team was unselfish. I think to infer the connection here is a huge.......




"Stretch"
Best. Post. Ever. (esp. the part about the Konerko/Rowand comments)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-11-2005, 10:54 PM
Banix12 Banix12 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,471
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew/chisox
One last thing, I really think the Chicago media has grossly exagerated the comments by Konerko and Rowand. They never said Lee and Ordonez were selfish ballplayers. They just said the current team was unselfish. I think to infer the connection here is a huge.......
yeah, every article I have seen about those comments have basically quoted them and then said in the next sentence, "Now they don't mention selfish players by name but it's reasonable to assume they are Ordonez, Lee and Valentin". It's basically the news media's nature to always look for the negative in the story and to find the angle that sells paper. Still to infer the negative and print it isn't factual reporting, it's just gossip.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.