GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2005, 12:20 AM
WSI Personality

Default Sox officially announce 2005 promotions

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASA...=.jsp&c_id=cws

Pretty good promotions for this year. Pan-American Night is back. They are also have Motown night, Mullet Night, Elvis Night, Ratpack Night, and they are celebrating the 40th Anniversary of the Beatles playing at old Comiskey. As they announced before, the Sox will wear '59 throwback unis for the June 18 game agaisnt the Dodgers.
Probably the best day is June 22 - "Nothing but Nancy Day" where there will be no canned music whatsoever.

Half Way to St. Patrick's Day will be on the 9th instead of the 17th, but the Sox will wear green pinstripe jerseys and green hats. That should be sweet.
Also, Mondays are still half priced, and Tuesdays are 2 for 1 UD seats. Also new, they are having 12 "win a jersey wednesdays", which is nice.

"This is our rival right here. Forget the other teams. I think it's going to come down to us and (the Indians)."
-Dmitri Young, 4/10/05
Old 03-31-2005, 12:42 AM
WSI High Priest

Nothing But Nancy day should excite a lot of the purists here.

I myself am looking forward to Mullet night. I may fashion my hair into such a style just for that event.
"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but its nature is to be extravagant, and those who go so far as to stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only when they are ruined."
-- Thucydides
Old 03-31-2005, 01:57 AM
WSI Church Elder

Nothing but Nancy night sounds like an idea spawned from certain e-mails to Brooks Boyer from certain WSI members. Good job guys!
Old 03-31-2005, 02:34 AM
WSI Church Elder

The green pinstripe jerseys sound pretty cool. Kids these days are pretty lucky as well, free jerseys?!? OH well, they only get plastic bats now! Back when I was younger, the Sox gave out real wooden bats. I still have all of mine!
Old 03-31-2005, 07:08 AM
Banned

Mullet night but now bobbleheads. Thad Sux!!! I loved going on bobblehead day so I can keep my office decorating up to date.

Nothing but Nancy is awesome and should be an everyday promotion. I hope she does Run Around Sue after pitching changes and the Alabama song during rallies just for old time sake. But the turnover may be too great from the last time she played those...
Old 03-31-2005, 08:00 AM
WSI Church Elder

I'm stoked for Nancy day. That is going to be one great game.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:01 AM
WSI Prelate

June 22 was not in my 13 game package (it is KC sandwiched between the Dodgers and the Cubs) but I think I am going to have to buy single game tickets for that.

Nothing but Nancy? That ROCKS! I'm wondering if Brooks took a queue from the fans on that one?

That could be...well...awesome!
Old 03-31-2005, 08:08 AM
Banned

I am totally stoked for mullet night. Last year for halfway to St. Pat's day they didn't wear the green so I'm looking forward to that.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:11 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesox029
Nothing but Nancy night sounds like an idea spawned from certain e-mails to Brooks Boyer from certain WSI members. Good job guys!
This should further embolden us to send even more e-mails to Brooks!

Just kidding - I agree, I think it's great that he's listening to fans. Contrast that with his predecessor who told Nancy that most fans hate her.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:14 AM
WSI Prelate

The Cubune had a quick blurb on the Beatles tribute and a few of the other nights:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...l=chi-news-hed
Old 03-31-2005, 09:02 AM
WSI Guru

Is the bobblehead promotion dead?
Old 03-31-2005, 09:03 AM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike squires
I hope she does Run Around Sue after pitching changes and the Alabama song during rallies just for old time sake. But the turnover may be too great from the last time she played those...
Yeah, those were the good old days. I remember that Alabama song too...good stuff.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:11 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrch
June 22 was not in my 13 game package (it is KC sandwiched between the Dodgers and the Cubs) but I think I am going to have to buy single game tickets for that.

Nothing but Nancy? That ROCKS! I'm wondering if Brooks took a queue from the fans on that one?

That could be...well...awesome!
It's actually Nothing but Nancy DAY. June 22 is a day game. Plenty of good seats still available.

19 seasons, 9232 AB, 216 SO
Old 03-31-2005, 09:16 AM
WSI Personality

Nothing but Nancy Day is the best idea they've come up with- I think I'm gonna make it to that one... The Mullet Night, however, is just asking for ridicule.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:32 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' No. 2
It's actually Nothing but Nancy DAY. June 22 is a day game. Plenty of good seats still available.
Yes, I saw that. I work downtown and I'm thinking of taking a 1/2 day vacation time off to go to this game.

Sox fans, this is our real chance to get our message across. Alot of us have been complaining for years about the demise of Nancy's music in favor of annoying canned music. We'd be sending a strong message that we want to hear more of Nancy Faust if we had a strong turnout on 6/22. We'd be speaking with our pocketbooks and that's the only language JR understands.

(hey, my 100th post!)