White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2005, 04:03 AM
WSI Personality

Post Fields Pitching?!?!?

Maybe I'm completely clueless, but it looks like Josh Fields pitched 2 innings today against the Brewers, and gave Caballo the satisfaction of hitting a dinger against the Sox. I'm just looking at the box score, but it looks like he didn't even get any AB's. Why would he get a shot at pitching?!?!?! He did put up 4 K's in 2 innings, but I think his time would be much better spent at 3B. Unless everyone else is spent, why not put him out on the field, unless it was because Crede went 4 for 4 and just needed to get some more AB's. Does this confuse anyone else?? Does Fields have any history of pitching?? (outside of little leagues...) If anyone has any sort of explanation, please let me know...

Although I am pretty damn happy with the 17 runs we put up!

Last edited by VivaOzzie; 03-24-2005 at 04:10 AM.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:16 AM
Happy Meal Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaOzzie
Maybe I'm completely clueless, but it looks like Josh Fields pitched 2 innings today against the Brewers, and gave Caballo the satisfaction of hitting a dinger against the Sox. I'm just looking at the box score, but it looks like he didn't even get any AB's. Why would he get a shot at pitching?!?!?! He did put up 4 K's in 2 innings, but I think his time would be much better spent at 3B. Unless everyone else is spent, why not put him out on the field, unless it was because Crede went 4 for 4 and just needed to get some more AB's. Does this confuse anyone else?? Does Fields have any history of pitching?? (outside of little leagues...) If anyone has any sort of explanation, please let me know...

Although I am pretty damn happy with the 17 runs we put up!
If I recall correctly, there are actually two "Josh Fields" in our system, one the third baseman, one a pitcher. Anyone care to confirm?
Old 03-24-2005, 07:02 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRIG
If I recall correctly, there are actually two "Josh Fields" in our system, one the third baseman, one a pitcher. Anyone care to confirm?
Yes there are two Josh Fields.
Odd as it may seem, the Sox also have or had Carlos Lee's brother in the farm system too...also named Carlos Lee.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEdWalsh
Yes there are two Josh Fields.
Odd as it may seem, the Sox also have or had Carlos Lee's brother in the farm system too...also named Carlos Lee.
He's a catcher played at Winston-Salem last year. Good stick, no glove, not overly smart neither.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:58 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRIG
Correct. There's the Josh Fields that was the sox first round pick last year and then the Josh Fields who was a relief pitcher in Birmingham last year.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ondafarm
Good stick, no glove, not overly smart neither.
Sounds like his brother.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:33 PM
New At WSI

Default Uniform #

Strangely both Josh Fields have the same # "21" according to the White Sox website.