White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2005, 01:42 PM
WSI Regular

Default Wood flew back to Chicago for tests

The day after leaving the game before the 3rd inning because of "tightness in his shoulder"

Bruce Levine
ESPN Radio
Old 03-10-2005, 01:47 PM
Parking Lot Attendant

No big deal. I hear the tests are only being done on his pinky toe because he jammed it walking into a coffee table last night. Nothing major. The tests aren't for his shoulder, right guys?

"We couldn't have said it any better if we tried."
Old 03-10-2005, 01:51 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjav829
No big deal. I hear the tests are only being done on his pinky toe because he jammed it walking into a coffee table last night. Nothing major. The tests aren't for his shoulder, right guys?

"We couldn't have said it any better if we tried."
lol
wasn't the report yesterday that Wood will not have an MRI? Today he comes back to Chicago for an MRI......
Old 03-10-2005, 01:51 PM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

Maybe his shoulder just never recovered from smashing Scammy's boombox last year.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:52 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerko
Maybe his shoulder just never recovered from smashing Scammy's boombox last year.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:00 PM
WSI High Priest

Uh-oh.

"There is absolutely nothing wrong with Mark Prior, praise Dusty! [aside] What? Who? Uh..."

*scrambling to put his speaking points in order*

"uh...(ahem) Yes! Uh...I will to make a statement shortly! You won't want to miss the rapture! Remain in your seats!"
Old 03-10-2005, 02:11 PM
WSI High Priest

Prior watch and Wood Watch... Does anyone have the number to get a Tribune Subscription?
Old 03-10-2005, 02:37 PM
WSI Personality

I'm sure this is precautionary.

"That was the plan no matter what. Because I had Kearns and 'MaTola,' whatever his name is, the first baseman, the fat guy, I don't know what ****ing name is - LaPorta - on the bench and I didn't want them to face Matt."
Old 03-10-2005, 03:06 PM
WSI High Priest

As I said yesterday...

Quote:
I'll believe the Cubbie report on Wood's shoulder when he's pitching on Monday, against the Sox. - DrCrawdad yesterday.

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello
Old 03-10-2005, 03:09 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad
As I said yesterday...
Good call Doc.

Risk

"Is minic a ghearr teanga duine a scornach"-(Celtic)
"it is often that a person's tongue cut his throat"
Old 03-10-2005, 03:19 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekijawa
Prior watch and Wood Watch... Does anyone have the number to get a Tribune Subscription?
There won't be room in the Tribune sports section for the Wood watch because there will be so much coverage and focus on the "Frank Thomas Watch".
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
Old 03-10-2005, 03:47 PM
WSI High Priest

I'm shocked...SHOCKED, I tell you, especially as truthful and forthcoming as the sCrUBS medical staff was in reporting on last year's injuries.

SMO
Old 03-10-2005, 04:47 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad
As I said yesterday...
The report is this:

"[The MRI] showed a little bursitis in the back of his shoulder, some mild inflammation along some of the cuff muscles but nothing significant," O'Neal said Thursday. "Today, he woke up this morning and we wanted to let Dr. Gryzlo look at him as well with the results of the MRI. That way we can set a plan for him from this day forward.....

"The inflammation that he has -- the word that he used to Dr. Adams and myself is that it felt tight," O'Neal said. "You have fluid built up, and the bursa is a little inflamed and that's going to reproduce the 'tightness' feelings. The MRI for me and for Dr. Adams and Dr. Gryzlo correlated with the exam he gave us [Wednesday] afternoon."

Baker said he'll likely miss 1-2 starts.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:01 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsahajpal
The report is this:

"[The MRI] showed a little bursitis in the back of his shoulder, some mild inflammation along some of the cuff muscles but nothing significant," O'Neal said Thursday. "Today, he woke up this morning and we wanted to let Dr. Gryzlo look at him as well with the results of the MRI. That way we can set a plan for him from this day forward.....

"The inflammation that he has -- the word that he used to Dr. Adams and myself is that it felt tight," O'Neal said. "You have fluid built up, and the bursa is a little inflamed and that's going to reproduce the 'tightness' feelings. The MRI for me and for Dr. Adams and Dr. Gryzlo correlated with the exam he gave us [Wednesday] afternoon."

Thanks, VS, For the Cubs' sake, they need him healthy...

What's your thoughts on the new line-up? They needed to add contact and OBP and they added Hairston and Burnitz? I guess that confused me quite a bit, but I'm curious what you thought...
Old 03-10-2005, 05:04 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsahajpal
The report is this:

Do cub fans still believe the prognosis that comes from the cubs camp after all the crap from last year?