White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2005, 05:34 PM
WSI Personality

Post Add Rick Telander to Idiot list

In case anyone heard it on the Score,he is speculating why Frank has always been given a "free pass"(his words) and not scrutinized more about steroids.He went on to say something along the lines that Congress must suspect him to lump him in with the likes of Canseco and company for the Congressional hearing. I normally don't let mediots get to me too much,but if you heard him and the tone he used,you probably are a little miffed too.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:49 PM
WSI Prelate

And I suppose Congress suspects Curt Schilling, too?

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 03-07-2005, 05:55 PM
WSI Personality

I have been indifferent to Telander's radio show,though I have found it amusing how many times he has to ask J. Hood about sports facts when a lifelong "journalist" ought to know a thing or two.But he is really starting to act more and more like a horse's ass. I think he has been drinking anti-Sox Kool-Aid with his Sun-Times cohort,Moronotti.Maybe they should combine their columns under the heading Dumb and Dumber.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Banned

Most boring/one of the worst radio shows I've ever heard. I'd rather listen to Rome. It's no wonder that MJH crush them in ratings.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:13 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklive99
Most boring/one of the worst radio shows I've ever heard. I'd rather listen to Rome. It's no wonder that MJH crush them in ratings.
Good thing I have never listened, Rome is bad enough. I can't imagine somebody worse.

Go Sox....OH YEAH!
Old 03-07-2005, 09:09 PM
WSI High Priest

In Canseco's book he mentions a story where he is racing his car down the highway, and Frank is riding shotgun. It may have something to do with Frank's invitation.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:25 PM
WSI Church Elder

Rick Telander = all the psuedo-intellectualism of a Dan Bernstein, minus the self depravating sense of humor.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOXPHILE
Rick Telander = all the psuedo-intellectualism of a Dan Bernstein, minus the self depravating sense of humor.
Dan Bernstein is self-depraved?

Old 03-07-2005, 11:00 PM
WSI Personality

Telander was a Northwestern graduate, and has always seemed to come over with a holyer than thou attitude towards the NCAA, and college sports in general. Not that the NCAA can't use a poke now and then, but it gets old after a while. HOWEVER, he did lay in to Bud today in his Sun-Times article concerning steriods. http://www.suntimes.com/output/telan...t-rick072.html
Old 03-07-2005, 11:20 PM
Banned

I've noticed that there's a lot of silence during Telander's show especially when he needs a stat or something. He's boring and the show is terrible.
This is just his attempt at making some noise so people might care about what he says. North is the same way, no clue as to the facts, just talk to hear themselves.
By the way, Bernstein is self-depraving but only when Boers makes fun of him. I can imagine him not being that way off the show.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:04 AM
WSI Prelate

I think that show would be better with just J. Hood and Doug Buffone. There seems to be a better chemistry there.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:30 AM
dcb33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpammySosa
I have been indifferent to Telander's radio show,though I have found it amusing how many times he has to ask J. Hood about sports facts when a lifelong "journalist" ought to know a thing or two.

I CAN'T STAND listening to him for that very reason- he is completely lost when talking about stats or facts, and usually rambles on like a fool for minutes until someone helps him out. A prime example was about 6 weeks ago after the Bulls beat the Knicks at MSG and the topic of discussion was the East's playoff seedings. He wasted five minutes of air time questioning why Boston (or whoever was leading the Titanic Division at the time) was listed as the No. 3 in that day's edition of the Sun Times and not lower (since their record was worse than the 4-8th teams)- not realizing that the NBA now has 3 Divisions in each Conference and that the 3 Division winners take the top 3 seeds. I kept yelling at the radio because it was so frustrating to listen to this bufoon waste my time. I guess he's just trying to polish his resume for position at ESPN.

I can tolerate Buffone and Hood, but I refuse to listen to that show when Telander is on.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:47 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpammySosa
In case anyone heard it on the Score,he is speculating why Frank has always been given a "free pass"(his words) and not scrutinized more about steroids.He went on to say something along the lines that Congress must suspect him to lump him in with the likes of Canseco and company for the Congressional hearing. I normally don't let mediots get to me too much,but if you heard him and the tone he used,you probably are a little miffed too.
You're never going to escape the North Side Crybaby Bears
in this city,but consider these 4 words:

Mac,Jurco and Harry. They are a much better option than the SNORE!!
Old 03-08-2005, 11:58 AM
WSI Church Elder

Default Telander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKryl
Telander was a Northwestern graduate, and has always seemed to come over with a holyer than thou attitude towards the NCAA, and college sports in general. Not that the NCAA can't use a poke now and then, but it gets old after a while. HOWEVER, he did lay in to Bud today in his Sun-Times article concerning steriods. http://www.suntimes.com/output/telander/cst-spt-rick072.html
He did let Bud have it, but it was only a few months ago that Telander went on TV and said Selig was one of the best baseball commissioners ever. One day he sounds intelligent, the next you have no idea where he is coming from.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:01 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKryl
Telander was a Northwestern graduate, and has always seemed to come over with a holyer than thou attitude towards the NCAA, and college sports in general. Not that the NCAA can't use a poke now and then, but it gets old after a while. HOWEVER, he did lay in to Bud today in his Sun-Times article concerning steriods. http://www.suntimes.com/output/telan...t-rick072.html
He did let Bud have it, but it was only a few months ago that Telander went on TV and said Selig was one of the best baseball commissioners ever. One day he sounds intelligent, the next you have no idea where he is coming from.
IMO, It's usually pretty easy to tell where he's coming from....